Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wiggie said:
Congrats dangerJones and evanhindra :)

Hopefully we will receive similar news soon as our file has now been "In Process" for nearly 3 weeks now... Hopefully this is a good thing?

ECAS is by no means a reliable communication tool/channel for applicants. BUT GENERALLY, it means they've taken a look at your file and you should expect a message from them in the next couple of days (Email/Postal).

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Amy612 said:
It's not 9 months for him it's only 4 months in singapore. I know he is from Bangladesh also. So be happy :D

Thank you Thank you Amy ..you know how happy I am to see someone is landing with such a short time line :D ;D :D ;D

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
suva said:
C ID MEANS UR PR CARD NO. U HAVE TO MENTION THIS ALONG WITH THE APPLICATON NO. SO THEY CAN LOCATE UR APPLICATION
Hi Suva,
Congratulations! On your ecas, did you ever see "Medical results have been received?" with no address on your online status page? If you did see, could you please tell me, how long did it take to get the PPR from the day you first saw the message "Medical results have been received"? Thanks.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Re: My favourite Email of the year!

evanhindra said:
So; after almost 12 months waiting (seems longer than most people here?) I got an Email from Singapore:

Ain't that the sweetest Email? ;)

Anyhow, my wife is planning to deliver her passport in person; as she need to re-enter Canada anyway. Has anyone ever had any experience delivering their documents in person? How would it take for Singapore to process?

It's rather unfortunate that I can't accompany her to her trip to Singapore; not only because I wish to be with her every step of the way; I'm really sad at the prospect of missing out the fantastic food Singapore has to offer :(. Having said that, I have a few questions:

1) Is there any fee we'd have to pay upon delivering her passport in Singapore?
2) I believe there's a fee that we have to pay upon my wife's First Landing; I've been trying to find the Fees Checklist document, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone remember how much it is?

I'm really excited; hoping to finally start doing all the stuff we were planning once she gets her PR card!
WoW what a good news! am so happy for you that they replied with a amazing news. its good that its all before your things expire. I wish i had a smilar luck, my husband medical expired long ago also waiting for interview letter, its seems like its gonna take forever.They never replied to my email sent in feb...:( please pray that he will have his interview by may and everything will be right. Enjoy your new start with your spouse :)

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
dangerJones said:
"Those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure." (Qur'an, 39:10)

Yesterday afternoon, we finally got the call we were waiting for! The IOM office in Ho Chi Minh City called my wife to confirm that her immigration application has been approved, and to ask her to submit her passport. Because our medical results are set to expire on April 14th, she asked us to send the following items to their office by Friday morning for what my wife described as an "urgent" PPR:

1) 4 photos;
2) Passport;
3) Original medical report or receipt of payment for medical results (to show the date issued and prove urgency);
4) My address in Canada;
5) 35 USD fee.

My wife, who follows the Vietnamese-language forums for immigration to Canada, says this seems to be fairly common when medical results are set to expire. We've gathered up all the items and she's sending them off to the Fedex office right away. Her brother will submit them at the office tomorrow and check to make sure that everything's there. If all goes well, we should be set to leave on April 6th. If so, it means we'll have waited ten months to the day from submitting our application to landing. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to everyone here with such short notice, but after a long consultation with the whole family, we agreed that we have to seize the chance that's been given to us. In the next two weeks, we'll be scrambling to tie up as many loose ends as possible in the race towards the finish. Looks like I'll have to add one more person to my return ticket to Canada ;D
Congratulation the waiting is almost over, please pray for us.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Congratulations Dangerjones and Evanhindra :)

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
suva said:
C ID MEANS UR PR CARD NO. U HAVE TO MENTION THIS ALONG WITH THE APPLICATON NO. SO THEY CAN LOCATE UR APPLICATION
Hi Suva,

Just wondering if your passport had visa stamps from any other countries you previously visited? Thanks.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
ANYONE WAITING THE SECOND INTERVIEW LETTER ANY NEWS YET? 6MONTHS RUNNING FOR ME, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!I MARRIED IN DECEMBER 2009 FOR GOODNESS SAKE:(

HOPE I WILL GET MY CAIPS SOON AND I WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE ''BRING FORWARD DATE'' (IN BOLD FORMAT):(
THIS WAITING PAIN IS UNBEARABLE! AND NOW WAITING 1MONTH AND 2WEEKS TO GO BACKHOME AND SEE MY HUSBAND, IT FEELS SOOOOO HORRIBLE THAT AFTER THE 18DAYS VACATION I WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE MY HUSBAND BACKHOME ONE MORE TIME!

WHERE IS GOD!!!!! MY HUSBAND AND I ARE SO DESPERATE, PLEASE ANYONE HELP! IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN SEE IN A CRYSTAL BALL WHEN WE WILL BE LIVING HAPPILLY TOGHETER. :mad:

IF THAT DOESNT HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON, AS A CITIZEN SINCE KID ,I WILL FKG LEAVE THIS DAMN COUNTRY TO LIVE WITH MY HUSBAND, FKG TIRED!! F**CK CANADA, I DONT ACCEPT TO SUFFERR ANYMMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
No news here Shiny. We are same timeline so I will be sure to let you know the minute I hear anything.

