+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

PersistentOne

Jun 3, 2017
from what I've read on the facebook group seems average wait time is 4 weeks and quickest was 2 weeks. They told my wife it will be 45 days and they'll call her to pick it up. I told her we can track her passport online and when it comes in we'll go pick it up.
Thanks. My wife is pregnant and they know this. Hopefully they will do it quicker for us.

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Usually a few months. I had a request for an interview and it took About 5 months. You will not know until they send you a letter.
hi THANKS .. CAN U ALSO SHARE UR WIFE INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE .. WHY DID THEY REFUSE .. WAS THERE ANY RED FLAGS .. I HOPE U WON'T MIND .. I JUST WANT TO PREPARE WITH ALL INFO ..

PersistentOne

Jun 3, 2017
hi THANKS .. CAN U ALSO SHARE UR WIFE INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE .. WHY DID THEY REFUSE .. WAS THERE ANY RED FLAGS .. I HOPE U WON'T MIND .. I JUST WANT TO PREPARE WITH ALL INFO ..
It was a red flag because it was my second marriage and second sponsorship. My first marriage was going through much trouble and my wife and I fell in love shortly after the end of my first marriage. Because of this, VO thought it was not genuine and that we had the child on purpose to get her to come to Canada. We were young and just fell in love as this was almost 10 years ago.

I can not believe someone who would have a baby to get their permanent residence in Camada but that is my opinion as it would be too cruel for the child.

We also failed for not being able to support ourselves because my taxes were low and they said that we will not be able to support ourselves without assistance.

They also said that my wife and my relationship is not genuine because my wife did not know if British Columbia is the province of Vancouver.

After they failed the interview, they gave us 3 months to prepare supporting documents to change their minds. We had a store in Vietnam, I had a steady job and was still denied.

We went to appeal this decision with the help of our lawyer. We sent in our evidence to the court and a week before we had court, the immigration officer called my lawyer and said that there is no point of taking this trial as she clearly sees this is a genuine marriage and that we are motivated business owners and a lazy couple going on social assistance. Also, we have a daughter who is now almost 6. I have been wanting to be with my wife for almost 10 years. It has been a downhill struggle and now my wife is expecting our second child.

End 2013 was when we started our application. So it took us almost 3 and a half years. But our case was different. I am sure yours will be much quicker. My advice is to never lie to them about your application then you will eventually be approved even if it means you have to appeal. But once you lie and they catch you, you will lose your chance forever.

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
It was a red flag because it was my second marriage and second sponsorship. My first marriage was going through much trouble and my wife and I fell in love shortly after the end of my first marriage. Because of this, VO thought it was not genuine and that we had the child on purpose to get her to come to Canada. We were young and just fell in love as this was almost 10 years ago.

I can not believe someone who would have a baby to get their permanent residence in Camada but that is my opinion as it would be too cruel for the child.

We also failed for not being able to support ourselves because my taxes were low and they said that we will not be able to support ourselves without assistance.

They also said that my wife and my relationship is not genuine because my wife did not know if British Columbia is the province of Vancouver.

After they failed the interview, they gave us 3 months to prepare supporting documents to change their minds. We had a store in Vietnam, I had a steady job and was still denied.

We went to appeal this decision with the help of our lawyer. We sent in our evidence to the court and a week before we had court, the immigration officer called my lawyer and said that there is no point of taking this trial as she clearly sees this is a genuine marriage and that we are motivated business owners and a lazy couple going on social assistance. Also, we have a daughter who is now almost 6. I have been wanting to be with my wife for almost 10 years. It has been a downhill struggle and now my wife is expecting our second child.

End 2013 was when we started our application. So it took us almost 3 and a half years. But our case was different. I am sure yours will be much quicker. My advice is to never lie to them about your application then you will eventually be approved even if it means you have to appeal. But once you lie and they catch you, you will lose your chance forever.

Thanks a lot .. ya we will never lie ..but only thing um concern about is as we both r also young so they might think that way ..also none of our parents accept love marriages so we got married without them but we did not mention that in our application about our parents disagree .. but as they called for the interview i will tell them but will it be an issue as we did nt mention it on our application .. ?

PersistentOne

Jun 3, 2017
It is a redflag as your wedding photos would prove that your parents were not there. They will question this as it is not the norm for parents to be absent of their son or daughter's wedding. It is not an issue that you did not mention that your parents are against your wedding. However, it will be a problem if they ask and you lie about it.

What I would do is be very honest. Explain the situation to them clearly. If you have text messages or emails of an argument of the disagreement with your parents then print those out. Anything to support your claim. Look for articles on the internet that says that it is normal for parents to disagree to your Marriage of love because it is part of your culture and print those out as well.

Have your brothers and sisters and relatives write letters to the VIsa officer so that you can bring to the interview. As I say, it is never too much evidence. What we have to do is to make the decision of the Visa offer easier.

Have you sent your wedding photos to them as part of your proof? Who did you say came to your wedding on your application?

