Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
I am confuse what it will help us. I do not understand what it will change.
this is for applicants from visa exempt countries. not for us. waiting for any expert's reply.

doan123

Sep 12, 2011
I was so happy when the status got changed to In Process and its "detailed" message said

We started processing xxxx's application on October 19, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

but that was 4 weeks ago and we still have not received anything from them yet. It's getting very frustrated and depressing ... :-(

Has anyone in here experienced something similar? Please share

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
doan123 said:
I was so happy when the status got changed to In Process and its "detailed" message said

We started processing xxxx's application on October 19, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

but that was 4 weeks ago and we still have not received anything from them yet. It's getting very frustrated and depressing ... :-(

Has anyone in here experienced something similar? Please share
Join the club Doan Singapore is very slow with everything. They receive about 9000 applications a year. You will most likely receive a request shortly. Has the interview been waived? Maybe you will be advised about interview or they will ask you for passport it all depends on your situation.

doan123

Sep 12, 2011
Canadianfirst said:
Join the club Doan Singapore is very slow with everything. They receive about 9000 applications a year. You will most likely receive a request shortly. Has the interview been waived? Maybe you will be advised about interview or they will ask you for passport it all depends on your situation.
I think most people in this forum when getting this message, usually receive a letter requesting for the passport within 1 or 2 weeks (right people? Or am i hallucinating???). And so far nothing from them yet which makes me worried. Besides, that's all the information that they communicated to me. And I don't even know if the interview is being waived or not. How can i tell?

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Has anyone heard about Spousal Conditional Visa for marriages less the 2 years. Everyone who has not been married for two years or has lived with their spouse is on interview queue. Believe me the interview queue is a long wait 20 months +

There was some discussion about it on this thread. I read the government publication. It was supposed to speed up processing by giving a conditional visa to spouses with less than two years marriage. 20 month wait for the interview is completely ridiculous and crazy.

CIC will start applying the new rules after January. I think this is why many spouses are going to interview. it seem to me that about 80% are going to interview and 100% of marriage with less than 2 years. Any expert out their that has a better idea of what is going on with Conditional spousal visa?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Canadianfirst said:
Has anyone heard about Spousal Conditional Visa for marriages less the 2 years. Everyone who has not been married for two years or has lived with their spouse is on interview queue. Believe me the interview queue is a long wait 20 months +

There was some discussion about it on this thread. I read the government publication. It was supposed to speed up processing by giving a conditional visa to spouses with less than two years marriage. 20 month wait for the interview is completely ridiculous and crazy.

CIC will start applying the new rules after January. I think this is why many spouses are going to interview. it seem to me that about 80% are going to interview and 100% of marriage with less than 2 years. Any expert out their that has a better idea of what is going on with Conditional spousal visa?
The new rule will apply to who?
Application receive after Jan 2012?
Who is married less than two year?

I do not care about 2-3 years of conditional spouse visa, just do not want interview and less processing time.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
What i found out about supporting document for family class.
Examples of supporting documents:
• Family memberships, medical plans, documentation from institutions that provides
recognition as a couple;
• Marriage certificate (not just a solemnization record), wedding invitations, commitment
ceremony (certificate, invitations), domestic partnership certificate;
• joint ownership of possessions, joint utility bills, lease/rental agreement, joint mortgage/loan,
property title, joint bank statements; money transfers.
• documents showing travel together, long distance phone bills; other proof of continuous
communication (emails, internet chat site printouts, letters).
• insurance policies (documents naming the partner as a beneficiary), wills, powers of
attorney;
• significant photographs;
• statements of support from families, bank manager, employers, financial professionals,
religious leaders, community leaders, professors, teachers or medical professionals.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
OK so I managed to track down the letter sent 3 months ago by asking around at neighbors' houses, and I'm a little confused about the 'no objection statement'.

It says:

I,___________________of_____________________hereby state that I have no objection to the emigration of my wife/husband/child__________________________________of________________________

So those blanks should be, in order:

-Father's name (in English I assume? He's Thai and his name would properly be spelled in the Thai alphabet but usually they want English)

-Father's country (Thailand in this case)

-Child's name

-Child's country (Thailand again)

Is that all correct?

Then there are lines for "Witness" and "Interpreter". Can these be just anyone? Does the witness need to be a notary public or similar officer? Does the interpreter need to be a professional of some sort?

Many similar documents need to be signed in the presence of a notary public or other person authorized to administer oaths. Does that apply here?

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoa, some of you who submitted your application later than mine have been getting your PRs? I'm totally jealous. :(

This is such a frustrating process.

My ECAS is still "Application Received" and it's been like that since May 27, 2011.

:(

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
Once you see medical result has been received, you should expect a passport request within a few weeks via email or mail.

doan123

Sep 12, 2011
j5huynh said:
Once you see medical result has been received, you should expect a passport request within a few weeks via email or mail.
it said so in mine ("medical result has been received") and has been 4 weeks already without seeing any letter. Definitely not a good thing :-(

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
doan123 said:
it said so in mine ("medical result has been received") and has been 4 weeks already without seeing any letter. Definitely not a good thing :-(
If i see that medical result has been receive i will be happy. entire my application i never see that message :(

doan123

Sep 12, 2011
mirjahan said:
If i see that medical result has been receive i will be happy. entire my application i never see that message :(
when i first saw that message i was very happy but it was 4 weeks ago. Now i am worried :-(

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
my wife submitted her passport and documents on Nov 9th. She got a call from the embassy today to pickup her passport. Hope they issued the COPR.