Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
CA_SG11 said:
Not really. Every case I think is treated equal. But then again, every case is unique to each other. I am impressed with how SG processed mine and I want to see every family in this thread unite the soonest as well. IMHO no matter how complicated the case is, the presentation of evidences plays a part. We shoudn't put all the blame to the VO. We are the one who submitted the evidences, they are just playing like a Judge in a court room. They are judging us base on the merits of our cases. Anticipate the flow of the process. I did a lot of research from threads to threads.

I will try to help those who will seek based on my experience and opinions since now, I'm just sitting in my office. I tender my resignation even before the my PPR. I need to give my company two months notice. Lucky I did that. now 14 more days and I'm done here. Again, I did not do my resignation without any basis. I gather the process times of other people and created a trend with it. It's a risk I'm willing to take. If I didn't get my visa this soon then Im left out with no job. ;D
can you tell me which date they started process your application? and how look it takes to complet process.
is it ok if i send daily caling lig written my wife name and me and some more picture.i do not know what to send more.

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
mirjahan said:
can you tell me which date they started process your application? and how look it takes to complet process.

- I can't tell you when they will start the process - CAIPS does. So if you plan to know the status of where's your application at request for CAIPS. Other than that look for the MP in your area and ask them to help you inquire for the status. There's no point of sending tons of emails to SG. Inquire only when necessary, like when you send some docs and you want to confirm if they receive it or not. If you frequently send emails asking for the status of your application, you will only receive copy and paste replies, plus you waste their time to read and reply which should have been used to process your application and others as well.

is it ok if i send daily caling lig written my wife name and me and some more picture.i do not know what to send more.
-If you already send that in the beginning of you apps don't send it anymore. It will just add up on a pile of papers sitting there. Send something worth reading. Like statutory declaration from your parents and the like.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
CA_SG11 said:
Pay it before they even ask. Processing of this payments ussually take 3-4 weeks to process. It can shorten the waiting game a little. I paid mine without SG requesting for it.

Hi CA_SG11,
I applied for my wife March,2011. I received AOR and then file was transferred to singapore. I want to send some additional documents such as Pictures, landing fees and others. But my question is , i didn't receive the file number yet from singapore as they didn't start processing my file yet , then how i will send all those important documents? Though i have kit id and my client id ,written in AOR.
Please advise.

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
stupidrim said:
Hi CA_SG11,
I applied for my wife March,2011. I received AOR and then file was transferred to singapore. I want to send some additional documents such as Pictures, landing fees and others. But my question is , i didn't receive the file number yet from singapore as they didn't start processing my file yet , then how i will send all those important documents? Though i have kit id and my client id ,written in AOR.
Please advise.
If I am not mistaken what you received is sponsorship approval not AOR. I didn't receive any AOR or any communication from SG. I got my file number through MP. My wife contact their local MP to request for my file number. Or you can request for CAIPS. I requested my CAIPS after 3 months of application and it already has a file number. Hope that helps

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
To get file no just send an e-mail to Singapore Visa office they will provide file no.
I send a mail to know if they receive Quebec Selection Certificate and they reply with File No.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
CA_SG11 said:
If I am not mistaken what you received is sponsorship approval not AOR. I didn't receive any AOR or any communication from SG. I got my file number through MP. My wife contact their local MP to request for my file number. Or you can request for CAIPS. I requested my CAIPS after 3 months of application and it already has a file number. Hope that helps

Thanks a lot CA_SG11. One last question, how long it takes for local MP to provide us the file number?

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
stupidrim said:
Thanks a lot CA_SG11. One last question, how long it takes for local MP to provide us the file number?
Depends on how long sg reply to them. In my experience they always reply.

Sunshineee

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 May 2011
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
13 May 2011
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
22 Feb 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21 July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
08 Aug 2011
LANDED..........
October 2011
Hi All!! :)
just wanna let you know that I just arrived in Canada 3days ago....
the landing process was very nice, fast, smooth...and the officer said Welcome to Canada :D
Success and speedy on all your application ;D

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
They started processing my wifes app on sept 8th.
My wife just told me that she received a call, asking her to redo her medicals (the one she already took will expire end of November 2011) and get her police certificates. I don't know what this means. Does it mean that things are getting closer to the finish line?

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
arunkumar_c said:
They started processing my wifes app on sept 8th.
My wife just told me that she received a call, asking her to redo her medicals (the one she already took will expire end of November 2011) and get her police certificates. I don't know what this means. Does it mean that things are getting closer to the finish line?
If there are no issues, you're close. Estimate 1 to 2 more months.

theedge

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
File Transfer...
?
Med's Done....
29-08-2011
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
Just wanted to say that I sent my application yesterday!
I'm a Quebec resident but hopefully my stuff will get to Singapore before the new year

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
arunkumar.

My wife got her second medical request in late July. We did the 2nd medical the doctor apparently submitted it in the first week of August. So it's been exactly 2 months since we sumbitted the 2nd medical. Our MP said that our files were to be transfered to make a desision in late September. Well see what happens with us. I hope it's soon. I don't want to have to leave my wife alone in Thailand again to go back to Canada to work. During this whole process and since we met almost 3 years ago, we've only been apart for 10 weeks when I returned to work once because we ran out of money. (June/July of this year). Just this 10 week period was not easy. I can't imagine others that do it for a year.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
lenardparnold said:
arunkumar.

My wife got her second medical request in late July. We did the 2nd medical the doctor apparently submitted it in the first week of August. So it's been exactly 2 months since we sumbitted the 2nd medical. Our MP said that our files were to be transfered to make a desision in late September. Well see what happens with us. I hope it's soon. I don't want to have to leave my wife alone in Thailand again to go back to Canada to work. During this whole process and since we met almost 3 years ago, we've only been apart for 10 weeks when I returned to work once because we ran out of money. (June/July of this year). Just this 10 week period was not easy. I can't imagine others that do it for a year.
Don't worry . One of my friend wife did second medical on Sep 11,2011 and get letter august 2,2011 passport request. Wait a bit more .

jd_2g

Oct 4, 2011
Sunshineee said:
Hi All!! :)
just wanna let you know that I just arrived in Canada 3days ago....
the landing process was very nice, fast, smooth...and the officer said Welcome to Canada :D
Success and speedy on all your application ;D
Hi, I was going through your timeline and was just wondering when you got your police certificate done? I was led to believe they had to request it before you could get it done so did they request it first or did you get it without a request?

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
"One of my friend wife did second medical on Sep 11,2011 and get letter august 2,2011 passport request. Wait a bit more ."

You must have made a typing mistake. She couldn't have got the passport request before she did the medical. I hope you dont mean that she did the 2nd medical in sept of 2010 and didnt get the passport request until august 2011.