+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

loveoflife

Dec 23, 2013
Hasan9999 said:
Hello everyone! My application was received in June,2013 and status showing "application received".
My wife and children are all Canadian citizens. What is the possibility of getting a visitor visa to attend the graduation ceremony of my two children? Previously I was a PR and lost status because I could not fulfil residency obligation by physically staying in Canada for 720 days within five year period. Meanwhile I have received invitation from the university. I am doing business and planning to return within short time. Any suggestion please! Thank you.
There are many cases in this thread and outwhere they are permitted to get tourist visa to come to Canada while they are waiting for PR visa, as well as you could prove that you will come back to your home country after you visited Canada,
The proofs could be a stable job, big properties, ties etc
To apply tourist visa, you could go to website and download forms and needed documents and follow the instructions,
Good luck,

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
12 feb, 2014. sent 20 feb, 2014
ECAS status changed to 'Decision Made' today.
Yet to hear from VFS-Dhaka.

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
pzbond said:
SVO recieved passport on the 6th of March as well. Hopefully the few of us who submitted around the same timing would be recieving news in the next 2 weeks.... it's crazy, I am checking ECAS every single day in hopes of seeing "Decision Made." ???
Mine took about 4 weeks to change status from in process to decision made after singapore received my passport.

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
fandv said:
Singapore received my wife's passport on 12th March. Any estimation as to when she should receive her passport back and COPR?
It should be 4 to 5 weeks.

sama2012

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Med's Done....
1st on April 2012 & 2nd on July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Interview........
Waived & file status "IN PROCESS" in July 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
Hi Everyone,

My friend has a good news. She got PPR with Appendix A. She is planing to send the passport through VFS Sunday or Monday. She was asking me what kind of papers she should take except passport and Appendix A. Does she needs with her return envelop, her mailing address? Does she needs to complete any form provided by VFS office? Or they will do everything? Does she needs any computer from their office and any assistance from them? Or just she has to take only Passport and Appendix A and rest of the work office will do? Also I believe the VFS cost is aprx. Tk. 4000.00 including return the passport? I believe she has to write the file number in every docs. But for passport where she should write the file number? Are VFS office allow to carry woman's bag inside the office? I know these are very silly questions? Can anyone please share your experience about VFS office in Dhaka.
Thanks in advance for your help & cooperation.

Sama

DAS SS

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
sama2012 said:
Hi Everyone,

My friend has a good news. She got PPR with Appendix A. She is planing to send the passport through VFS Sunday or Monday. She was asking me what kind of papers she should take except passport and Appendix A. Does she needs with her return envelop, her mailing address? Does she needs to complete any form provided by VFS office? Or they will do everything? Does she needs any computer from their office and any assistance from them? Or just she has to take only Passport and Appendix A and rest of the work office will do? Also I believe the VFS cost is aprx. Tk. 4000.00 including return the passport? I believe she has to write the file number in every docs. But for passport where she should write the file number? Are VFS office allow to carry woman's bag inside the office? I know these are very silly questions? Can anyone please share your experience about VFS office in Dhaka.
Thanks in advance for your help & cooperation.

Sama
your friend should read the instruction carefully and do accordingly, because everybody's case is not always the same. But usually filled out form that was sent to your friend, picture, passport and filled out schedule A and police cert is needed. it should cost about bdt 2200. your friend may not need to write file number or uci because the form they sent, has those info already on it. no need to bring extra envelope. yes, your friend can carry woman's bag, cellphone, calculator etc.

sama2012

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Med's Done....
1st on April 2012 & 2nd on July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Interview........
Waived & file status "IN PROCESS" in July 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
Hi DAS SS,

thank you so much for your quick respond. She already sent Police clearance, Re-med, 4 copy pics and Schedule A 2 months back. This time SVO request her only passport and Appendix A with instruction. Does she need to fill any extra form provide by VFS? Approx. 2200.00 including return passport to BD? Does she need to attach a striker on the passport with file number? Thanks again...

