+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

davidoff85

Nov 2, 2011
j5huynh said:
congratulation sovo, really happy to hear she is over in canada. I will be flying back to pick up my wife next week. she is still waiting for her visa to be mail back.
Congrats to you and Sovo...hope you guys have a happy life together over in Canada...I am sitll waiting for the interview...hope it comming soon.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
skam said:
hi everyone, yes i applied june 2011, i guess they processed our file soon because i thought they would take long time, couldn't take it anymore so i aplied for her visit visa in the mean time. she got approved for visit visa for 1 year sometime october 3rd 2011, she was suppose to fly to Canada on 20th, had her luggage packed and on Oct 12th she received the letter from Singapore stating they are ready to issue her PR visa. so i had to hold her flight ticket and send the passport away to Singapore. once again back to waiting game. cant wait to get her passport back with PR visa included.

it could be that when i applied for visit visa they ended up opening her file again for review, and since i included lot of proof of our relationship and family info in order to be approved for visit visa it was a confirmation for them that our relation is genuine. i guess they thought its better she come here with PR visa then coming with visit visa. i donoo how how they work.
What are the docs you submitted for her tourist visa, I am thinking of have my wife here as a tourist for hwoever long I can. Please let me know.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
DN_Mont said:
Hi all,

I'm new here. A bit surprised that the Singapore VO takes so long to start processing the PR application for most the cases here.

My case:
- Sponsorship application approved: Sep 13, 2011.
- Singapore received: Sep 28, 2011.
- PR in process since: Oct 17, 2011.
I'm still waiting for the CSQ for my wife (in 2-3 weeks time). CSQ would be the last piece of required documents (medical received, police clearance included).

I have a question: typically, after Singapore VO started processing the PR application, how long do we expect to have a decision? I really hope that once my wife's CSQ is approved and forwarded, the Singapore VO will complete my wife PR application so. Perhaps I'm dreaming :(
How it is possible Singapore VO start process less than 20 days ????? As i know unless Singapore VO receive CSQ they never start process. How they do for you. It is strange.
Happy for you.
I am upset about mine.

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
www . winnipegfreepress . com/canada/ottawa-to-keep-lid-on-immigration-levels-in-2012-133137623.html
(remove the spaces...it says I'm not allowed to post links ???)
Just a recent article I found talking about the levels of immigration.
The third paragraph is what doesn't make sense.

"But there will be fewer spouses and dependent children and fewer live-in caregivers, Kenney added -- not because Ottawa doesn't want them, but because they are not coming in numbers as large as in the past."

If this were true, then why are the processing times for us keep getting longer and longer?
As previously noted, many of the visa offices have increased their processing times by another month. (Singapore from 21 to 22 just a few days ago) ::)

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
My MP told me that my wife wife was approved on November 1st and that a letter would be sent out soon. I emailed Singapore right away asking if we could go submit the passport in person right away without waiting for the letter. They answered within a day later with an attachment that is the equivalent of the letter in the mail. We can fly to Singapore any time to submit the passport! I'm so excited and sad at the same time but can't describe the situation very well.

I think everyone will be ok!

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
My MP told me that my wife wife was approved on November 1st and that a letter would be sent out soon. I emailed Singapore right away asking if we could go submit the passport in person right away without waiting for the letter. They answered within a day later with an attachment that is the equivalent of the letter in the mail. We can fly to Singapore any time to submit the passport! I'm so excited and sad at the same time but can't describe the situation very well.

Congrats my friend :)

I am very very happy for you.

DN_Mont

Nov 3, 2011
lenardparnold said:

Congratulations to your family. Has your case been "in process" since June 1st, 2011? and now your wife got the decision?

What is "my MP"? Is MP the member of parliament in your riding? One of my friends advised me to contact my riding's MP for help, in case my sponsorship gets slowed down by the Canada VO. I'm not sure this would be a good move or not.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Still no word for hello-kitty? I remember the MP said you might be finished in January of next year?

