+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

mjmp

Sep 11, 2017
After they transferred our file to Singapore, we didn't receive the medical request for 6 months. There is nothing to be concerned with, only having waited 1 month. Singapore seems to wait 4 - 6 months before requesting medical/police certificate for those that applied first few months of 2017.

Please add your information here! And you can also look at the timing of other Singapore applications and compare it to your timeline to help you see the trends.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=1702792406
Thank you for your reply, maybe because some of cases i found, they received it in a matter of days/weeks only. My other concern is because I changed my work , and my employment pass is still pending, i dont know if this will affect the application or are they going to Hold my application?

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Dear All Senior,

I am going to apply for Spousal visa. I am principal applicant and my wife is sponsoring me. In (New form of 2017) Supplementary Travel History Form IMM 5562 their is a question.

List all trip you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or residence in the last years(or since your 18th birthday if this was lees then 10 year ago.)

a) You- (Means Principals applicant travel history)

b) Your spouse or common law partner (Means sponsor Travel history)

As per question b) we have to provide them travel history of sponsor also???

Please advise especially those who filled their application forms in 2017.

Vietapp

Sep 10, 2017
After they transferred our file to Singapore, we didn't receive the medical request for 6 months. There is nothing to be concerned with, only having waited 1 month. Singapore seems to wait 4 - 6 months before requesting medical/police certificate for those that applied first few months of 2017.

Please add your information here! And you can also look at the timing of other Singapore applications and compare it to your timeline to help you see the trends.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=1702792406
Do you have files of 2016 apps?

P3iY

Sep 4, 2017
This is pretty odd, sorry to hear about your situation. My spouse and I applied in April 2017 and we will collect our passports today as a decision has been made :) I think you should contact the visa officer at the embassy.
Congratulations, finally you received your passport. I am still waiting for my turn. How long it take for your case? 40 days?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
List all trip you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or residence in the last years(or since your 18th birthday if this was lees then 10 year ago.)
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

No, the sponsor doesn't need to provide travel history.

This is a generalized form used in several application packages and where it refers to spouses or common law partners it means include them if they are part of the application for PR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aries69

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

This is a generalized form used in several application packages and where it refers to spouses or common law partners it means include them if they are part of the application for PR.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. so we need to write "Not Applicable " or leave this blank.

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
Hi,

This is a generalized form used in several application packages and where it refers to spouses or common law partners it means include them if they are part of the application for PR.
Thanks for your reply. so we need to write "Not Applicable " or leave this blank.[/QUOTE]
I would suggest to put ''not applicable'' If you leave it blank, they may think that you forget to fill it lol.

Reactions: Aries69
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Thank you for your reply, maybe because some of cases i found, they received it in a matter of days/weeks only. My other concern is because I changed my work , and my employment pass is still pending, i dont know if this will affect the application or are they going to Hold my application?
I have so great news for you. I just got my GCMS notes. Apparently, my husbands eligibility and criminality both passed on July 24th, as well as interview waived, the same day that the medical was requested (5 months and 12 days after application was received). So, it seems to be the NEW trend that, since Singapore waits to request your medical until everything is approved, then, as long as your medical has no issues, you should have your passport requested soon after. There has been several 5 month processing times from received to passport request (and my husband would have fallen into that if he didn't need further medical tests!). Unfortunately, my husband has further testing for medical, so we know that he can't get his passport requested until after he has his 3-month follow up chest X-ray on November 8th. But there is a reason for why Singapore waits a while to request the medical, unlike most other VOs that have the medical requested much sooner in the process. So, expect to wait 5 to 7 months for your medical to be requested, but once it is requested, know that you are likely very close to the end of the process. On the other hand, if you don't get your medical requested in that timeframe, then it might be more likely that an interview might be requested in the future...

I don't think your employment situation should cause any issues since there isn't officially any minimum requirements or anything to sponsor your spouse. They do need to know how you plan to support your spouse, and it might cause a slightly more thorough look at your application, but you shouldn't need to worry too much.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. so we need to write "Not Applicable " or leave this blank.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

You do not need to write N/A on the form.

daviddaviddavid

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I have so great news for you. I just got my GCMS notes. Apparently, my husbands eligibility and criminality both passed on July 24th, as well as interview waived, the same day that the medical was requested (5 months and 12 days after application was received). So, it seems to be the NEW trend that, since Singapore waits to request your medical until everything is approved, then, as long as your medical has no issues, you should have your passport requested soon after. There has been several 5 month processing times from received to passport request (and my husband would have fallen into that if he didn't need further medical tests!). Unfortunately, my husband has further testing for medical, so we know that he can't get his passport requested until after he has his 3-month follow up chest X-ray on November 8th. But there is a reason for why Singapore waits a while to request the medical, unlike most other VOs that have the medical requested much sooner in the process. So, expect to wait 5 to 7 months for your medical to be requested, but once it is requested, know that you are likely very close to the end of the process. On the other hand, if you don't get your medical requested in that timeframe, then it might be more likely that an interview might be requested in the future...

