AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Yeah, it's very hard to get a Visitor Visa while you're waiting for a PR.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
if the sponsor posses a good Economic and Good Criminal Record in Canada and the applicant posses a strong base in their own country then getting a Visitor visa while the PR is in process is a Piece of Pie Cake !

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
jnathan said:
if the sponsor posses a good Economic and Good Criminal Record in Canada and the applicant posses a strong base in their own country then getting a Visitor visa while the PR is in process is a Piece of Pie Cake !
I don't know about the others people, but usually, Vietnamese spouses who are sponsored are fed by the spouse who is abroad (sending money). So they don't have a strong base. Often jobless (it's useless to work since they can live with the money they receive).

timeline30

Aug 24, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this, so just wanted to post my timeline and get an idea of how long I would have to wait. I'm from Bangladesh and here is my timeline:

My wife submitted the application for sponsorship on 8th December 2011, was approved in January 2012.

File transferred to singapore office: in January 2012

ECAS shows : we received your file in May 2012 and is in process. I got a letter in June stating that I need to redo my medical and police clearance as they both expired and sent it to them via fedex on july 15th. Haven't heard from them since.

How long does it usually take after they request for medical? Will they request for my passport or do I have to wait for 21/23 months for the entire process to complete.

Please quote this in your reply.

Thanks

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Hi timeline30: It is quite surprising that the application was transferred in January but Singapore says they received in May! Does it mean it takes few months to arrive the file to Singapore ? Well, as per their information. May be while they start processing the file, mentions that they received on that day!?!? Please comment.

Secondly, NO. It does not always take 22/23 months for everybody. From you timeline what I understand it might take couple of months to get back to you. Before the end of this year you might get VISA, if everything goes normal with your file. However, hope for the best. *****************************************************************************************************

timeline30 said:
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this, so just wanted to post my timeline and get an idea of how long I would have to wait. I'm from Bangladesh and here is my timeline:

My wife submitted the application for sponsorship on 8th December 2011, was approved in January 2012.

ECAS shows : we received your file in May 2012 and is in process. I got a letter in June stating that I need to redo my medical and police clearance as they both expired and sent it to them via fedex on july 15th. Haven't heard from them since.

How long does it usually take after they request for medical? Will they request for my passport or do I have to wait for 21/23 months for the entire process to complete.

Thanks

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
timeline30: did you receive your re-medical and police certificate request through mail or email ? They received the file in January, how the medical was expired already? Did you do your medical/police certificate in June last year? Just curious.

Comment: given the nature of the work style of Visa Offices, it is very hard to predict anything firmly. I think you are in process means your file is opened by VO and under reveiw which is a good thing. Keep your finger crossed. Good luck.

timeline30

Aug 24, 2012
aarongpasha said:
Hi timeline30: It is quite surprising that the application was transferred in January but Singapore says they received in May! Does it mean it takes few months to arrive the file to Singapore ? Well, as per their information. May be while they start processing the file, mentions that they received on that day!?!? Please comment.

Secondly, NO. It does not always take 22/23 months for everybody. From you timeline what I understand it might take couple of months to get back to you. Before the end of this year you might get VISA, if everything goes normal with your file. However, hope for the best. ****************************************************************************************************
Hello I'm sorry I guess I wasnt clear before. They started processing my file in may I think it takes them about 2 weeks to receive the file.

In reply to the second comment... by the time they received my file both my medical and police clearance expired hence they asked for it again.

I also got the visit visa for Canada 5 times before this the last one just expired this may.. So was wondering whether I should apply now to go and see my wife and daughter or wait tills I get my pr.. Because as far as I know if your file is in process they usually don't give visit visa because of dual intention or something... Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
you should apply now and go see your family.

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
timeline30: You got the visit visa 5 times! wow! After marriage? 5 times within how many years ? 2 years? Could you tell me what is the best way of making a successful Visit VISA application ??? Just few tips if you would like to share your experience. Is it money? or Job? or something else? ****************

You are right. when PR application is in process, you have less chances to getting Visit Visa. Because dual intention. I strongly believe that your application will be resolved before the end of this year. Just wait couple of months to hear from them again. Thanks for your reply. *****************************************************************************************************