I know exactly how you feel. I will be going to see her for a 3rd time in a couple of weeks and do remember what it felt like leaving again.

Everyday this whole thing seems more and more like a lottery. What a shame.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
ANYONE WAITING THE SECOND INTERVIEW LETTER ANY NEWS YET? 6MONTHS RUNNING FOR ME, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!I MARRIED IN DECEMBER 2009 FOR GOODNESS SAKE:(

HOPE I WILL GET MY CAIPS SOON AND I WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE ''BRING FORWARD DATE'' (IN BOLD FORMAT):(
THIS WAITING PAIN IS UNBEARABLE! AND NOW WAITING 1MONTH AND 2WEEKS TO GO BACKHOME AND SEE MY HUSBAND, IT FEELS SOOOOO HORRIBLE THAT AFTER THE 18DAYS VACATION I WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE MY HUSBAND BACKHOME ONE MORE TIME!

WHERE IS GOD!!!!! MY HUSBAND AND I ARE SO DESPERATE, PLEASE ANYONE HELP! IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN SEE IN A CRYSTAL BALL WHEN WE WILL BE LIVING HAPPILLY TOGHETER. :mad:

IF THAT DOESNT HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON, AS A CITIZEN SINCE KID ,I WILL FKG LEAVE THIS DAMN COUNTRY TO LIVE WITH MY HUSBAND, FKG TIRED!! F**CK CANADA, I DONT ACCEPT TO SUFFERR
yeah ....im sooo FKG tired with this ..

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Hello121 said:
No news here Shiny. We are same timeline so I will be sure to let you know the minute I hear anything.

I know exactly how you feel. I will be going to see her for a 3rd time in a couple of weeks and do remember what it felt like leaving again.

Everyday this whole thing seems more and more like a lottery. What a shame.
Hi Hello !
It took Singapore 8 months to let you know that you are in interview list !?!!? When CIC Mississauga transferred the file to Singapore did you get any AOR from Singapore? Mississauga transferred my file on February and since then I have been waiting for Singapore to send me any email or letter stating that they have received my file. How would I know if they have received my file or not? Is there any way out ?

Thanks

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shaheenaz said:
Hi Suva,

Just wondering if your passport had visa stamps from any other countries you previously visited? Thanks.
Yap, he was in UK.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Re: My favourite Email of the year!

evanhindra said:
So; after almost 12 months waiting (seems longer than most people here?) I got an Email from Singapore:

Ain't that the sweetest Email? ;)

Anyhow, my wife is planning to deliver her passport in person; as she need to re-enter Canada anyway. Has anyone ever had any experience delivering their documents in person? How would it take for Singapore to process?

It's rather unfortunate that I can't accompany her to her trip to Singapore; not only because I wish to be with her every step of the way; I'm really sad at the prospect of missing out the fantastic food Singapore has to offer :(. Having said that, I have a few questions:

1) Is there any fee we'd have to pay upon delivering her passport in Singapore?
2) I believe there's a fee that we have to pay upon my wife's First Landing; I've been trying to find the Fees Checklist document, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone remember how much it is?

I'm really excited; hoping to finally start doing all the stuff we were planning once she gets her PR card!
congratulationssss!!!

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
dangerJones said:
"Those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure." (Qur'an, 39:10)

Yesterday afternoon, we finally got the call we were waiting for! The IOM office in Ho Chi Minh City called my wife to confirm that her immigration application has been approved, and to ask her to submit her passport. Because our medical results are set to expire on April 14th, she asked us to send the following items to their office by Friday morning for what my wife described as an "urgent" PPR:

1) 4 photos;
2) Passport;
3) Original medical report or receipt of payment for medical results (to show the date issued and prove urgency);
4) My address in Canada;
5) 35 USD fee.

My wife, who follows the Vietnamese-language forums for immigration to Canada, says this seems to be fairly common when medical results are set to expire. We've gathered up all the items and she's sending them off to the Fedex office right away. Her brother will submit them at the office tomorrow and check to make sure that everything's there. If all goes well, we should be set to leave on April 6th. If so, it means we'll have waited ten months to the day from submitting our application to landing. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to everyone here with such short notice, but after a long consultation with the whole family, we agreed that we have to seize the chance that's been given to us. In the next two weeks, we'll be scrambling to tie up as many loose ends as possible in the race towards the finish. Looks like I'll have to add one more person to my return ticket to Canada ;D
Congratulations. Pray for us who rstill waiting and don't know when this will be over.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shiny88 said:

IF THAT DOESNT HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON, AS A CITIZEN SINCE KID ,I WILL FKG LEAVE THIS DAMN COUNTRY TO LIVE WITH MY HUSBAND, FKG TIRED!! F**CK CANADA, I DONT ACCEPT TO SUFFERR ANYMMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I know how you feel right now. Have patience. It's almost end for you. May be another six months maxm, then all over inshallah. Concentrate about ur planning in BD. Do shopping and make plan the places u r going to visit with ur husband. Don't waste a single moment when u will b there...