DAS SS said:
your friend should read the instruction carefully and do accordingly, because everybody's case is not always the same. But usually filled out form that was sent to your friend, picture, passport and filled out schedule A and police cert is needed. it should cost about bdt 2200. your friend may not need to write file number or uci because the form they sent, has those info already on it. no need to bring extra envelope. yes, your friend can carry woman's bag, cellphone, calculator etc.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Kamloops said:
I read somewhere on the CIC website you can still come to Canada for a short time or long-time (if you intend to live permanently). Keep looking at the site or give CIC a call for you to return to Canada.
I lost my PR status about two and have years ago while I was in Dhaka (as my PR card expired in Dhaka) although before leaving Canada I applied for my PR card renewal. Canadian High Commission, Dhaka after cancelling my PR status gave me single entry travel permit to go back to Canada to enable me to file appeal with IAD. After filing appeal, I stayed back in Canada over one year with a negative result at the end incurring thousands of dollars as legal expenses. I came back within the legal time frame and after that my wife started the process again. So I don't think there is any scope of getting travel permit now except may be regular visit visa. Is there any similar thread here?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
goodman36 said:
My suggestion is to have your wife speak to a Lawyer as soon as possible. Your case is a little complicated than others.
I lost my PR status about two and have years ago while I was in Dhaka (as my PR card expired in Dhaka) although before leaving Canada I applied for my PR card renewal. Canadian High Commission, Dhaka after cancelling my PR status gave me single entry travel permit to go back to Canada to enable me to file appeal with IAD. After filing appeal, I stayed back in Canada over one year with a negative result at the end incurring thousands of dollars as legal expenses. I came back within the legal time frame and after that my wife started the process again. So I don't think there is any scope of getting travel permit now except may be regular visit visa. My wife talked to a lawyer meanwhile. He said its up to the Visa Officer to issue visit visa based on local ties and proofs to come back within visa period. Any suggestions as I don't want to jeopardize my PR application. At the same time I don't want to make my children unhappy at their biggest life event.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
loveoflife said:
There are many cases in this thread and outwhere they are permitted to get tourist visa to come to Canada while they are waiting for PR visa, as well as you could prove that you will come back to your home country after you visited Canada,
The proofs could be a stable job, big properties, ties etc
To apply tourist visa, you could go to website and download forms and needed documents and follow the instructions,
Good luck,
Let me explain little more and seek suggestions as to how I can get a short visit visa.
I lost my PR status about two and have years ago while I was in Dhaka (as my PR card expired in Dhaka) although before leaving Canada I applied for my PR card renewal. Canadian High Commission, Dhaka after cancelling my PR status gave me single entry travel permit to go back to Canada to enable me to file appeal with IAD. After filing appeal, I stayed back in Canada over one year with a negative result at the end incurring thousands of dollars as legal expenses. I came back within the legal time frame and after that my wife started the process again. So I don't think there is any scope of getting travel permit now except may be regular visit visa. My wife talked to a lawyer meanwhile. He said its up to the Visa Officer to issue visit visa based on local ties and proofs to come back within visa period. Any suggestions as I don't want to jeopardize my PR application. At the same time I don't want to make my children unhappy at their biggest life event.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Hi! I was wondering if there is a more recent spreadsheet for singapore? I could only find some back from 2013. Does anyone have one updated for recent applicants?

loveoflife

Dec 23, 2013
Hasan9999 said:
Let me explain little more and seek suggestions as to how I can get a short visit visa.
Well, as I know, if you apply for tourist visa, it will not affect progress of PR visa.
Then, in my opinion, try your best with all reliable proofs that you will come back to Dhaka after you spend the time for graduation of your children. You must start the progress as soon as possible cos it takes time. Then depend on Visa officer. In the worst case, show your children the result of VO decision, they will understand,
Good luck to you,

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
loveoflife said:
Well, as I know, if you apply for tourist visa, it will not affect progress of PR visa.
Then, in my opinion, try your best with all reliable proofs that you will come back to Dhaka after you spend the time for graduation of your children. You must start the progress as soon as possible cos it takes time. Then depend on Visa officer. In the worst case, show your children the result of VO decision, they will understand,
Good luck to you,
Thanks so much. Do you have any idea how to mention "dual intent" in TRV application as per recent rule? I heard that if you forget to mention or prove dual intent, you will be turned down automatically?

Spacely84

Jan 4, 2014
What's the way to check ecas status? My wife is getting tired of checking everyday and no new news so I told her I would keep an eye on it so she can relax lol.

Not sure the Canadian website to check though.

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011