17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
tulip5664 said:
Anybody applied in July 2013 already got a reply from SVO requesting for passport? I assumed we start counting from the AOR date..... Please correct me if I got it wrong.

Much appreciated.

Well...my wife applied in January 2013 and only got her passport request 13 months later, in February 2014, so if things remain the same, probably you'll get your passport request in August, give or take a few months. It's kind of hard to predict.
Make sure to keep checking your house mailbox, and your email inbox (and do make sure to check the "Spam" folder too, as I've seen countless people here who missed an important email from the CIC just because the email went into the Spam folder. If possible, white list the domain international.gc.ca as that's the domain from which the CIC sends emails.

maronvomra's wife sent her application September 2013, she got the passport request 6 months later, sometime in March 2014. For an app going through the SVO, that's innnncredibly fast ;)

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
fandv said:
Well...my wife applied in January 2013 and only got her passport request 13 months later, in February 2014, so if things remain the same, probably you'll get your passport request in August, give or take a few months. It's kind of hard to predict.
Make sure to keep checking your house mailbox, and your email inbox (and do make sure to check the "Spam" folder too, as I've seen countless people here who missed an important email from the CIC just because the email went into the Spam folder. If possible, white list the domain international.gc.ca as that's the domain from which the CIC sends emails.

maronvomra's wife sent her application September 2013, she got the passport request 6 months later, sometime in March 2014. For an app going through the SVO, that's innnncredibly fast ;)
It sure is! :eek:

tulip5664

Mar 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fandv said:

First of all, congrats to maronvomra's wife for getting the passport request in 6 months later. It is indeed incredible that this officer processed it that fast. How I wish my application is processed by the same officer! ;D I believe this greatly depends who the officer is being assigned to!

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
Can any bodynhelp me to write a letter to my local mp abt the passport

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
alonekitchener said:
Hi DrmBig,
Really happy for you! That is great news. No updates from my end. Still waiting. Wonder whats taking so long. Just wondering, did your online status change after your wife got her UCI#?
Thanks!
AloneKitchener
Thanks. No change in online status .

Hope you'll hear the soon, don't worry.

DrmBig

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Early March,2014
Nomination.....
Early April,2014
AOR Received.
Early April,2014
File Transfer...
Early May, 2014
Med's Done....
Early February,2014
Interview........
Waived
alonekitchener said:
Hi DrmBig,
Me again. Can I also ask what the mail from SVO with AOR says? Is it just informational listing her AOR or are there any action items?
Thanks!
AloneKitchener
That was just an formal email confirming the application reception. Below is the email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UCI:12345678
Application:zzzzzzzzzz

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ZZZZZZZ,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <date>.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

-----------------------------------------------

jannatul.ferdousi.al

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
29/03/2014
File Transfer...
07/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/08/ 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2014
CIC sent an email to my husband for sending "Notarized copy of Marriage Certificate(s) for yourself – Nikah Nama" in 60 days. My question is ...how will he send it....by mail or email?

Jannat

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
jannatul.ferdousi.al said:
CIC sent an email to my husband for sending "Notarized copy of Marriage Certificate(s) for yourself – Nikah Nama" in 60 days. My question is ...how will he send it....by mail or email?

Jannat
Singapore Visa office wants original notorized Marriage certificate i.e Nikah Nama.

You can not send it by email. You have to send it by mail.

I think your husband in Dhaka should contact VFS for sending it securely at cheaper rate.

Give google search for finding the address of VFS, Dhaka.

jannatul.ferdousi.al

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
29/03/2014
File Transfer...
07/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/08/ 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2014
Thanks shaw for the info.. btw what about your status?

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
DrmBig said:
That was just an formal email confirming the application reception. Below is the email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UCI:12345678
Application:zzzzzzzzzz

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ZZZZZZZ,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <date>.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

-----------------------------------------------

Excellent DrmBig. Thanks so much for taking the time tto give me this info :)
Alonekitchener

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to &quot;In Process&quot; on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
tuntuni said:
Can any bodynhelp me to write a letter to my local mp abt the passport

Here you go...pay attention to the stuff bolded in red.

Dear Mr. / Ms. (Followed by MP's surname)

My name is XXX. I'm a Canadian citizen/permanent resident. I'm sponsoring my husband for a Canadian permanent residence.

Some important information about my husband (the applicant):

Name:

File number:

Date of birth:

Nationality:

Address:

On DD-MM-YYYY he sent his passport and some documents to the Singapore visa office as per their request. The passport was accepted by the Singapore visa office on DD-MM-YYYY.

At this point, my husband's application status is "Decision Made", according to eCAS. But thus far my husband is yet to receive his passport back.

Is it possible for you to find out from the Singapore visa office as to when they are returning my husband's passport?

Thank you,
XXX (sponsor's name)

TTL

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
06-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 04042014, returned on 20052014
LANDED..........
22-05-2014
anyone got their passport back?

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
Anyone who is waiting for news on their visa and passport, I would suggest asking your MP to find out for you. I asked my local MP to contact SVO yesterday and got a reply today. SVO will be sending my wife's passport to her this week :D

TTL

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
06-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 04042014, returned on 20052014
LANDED..........
22-05-2014
Kbean said:
Anyone who is waiting for news on their visa and passport, I would suggest asking your MP to find out for you. I asked my local MP to contact SVO yesterday and got a reply today. SVO will be sending my wife's passport to her this week :D
MP is like God.

:|

K2014

Mar 8, 2014
Hi everyone need help, svo receive my file it 16th month running no news yet ,so contacted with my local MP and find out with in 2 days that the file is in process in security ground what does it means and which stage it is now any idea anyone plz help. Thanks a lot.