Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
Nazmus said:
Diyabrar and littlestar,
both of your timeline scares me. I hope no one goes through what you guys are going through. Wish you all the best.
Its not only us..but many more who are under that particular Vo..i know. 6 members from this forum alone..so u can imagine..

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
diyabrar said:
Its not only us..but many more who are under that particular Vo..i know. 6 members from this forum alone..so u can imagine..
it ll depends on the nature of ur case and ur luckiness not to get the slow officier like us. I think for those who have strong documents to prove their relationship that has been for a long time (more than 2 years) will hav a chance to get ppr within 12-16 months...

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
Same here. See my timeline.
Nothing happen so far :(

diyabrar said:

Rosindo

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20th, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 20th, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 15th, 2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
26 February 2014. Passport arrived in Singapore 26 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 28th, 2014. Decision Made on e-CAS June 6th 2014.
VietCan said:
Hi Rosindo and Cndmom,

I see you have and/or are applying for extension visitor visa. Can I ask you about the procedure to apply for one (i.e. when should I apply for a visitor visa since I've just submitted my sponsorship application 2 months ago and got the sponsor approval? What are the supporting documents do I need to get the visitor visa? Is there any advice you can give me about the application? Will my sponsor application get delayed if i get rejected on the visitor visa?). I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I get my application started. Any input you can give me is greatly appreciated.
Hi VietCan,

I don't see any reason why you could not apply for a visitor visa, as long as you meet all requirements. I applied for multiple entry visa after I submitted my PR application, and I got the visa in 3 weeks. All information you need is available on CIC website (visitor section). I'm not allowed to post the link here :(

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
VietCan said:
Hi Rosindo and Cndmom,

I see you have and/or are applying for extension visitor visa. Can I ask you about the procedure to apply for one (i.e. when should I apply for a visitor visa since I've just submitted my sponsorship application 2 months ago and got the sponsor approval? What are the supporting documents do I need to get the visitor visa? Is there any advice you can give me about the application? Will my sponsor application get delayed if i get rejected on the visitor visa?). I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I get my application started. Any input you can give me is greatly appreciated.
Hi VietCan

Applying for a Tourist Visa will not delay your application in any way... in fact it may strengthen the application in that you want to be with your spouse :)
If you apply for the tourist visa... you have to show strong ties to your home country... as well you must indicate that you are applying for the TRV with dual intent and that you in no way will over stay your tourist visa because doing so will put your PR application in jeopardy.

We indicated in the TRV application that the sponsor was approved
1 week later the TRV was approved and we applied for an extension 30 days prior to the expiry and were given a 1 year extension :)
Good luck

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2013, sent and accepted in Singapore January 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Hey guys, we got what I think may be good news, but want to know what you think.

We got a letter requesting that we redo medical and police certificate and also send passport and photos. I am glad we are moving forward. However, in ecas we still just have "application received," and from looking online, including this forum, I think that this is not a passport request for issuing the visa, bit some kind of other request. We also have to strangely wait six weeks after the medical examination is done but not wait more than 60 days to send everything.

Anyone have any ideas about what this means and whether we might get the visa soon?

Also, just a tip, we got this right after I sent in an email asking why I never got a UCI. I guess maybe I woke someone up with the inquiry. Of course it could just be a coincidence.

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Oh yeah, it also happens that I am going to Singapore before 60 days on a visa run, so I could submit all of the documents in person. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it allowed even? Thanks for your help guys, I wish all of you a great weekend and a lucky week.

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cangguru said:
Hey guys, we got what I think may be good news, but want to know what you think.

We got a letter requesting that we redo medical and police certificate and also send passport and photos. I am glad we are moving forward. However, in ecas we still just have "application received," and from looking online, including this forum, I think that this is not a passport request for issuing the visa, bit some kind of other request. We also have to strangely wait six weeks after the medical examination is done but not wait more than 60 days to send everything.

Anyone have any ideas about what this means and whether we might get the visa soon?

Also, just a tip, we got this right after I sent in an email asking why I never got a UCI. I guess maybe I woke someone up with the inquiry. Of course it could just be a coincidence.
how is your timeline? As far as I know, those are final steps to get ppr. Did they ask u to send them your passport?

Cangguru

Nov 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
AOR Received.
January 31, 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
Heya Littestar, thanks for the fast response! I don't know how to post my timeline but will learn. We applied in December 2012, application received January 31, 2013, nothing since then until now.

They did ask for passport but also other documents and said the application is "in the final stages" but nothing is guaranteed. I'm not sure what it all means but hope that they won't make us wait another year while they hold my wife's passport!

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys, Anyone has the idea that how long will it take from the time ecas is changed into in process to the time they send back the visa stamp? My hubby will come over this Spring, we hope to accompany on the way back to Canada this March. Anyone get this experience please share with me. Thanks u guys.

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cangguru said:
Heya Littestar, thanks for the fast response! I don't know how to post my timeline but will learn. We applied in December 2012, application received January 31, 2013, nothing since then until now.

They did ask for passport but also other documents and said the application is "in the final stages" but nothing is guaranteed. I'm not sure what it all means but hope that they won't make us wait another year while they hold my wife's passport!
U need to post at least 10 posts, then u can enter ur timeline at the left corner. Ur case processing time is quite short, lucky for u guys :). My case is in process after 26 monthsss. I also have the same concern how long it will take from the time "in process" to the time getting the visa. From my friends' experience, it takes around 2-3 months after they receive ur docs. But some even take longer, then we need to send them email to remind them.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
Littestar said:
U need to post at least 10 posts, then u can enter ur timeline at the left corner. Ur case processing time is quite short, lucky for u guys :). My case is in process after 26 monthsss. I also have the same concern how long it will take from the time "in process" to the time getting the visa. From my friends' experience, it takes around 2-3 months after they receive ur docs. But some even take longer, then we need to send them email to remind them.
Send a email..ask them whether they sent any instruction ..let them know u wana know whether u missed any communication.they will reply for sure

hoahager

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
05-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
27-11-2014
Passport Req..
Hope soon
Congratulations Cangguru! You are almost final stage. My case is also Dec 2012 but no news since that date. Hope me lucky like you and will receive good news in next few days! :p

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Cangguru said:

Congrats Cangguru

This is quite common for Singapore to request you do your remedical and in the same correspondence they ask that you submit your passport "x" amount of days later.
Some VO don't update ECAS so don't worry that it hasn't gone "in process" yet

So technically you have rec'd PPR :)

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Cangguru said:
Oh yeah, it also happens that I am going to Singapore before 60 days on a visa run, so I could submit all of the documents in person. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it allowed even? Thanks for your help guys, I wish all of you a great weekend and a lucky week.
Others have suggested this in previous posts... however the answer seems to always be the same... NO :(
It needs to be couriered or mailed