To DN_Mont:

Yes, our case has been in process according to e-cas since June 1st 2011. It was received by singapore in december of 2010.

I don't think the member of parliament (MP) can make things quicker, but they can often get better information about your case status. Who knows? Maybe the MP phone calls do give them a little kick in a butt but I don't know.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenardparnold said:
Still no word for hello-kitty? I remember the MP said you might be finished in January of next year?
Hi Lenardarnold,

I did a mistake on my application and they sent it to me , I fixed it and sent it back on August 3oth.
Also, I was asked for a police certificate from RCMP coz I have been living in Canada more than 6 moths before I've submitted my application, I also sent the police certificate on Augst 3oth to Singapore.

Last month we phone the MP's office , she said if I don't hear anything from Singapore by the end of November I need to phone her again becoz she can ask them the approximately date that they will issue my PR.

She said my medical will expire in Dec, If they have hearts, they will give me my PR before my medical expire.

Please please , wish me luck!!!

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
hello-kitty said:
Hi Lenardarnold,

I did a mistake on my application and they sent it to me , I fixed it and sent it back on August 3oth.
Also, I was asked for a police certificate from RCMP coz I have been living in Canada more than 6 moths before I've submitted my application, I also sent the police certificate on Augst 3oth to Singapore.

Last month we phone the MP's office , she said if I don't hear anything from Singapore by the end of November I need to phone her again becoz she can ask them the approximately date that they will issue my PR.

She said my medical will expire in Dec, If they have hearts, they will give me my PR before my medical expire.+1 for you...

Please please , wish me luck!!!

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
OMG :eek: I did not realize that I have to submit RCMP clearance as well !!! I have been living in Canada for 18 months and still am. I thought we it was not needed.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
hello-kitty said:
Hi Lenardarnold,

Are you th sponsor or the principal applicant? I am little bit confused about RCMP. I am the sponsor and living in Canada. Should I send RCPM with my application? Please advis me
Thanks

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
Are you th sponsor or the principal applicant? I am little bit confused about RCMP. I am the sponsor and living in Canada. Should I send RCPM with my application? Please advis me
Thanks
I am the applicant

skam

Aug 11, 2011
Cheers said:
What are the docs you submitted for her tourist visa, I am thinking of have my wife here as a tourist for hwoever long I can. Please let me know.
had to add lot of stuff for my wife's visitor visa.

ofcourse Application form.
very convincing invitation letter from me & certified by an officer,
invitation letter from my dad,
letter from my wife who is coming stating why she wants to come & whats the proof shes going back,
letter from the MP,
income verification of my whole family,
job letter from the employer by my whole family,
letter from the employer stating u can't take ny more dayoff to visit ur wife. for me it was either she comes or i quit my job to go see her.
tax bill for our 2 house,
30+ thousand can dollar in my account,
10+ thousand can dollar in her account
proff of citizenship,
copy of marriage certificate.
Travel insurance with policy number for visitors to cover if he/she gets sick
and much more.

i think most important thing is the invitation letter from you and your spouse. it has to be convincing enough for the officer.

skam

Aug 11, 2011
skam said:
whats going on everyone, quick question, my wife's application for spouse got processed in Singapore, She submitted her passport to Bangladesh embassy on Oct 18th, how long does it usually take for Singapore to print visa and send the passport back to Bangladesh embassy.

app received in Mississauga June 10th
Mississauga started processing Aug 20
Singapore received app Aug 27
started processing Oct 5th
received letter requesting passport Oct 12
dropped passport to Bangladesh embassy Oct 18
Still waiting for Passport with Visa stamped.
hey guys, another question, my wife dropped her passport in Bangladesh embassy to send it away to Singapore for visa, now when they send it back to Bangladesh embassy, how are they going to let us know when its ready for pick up? are the going to call or send letter?? every single time my wife calls BD embassy for info they always direct her to automated machine which only ask to visit cic website, & of course the website is never updated.