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
Thanks. My wife is pregnant and they know this. Hopefully they will do it quicker for us.
If your wife is pregnant they probably put urgent on the passport.

Reactions: PersistentOne

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
It is a redflag as your wedding photos would prove that your parents were not there. They will question this as it is not the norm for parents to be absent of their son or daughter's wedding. It is not an issue that you did not mention that your parents are against your wedding. However, it will be a problem if they ask and you lie about it.

What I would do is be very honest. Explain the situation to them clearly. If you have text messages or emails of an argument of the disagreement with your parents then print those out. Anything to support your claim. Look for articles on the internet that says that it is normal for parents to disagree to your Marriage of love because it is part of your culture and print those out as well.

Have your brothers and sisters and relatives write letters to the VIsa officer so that you can bring to the interview. As I say, it is never too much evidence. What we have to do is to make the decision of the Visa offer easier.

Have you sent your wedding photos to them as part of your proof? Who did you say came to your wedding on your application?
yes we did send the wedding photograph and also in the application we mentioned none of the parents were present .. it was only our friends who attended the marriage ..and ya we will explain everything that exactly happened in reall .. also my parents has accepted us now so um gonna get the letters from them but as his parents still dont accept us so we will tell that as well ..good thing u remind me to show the proof of their disagreement .. we dont have much of that because everything happened in person and over the phone ..but i have some text messages from his sisters which clearly shows about the disaggreement nd i can proove it .... thanks a lot .. also those text are in our language should i give them a translated copy of those text .. ?

Last edited:

PersistentOne

Jun 3, 2017
yes we did send the wedding photograph and also in the application we mentioned none of the parents were present .. it was only our friends who attended the marriage ..and ya we will explain everything that exactly happened in reall .. also my parents has accepted us now so um gonna get the letters from them but as his parents still dont accept us so we will tell that as well ..good thing u remind me to show the proof of their disagreement .. we dont have much of that because everything happened in person and over the phone ..but i have some text messages from his sisters which clearly shows about the disaggreement nd i can proove it .... thanks a lot .. also those text are in our language should i give them a translated copy of those text .. ?
Yes have them translated by an official translator and then have it stamped. Bring both copies. Those text messages will be crucial especially if they are from before the refusal. Usually evidence before the application is the strongest and gets weakest asfter the refusal because they can say that you staged it all.

And if you are pregnant or something make sure you tell them as well. They will ask you obvious questions such as where will you stay once you arrive or questions like where did you and your husband first got intimate. These questions can be found on the website. Just search spouse questionaires and you will find many examples.

https://www.usavisanow.com/marriage-green-card/marriage-green-card-faq/marriage-green-card-interview/

Here is an example of some questions they will ask you. It is good to study them as sometimes we tend to forget if it has been a long time ago. Remember, if you do not remember the events that it is ok to tell them you forgot. It is better than answering it when you do not remember.

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Yes have them translated by an official translator and then have it stamped. Bring both copies. Those text messages will be crucial especially if they are from before the refusal. Usually evidence before the application is the strongest and gets weakest asfter the refusal because they can say that you staged it all.

And if you are pregnant or something make sure you tell them as well. They will ask you obvious questions such as where will you stay once you arrive or questions like where did you and your husband first got intimate. These questions can be found on the website. Just search spouse questionaires and you will find many examples.

https://www.usavisanow.com/marriage-green-card/marriage-green-card-faq/marriage-green-card-interview/

Here is an example of some questions they will ask you. It is good to study them as sometimes we tend to forget if it has been a long time ago. Remember, if you do not remember the events that it is ok to tell them you forgot. It is better than answering it when you do not remember.

Thanks a lot .. u dont know how much u have helped me now i know which docs will give strong proof .. thanks ..thanks again ...u are a really good person ... May god bless you ..

Last edited:

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017

TKGSTK

Jun 5, 2017
Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Doc's Request.
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-03-2017
Med's Request
06/07/2017
Med's Done....
10/07/2017
Passport Req..
14/08/2017
VISA ISSUED...
28/08/2017
LANDED..........
22/09/2017
5 month today since I applied for PR, Singapore visa office got my application and started processing 16/3/2017 until now not get any mail from them We still waiting to do medical check and my son have to go to school in September at Canada, only waiting...who still same my status please share...

phuong

Dec 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5 month today since I applied for PR, Singapore visa office got my application and started processing 16/3/2017 until now not get any mail from them We still waiting to do medical check and my son have to go to school in September at Canada, only waiting...who still same my status please share...
I guess you are Jan 2017. Singapore got our application Feb 2, and still nothing. I called my MP and got answer ...background check. Still waiting...

Reactions: TKGSTK

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
order your GCMS notes. See if they've done anything on your file.

phuong

Dec 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
order your GCMS notes. See if they've done anything on your file.
ordered 2 already (3rd one pending) , I also talked to our MP and asked MP to give CIC a call, CIC is saying background check.... nothing MP can do. :(

Reactions: TKGSTK