I also got the visit visa for Canada 5 times before this the last one just expired this may.. So was wondering whether I should apply now to go and see my wife and daughter or wait tills I get my pr.. Because as far as I know if your file is in process they usually don't give visit visa because of dual intention or something... Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
[/quote]

timeline30

Aug 24, 2012
We used to travel a lot when I was younger... I got my first two visit visa when I was 8 and 13 for five years multiple. Recently they are more strict in giving the 5 yrs one.. after marriage i applied for the visa thrice and they usually look at financial position... I was in USA studying and got it twice there, so it didn't matter... Last time I got it I was in Bangladesh I showed my employment doc, assets and docs showing my ownership in an industry... They sent back everything except employment certificate. So I guess you have to show that you will not overstay and come back... And you should be fine.

singaporeVO said:
timeline30: You got the visit visa 5 times! wow! After marriage? 5 times within how many years ? 2 years? Could you tell me what is the best way of making a successful Visit VISA application ??? Just few tips if you would like to share your experience. Is it money? or Job? or something else? ****************

You are right. when PR application is in process, you have less chances to getting Visit Visa. Because dual intention. I strongly believe that your application will be resolved before the end of this year. Just wait couple of months to hear from them again. Thanks for your reply. *****************************************************************************************************

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
timeline30 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
I'm kind of in the same boat as you right now too. They requested my wife to redo the medical and police clearance back in May and they received the results and everything June 1st. Haven't heard back from them since either. My wife's file has been In Process since March.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Taycaoco said:
Xin chao Thuy Van,

Here's a short background of my story to give you a picture of my case. In July 2010, my uncle introduced me to the daughter of his sworn brother. I talked with her on the phone for the first time on July 24th 2010. We get along immediately; we share the same interests, we have the same age, a University degree in the same field, etc., and the most important of course, we are mutually attracted to one another. In short, we have many things in common and we believe that we are made for each other.

We talked on the phone for a month and by the end of August 2010, I proposed to her. Our engagement ceremony took place in September (without my presence, but 20 members of my family who live in Vietnam were there) and in November, I flew to Vietnam for the wedding with my grand-parents from USA and my dad. Over 100 people attended our wedding. She did her medical exam a few days later. I stayed for 6 weeks over there. Here is the timeline:

Mississauga received application: January 14th 2011
Files transferred: February 9th 2011
Singapore received application: February 17th 2011
A letter informing us that she is on a waiting list for an interview: December 1st 2011

A lot of people received the second interview letter telling the date of the interview after 4-5 months, but the waiting time can take up to 24 months (starting from the day you receive the letter informing you that you are on a waiting list for an interview).

Tell us more about your case.
Hi Taycaoco,
Thanks for sharing your story. In my opinion, I think the timline between your first conversation with your wife and the time you proposed and held the engagement ceremony was too short. Considering you two had never met in person and held the engagement ceremony without your presence was a 2 major questions for Singapore CHC to target. I'm coming from a Vietnamese culture myself. Therefore, I know it is important to have everything planned out according to our Vietnamese culture when it comes to marriage. Unfortunately, Singapore CHC does not think that way. I wish you all the best with your wife's interview and receive a landing Visa soon.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Interview is the biggest hurdle and the scary thing is even genuine spouses get panicked and tensed during the interview and screw it. just gotta watch out

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Can anybody please tell me how long does it take to get the passport back if it was sent through VFS? My husband submittted his passport to VFS on Aug 09, 2012 for onward submission to SVO. Singapore visa office received his passport on Aug 19, 2012. How long it might take from Aug 19, 2012 to get the passport back ? Do they update Ecas by saying "Decision Made"after stamping the visa? As per instructions in their letter, we waited for 2 weeks after RE-MED and then submitted the passport but as of today, there is no change in ECas and showing the same message (Medical results have been received) which has been there ever since we submitted our sponsorship application to Mississauga. Will he be able to fly with me in the first week of September on my way back to Canada??????? :(
Thanks.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
Shaheenaz said:
Can anybody please tell me how long does it take to get the passport back if it was sent through VFS? My husband submittted his passport to VFS on Aug 09, 2012 for onward submission to SVO. Singapore visa office received his passport on Aug 19, 2012. How long it might take from Aug 19, 2012 to get the passport back ? Do they update Ecas by saying "Decision Made"after stamping the visa? As per instructions in their letter, we waited for 2 weeks after RE-MED and then submitted the passport but as of today, there is no change in ECas and showing the same message (Medical results have been received) which has been there ever since we submitted our sponsorship application to Mississauga. Will he be able to fly with me in the first week of September on my way back to Canada??????? :(
Thanks.
For my wife it took 7 weeks between submission and getting the passport back. However, with VFS processing your passport, it could be a bit shorter.