+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
We did send extra documentation (proofs) because the ecas status was stuck at "application received".
We just had a letter addressing the singapore VO, with our application details and what are the additional documents we are attaching and why.

To our surprise, that additional document actually convinced them that our relationship is genuine, i guess. They actually started processing the file and we got the copr.

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Raaf said:
Hi trungngan,

where is your spouse from? Bangladesh?
Raaf: she's in Vietnam

Doan: they email my wife to request PP, and the stuff (picture, receipts,...) come in the regular mail after 3-4 days

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
suva said:
guys i am totally confused. today my ecas updated to 'in process' it says we started processing your application on nov 17. but on 3rd November they issued me a letter asking for a document and sent back all the proofs.
was ecas "in process" before Nov 3rd?

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
arunkumar_c said:
was ecas "in process" before Nov 3rd?
no, it was 'application received' that time.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Raaf said:
Hey Hello121,

My application went to Singapore office on March 31, 2011.
not "in Process" yet.

when your application went to SG office?
they recieved March 10th. Ecas still just says, 'application recieved.'

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
I was told by an immigration officer not to send any more evidence unless they ask as you don't want them to pull your file. Tho, it does seem that you guys who did send in more evidence have been or are being processed and I'm not... :-\

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
suva said:
no, it was 'application received' that time.
I bet that you were in process prior and they were just late to post it on ecas.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Hello121 said:
I bet that you were in process prior and they were just late to post it on ecas.
yeah u r right. by the way whats your situation? still waiting or got the interview call. whatever it is, good luck to u

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
Hello121 said:
I was told by an immigration officer not to send any more evidence unless they ask as you don't want them to pull your file. Tho, it does seem that you guys who did send in more evidence have been or are being processed and I'm not... :-\
What do you mean by pull your file? You mean them having a look at your file in order to put your new evidence with it? If so why wouldn't you want them to look at your file again? Wouldn't that mean they might actually do something with it while they look at it? That was part of the reason why we sent more evidence a few months back. Singapore received our application in June this year and we later sent additional evidence in August then they sent us the interview letter in October.

If you do have more evidence to send I would recommend you send it if you haven't heard anything back from them yet. Its not like sending more can hurt your application or anything so why not.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
I think the Singapore visa is very prejudice against relationships that are not over 2 years. I ordered 2 CAIP notes, one after 3 months and one after 6 months and no work has been done. I then noticed a few spousal sponsorship from Vietnam already have their PPR and their application was received after mine. I e-mailed them with the question of why applications received after mine have already been completed and mine still has not been looked at. That same day, November 7, 2011, they mailed my wife our phone logs, chat and some other proof of documents back to and say that we are on the interview list. This is very unprofessional and clearly unacceptable. Why should I have to wait 2 years for an interview due to their incompetence or not willing or unable to distinguish a genuine relationship?

I am currently in Vietnam with my wife, once I return I will order CAIP notes again to see why they have requested an interview.

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
Dragoon said:
I think the Singapore visa is very prejudice against relationships that are not over 2 years. I ordered 2 CAIP notes, one after 3 months and one after 6 months and no work has been done. I then noticed a few spousal sponsorship from Vietnam already have their PPR and their application was received after mine. I e-mailed them with the question of why applications received after mine have already been completed and mine still has not been looked at. That same day, November 7, 2011, they mailed my wife our phone logs, chat and some other proof of documents back to and say that we are on the interview list. This is very unprofessional and clearly unacceptable. Why should I have to wait 2 years for an interview due to their incompetence or not willing or unable to distinguish a genuine relationship?

I am currently in Vietnam with my wife, once I return I will order CAIP notes again to see why they have requested an interview.
I totally agree with you about the unprofessionalism of this visa office.

I seem to be in the same boat as you in terms of our situations for the most part. Me and my wife also received our interview letter around the same time as well as most of our proof back. I've heard from other people that receiving your proof back can be a good sign though. Hopefully this is the case.

I think they are definitely issuing more interviews purely because of marriages being less than two years old no matter how much evidence the applicants have. Quite unfortunate for the many genuine couples that have to go through that ridiculously unacceptable waiting time for an interview. I thought that this new "conditional PR" thing was suppost to make this whole process quicker and more efficient when it seems it has done just the opposite if they are planning to give everyone married less than two years an interview...

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hello121 said:
That's what I was wondering. But which immigration officer said that? And what does "pull your file" mean? And was that specific to your situation, or a general comment? I've seen different posts on these forums saying different things, so I want to be sure that it's a good idea before I send more documents. I might just call up the CIC call centre to see what they say, although they can't really tell what individual visa offices will do-- that's why I was wondering if anyone had any experience specific to the Singapore office.

FYI, I called my MP's office just now (called the CIC line too, but all the lines were busy), and asked his secretary about it. He suggested that it would most likely depend on how far along the VO had gone in processing our file. If they had already looked at it and made a decision, he said, then sending more evidence wouldn't be needed. Indeed, I'd expect that adding more evidence at that point would mean they'd either ignore it or put it back in the queue for re-processing. On the other hand, he said that if they hadn't started processing, it might be a good thing to send more up-to-date evidence. He mentioned it's a little early going, of course, and that probably nothing's happened to it so far. He'll call me back within two weeks. Apparently he (the secretary, that is) is following up on over 100 immigration files concurrently, and these make up the majority of his day-to-day work. Wow. Just goes to show what a mess the immigration system is in.

All that said, I'll probably start collecting the evidence I want to send now, and wait 'til he gets back before sending it. That way we won't have to wait too long after he replies if we get the green light.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
yeah, sry guys, I should have made that clear. It was only a local immigration officer that told me that. Nobody from the Singapore VO.

I didnt ask what was meant by 'pull your file' either, sry. I had a list of questions and was just trying to get through all of them and just took it as a quick 'no'.

A few months back(shortly after the above) I sent an e-mail to Singapore VO and told them that I do have alot more current evidence and if they need it, please ask and I will send it. No reply.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Anyone same time line as me getting any news or In Process on their PR application. Please share your info.
I had send an e-mail to them no reply no answer no progress. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
losing contraction,,, people apply after me getting answer and it makes me worry and frustration. And Singapore Vo do not want any info. :( :( :( :(

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wiggie said:
I totally agree with you about the unprofessionalism of this visa office.

I seem to be in the same boat as you in terms of our situations for the most part. Me and my wife also received our interview letter around the same time as well as most of our proof back. I've heard from other people that receiving your proof back can be a good sign though. Hopefully this is the case.

I think they are definitely issuing more interviews purely because of marriages being less than two years old no matter how much evidence the applicants have. Quite unfortunate for the many genuine couples that have to go through that ridiculously unacceptable waiting time for an interview. I thought that this new "conditional PR" thing was suppost to make this whole process quicker and more efficient when it seems it has done just the opposite if they are planning to give everyone married less than two years an interview...
conditional PR is NOT in effect nor were there any promise to make anything more efficient and it will not increase processing it is to weed out the fraud marriages