+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

DN_Mont

Nov 3, 2011
baobaowaiting said:
Don't put too much stock on the CIC website. My wife's had her PR for over a month now, and it's still not updated.

Hopefully they're spending their time on working on cases :)
Thanks baobao,

I just found out this one in CIC website, regarding eCAS

Q7: I used to be able to use CAS to follow the status of the application I submitted to sponsor my family member. Now I am unable to do so. Why?

A7: Differences between the application submitted by the sponsor in Canada and the supporting documents (example: passport, marriage certificate) submitted by the applicant to the visa office overseas may explain why CAS cannot identify you based on the information you have provided.

You may have been able to access the status of this application in the past through CAS because the original information about the applicant in CAS was the information submitted by the sponsor with the original sponsorship application in Canada.

If the application is now at the point where it is being handled by the visa office overseas, the information in CAS regarding your sponsored family member would reflect the personal details in the passport and supporting documents which the applicant submitted.

Please ensure that the names, date of birth and place of birth as well as other personal details are correct on the correspondence you have received from the visa office or case processing centre. In addition, it is important that you verify that the details you put on the original application form are identical to those on the supporting documents submitted.

It sounds like my wife's application is now handled by Singapore VO (obviously). But whether it's in process or not, I don't know. This makes my worried. :(

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
suva said:
i saw here in this forum that someone sent additional documents and right after that he got PPR. good luck
That would be me. The file was received by the singapore vo on feb 3rd 2011. Nothing changed for 7 months until we sent additional proof and they started processing on sept 18th 2011. I do not think it is a coincidence.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
arunkumar_c said:
That would be me. The file was received by the singapore vo on feb 3rd 2011. Nothing changed for 7 months until we sent additional proof and they started processing on sept 18th 2011. I do not think it is a coincidence.
I think sending additional document may help to look or open file internal foce.that was my main point to send additional document. If they do not accepect then i am fail. Wish me good luck hope it works.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
mirjahan said:
I think sending additional document may help to look or open file internal foce.that was my main point to send additional document. If they do not accepect then i am fail. Wish me good luck hope it works.
All the best. Inshallah you will get something positive very soon.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
arunkumar_c said:
mine is even weird, it went in process after they sent back all the proofs.
application filed 20th july 2011,
sponsorship approved 26th september 2011
asked for additional documents and sent back the proofs 14th nov 2011
in process 17th nov 2011
since then waiting

thegreatone

Oct 21, 2011
I FILED MY WIFE APPLICATION ON APRIL 06TH 2011 IN -MISSISSAUGA CPC
MAY 11TH 2011 - SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
MAY 27TH 2011- APPLICATION RECVD. IN SINGAPORE
OCT 21-2011- RECVD, EMAIL REQUESTING FOR PASSPORT.
OCT 28-2011- DROPPED PASSPORT IN DHAKA, BGD. CANADA EMBASSY
NOV 27-2011- RECEIVED CALL FROM DHAKA EMBASSY FOR PASSPORT PICK UP
DEC 04-2011- PICKED UP PASSPORT WITH VISA STAMP.
DEC 28-2011- FLIGHT CONFIRMED FROM DHAKA TO TORONTO.

MEDICAL EXPIRES JAN 10 2012

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I would like to know which logic they use to know this relation is genius which is not. Some people get answer super fast some they leave for more than 10 months. They do not see physical.only paprr proof. Base on same paper proof they decide later .why they do not ask for more on going proof to process faster. I am angry with Singapore random process. E-mail and ecas not much helpful.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
thegreatone said:
I FILED MY WIFE APPLICATION ON APRIL 06TH 2011 IN -MISSISSAUGA CPC
MAY 11TH 2011 - SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
MAY 27TH 2011- APPLICATION RECVD. IN SINGAPORE
OCT 21-2011- RECVD, EMAIL REQUESTING FOR PASSPORT.
OCT 28-2011- DROPPED PASSPORT IN DHAKA, BGD. CANADA EMBASSY
NOV 27-2011- RECEIVED CALL FROM DHAKA EMBASSY FOR PASSPORT PICK UP
DEC 04-2011- PICKED UP PASSPORT WITH VISA STAMP.
DEC 28-2011- FLIGHT CONFIRMED FROM DHAKA TO TORONTO.

MEDICAL EXPIRES JAN 10 2012
Congratulations! Your time line is quite good. In the whole process, when did your ecas show status "In process"?

Oct0711

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 14, 2011
Med's Request
re-med's request Nov. 22, 2012
Interview........
waived; ecas "In Process" Oct. 12, 2012
thegreatone said:
the day i received email from Singapore for passport request (oct 21) that day the status changed to "in process"

congratulations thegreatone, your timeline is excellent, only 5 months since Singapore received it.

If you don't mind sharing with us about your case, what is your situation? how you filed the application? kind of proofs you sent? etc... You must have presented a very strong marriage for VO singapore to approve that quickly. Thank you in advance.

thegreatone

Oct 21, 2011
well i am Canadian citizen of course. i went to Bangladesh on oct 4-2010 , married on oct 16-2010, came back to canada on feb 01-2011. i almost stayed 4 month after marriage. some people just get married couple weeks and comeback i think u need to stay little longer with ur spouse. as usual application was filled by a local chartered accountant. i had submitted only 10 photos, my parents 3 brother and 1 sister all were there in Bangladesh for wedding , i submitted all the boarding passes, copies of plane ticket of all my family members attending wedding. 1 month of telephone call logs and all the other doc required.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
thegreatone said:
well i am Canadian citizen of course. i went to Bangladesh on oct 4-2010 , married on oct 16-2010, came back to canada on feb 01-2011. i almost stayed 4 month after marriage. some people just get married couple weeks and comeback i think u need to stay little longer with ur spouse. as usual application was filled by a local chartered accountant. i had submitted only 10 photos, my parents 3 brother and 1 sister all were there in Bangladesh for wedding , i submitted all the boarding passes, copies of plane ticket of all my family members attending wedding. 1 month of telephone call logs and all the other doc required.
congratulations you have two strong point that makes your processing easier. Stay longer with your wife and show the proof that you full family were present and show proof keep in touch with your wife after marriage.
Arrange marriage they are always look for family support, attending.

Mine is almost same as you but i was only 2 and half month with my wife. I was forget to send plane ticket that my full family were present in my marriage, was a mistake but i send pictures of them with my wife. 2 months of call logs.

Recently i send some more pictures and 4 months of call logs. I wish same time line as like you.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
mirjahan said:
congratulations you have two strong point that makes your processing easier. Stay longer with your wife and show the proof that you full family were present and show proof keep in touch with your wife after marriage.
Arrange marriage they are always look for family support, attending.

Mine is almost same as you but i was only 2 and half month with my wife. I was forget to send plane ticket that my full family were present in my marriage, was a mistake but i send pictures of them with my wife. 2 months of call logs.

Recently i send some more pictures and 4 months of call logs. I wish same time line as like you.
Don't Sweat it, people with a faster timeline tend to have their two cents..........to Singapore it is all about luck, it is not how many pictures or how long you spent with your wife, it is all about the VO and whether he/she is on medical plant? :mad:

Oct0711

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 14, 2011
Med's Request
re-med's request Nov. 22, 2012
Interview........
waived; ecas "In Process" Oct. 12, 2012
thank you thegreatone for sharing your info with us, really appreciate it. My case is a little bit different, didn't have any of my family member attending the wedding. However, we've known each other for many years, and have been married for over two years now, with a child. Application submitted at the begining of Oct. We can only hope....

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011