I don't think your employment situation should cause any issues since there isn't officially any minimum requirements or anything to sponsor your spouse. They do need to know how you plan to support your spouse, and it might cause a slightly more thorough look at your application, but you shouldn't need to worry too much.
Thanks for this info! We've gotten our medical request 11th September - so would it likely mean that the other aspects have been approved (PCC uploaded with Schedule A), BGC? We did not order GCMS notes though. :)

AOR2 27th June
Medical Request 11th Sept

About 2.5 months. The Medical result has already been submitted on eMedical. Is the DM and PPR near? WOOHOO!

mahirasef

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Toronto,ON
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Med's Request
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
March 04,2018
Passport Req..
March 22,2018
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Just wondering if you get an interview call, do they still ask for medical or they ask medical after interview? Reason I am asking because my wife got a call for an interview in July & today she got a call to do her medical. Any suggestion would be appreciated

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Thanks for this info! We've gotten our medical request 11th September - so would it likely mean that the other aspects have been approved (PCC uploaded with Schedule A), BGC? We did not order GCMS notes though. :)

AOR2 27th June
Medical Request 11th Sept

About 2.5 months. The Medical result has already been submitted on eMedical. Is the DM and PPR near? WOOHOO!
In general, it seems the trend is that when the eMedical is requested, the rest of file is normally ready to be approved once the medical passes. This is just a theory, as it has been the case for the past three Thailand-specific applications (so it could just be a coincident, or it could just be for Thailand...). So I can't confirm if this theory holds for other countries as well, and they are constantly changing the process, so who knows?!! Maybe my husband's 3 month delay from inactive TB further testing, has caused them to realize that they should request the medical sooner, BEFORE everything is approved, so not to cause extra delays? Who knows?! But it is definitely a good sign that things are moving forward on your file and that you will hopefully get PPR in the next month or so if the medical goes well...

But to re-interate myself again, this is just a working theory based off of a few (Thailand) applications that recently received medical requests and were approved soon after. But with the process constantly changing and in flux, the one thing you know for certain is that nothing in the process is certain!!

Good luck! Hopefully you have good news soon and I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high if my theory no longer works...

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Just wondering if you get an interview call, do they still ask for medical or they ask medical after interview? Reason I am asking because my wife got a call for an interview in July & today she got a call to do her medical. Any suggestion would be appreciated
Go ahead and get the medical done as requested. Since it will cause issues if you don't complete the steps as they request them. Typically they wait to request medical until after the interview, but I guess they are breaking the mold for your case. This is probably a good sign, though, since maybe they expect that the interview will be done before the medical expires in a year? So maybe the wait won't be too too long? The one certain thing is that nothing is really predictable, and they don't always follow the same process for everyone. You just need to go with the flow.

mahirasef

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Toronto,ON
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Med's Request
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
March 04,2018
Passport Req..
March 22,2018
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Go ahead and get the medical done as requested. Since it will cause issues if you don't complete the steps as they request them. Typically they wait to request medical until after the interview, but I guess they are breaking the mold for your case. This is probably a good sign, though, since maybe they expect that the interview will be done before the medical expires in a year? So maybe the wait won't be too too long? The one certain thing is that nothing is really predictable, and they don't always follow the same process for everyone. You just need to go with the flow.
Yap will do medical, thanks a lot. Hopefully she will get interview call ASAP

daviddaviddavid

Star Member
May 10, 2017
In general, it seems the trend is that when the eMedical is requested, the rest of file is normally ready to be approved once the medical passes. This is just a theory, as it has been the case for the past three Thailand-specific applications (so it could just be a coincident, or it could just be for Thailand...). So I can't confirm if this theory holds for other countries as well, and they are constantly changing the process, so who knows?!! Maybe my husband's 3 month delay from inactive TB further testing, has caused them to realize that they should request the medical sooner, BEFORE everything is approved, so not to cause extra delays? Who knows?! But it is definitely a good sign that things are moving forward on your file and that you will hopefully get PPR in the next month or so if the medical goes well...

But to re-interate myself again, this is just a working theory based off of a few (Thailand) applications that recently received medical requests and were approved soon after. But with the process constantly changing and in flux, the one thing you know for certain is that nothing in the process is certain!!

Good luck! Hopefully you have good news soon and I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high if my theory no longer works...
No worries.. Theories are theories.. But thanks for sharing. Medical passed, so DM soon! Woot Woot!