File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
Here's a thought- How about sing VO office giving us an option of going to Sing to give interview. I wouldn't mind spending on air fare if it means getting the interview done quicker. If they are not going to come to us we can go to them :) Two years waiting time for interview is just ridiculous. I suppose they want to test that if the relationship is genuine then it will survive the two year waiting period :mad:

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
watsonwoo said:
My wife told me that she received a letter around March 22, 2012 requesting for updated Police record certificate and her passport.

Passport Req: March 22, 2012.

Just wanted to let you all know.
Congrats ! :) I applied in August, 2012 but still have not received PPR. Did they return all original docs back ? ( like wedding pics, wedding card etc. )

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
watsonwoo said:
My wife told me that she received a letter around March 22, 2012 requesting for updated Police record certificate and her passport.

congrats mate

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
Today I sent Sing VO another email politely asking why I did not get a reply to my email which I had sent 15 days back and they replied "We will advise you of the next step soon.We trust this information will be of assistance."

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
calvinh said:
Today I sent Sing VO another email politely asking why I did not get a reply to my email which I had sent 15 days back and they replied "We will advise you of the next step soon.We trust this information will be of assistance."
cool.. I submitted additional docs today.. like cards and letters and some chat logs..the office seems like so quite ..

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Shiny,

FAM and FSW is totally different class.
They both have their seperate quota and issuing visas to one category does not collide with another. CHC Singapore has a limited capacity if you compare with CHC ND and CHC London.
Try finding someone who appeared on an Family Interview and ask her when she got notified about the Interview call. you would then be able to calculate your possible calling time.

**Thanks Shiny that those links appeared to of some help for you.

afrosebd2002,

I am advising you to read Skilled workers thread. Bulk of those applicants have been waiting for 2-8 years now. Many had their Interviews but since then nothing, many done their medicals and then no PPR for 3-7 months. When I visit this thread and read some of the posts here, I feel like I am on a dingy boat compared to their Rock Solid Mother vessels when it comes to the level of Physological strength.

Your file will be reviewed by a VO; do you remember that there was a Name written on your MR that XXX BFD to XXX? one of them is the VO in CHC Dhaka and another one is in CHC Singapore. They are so busy and they have deadline to complete their duties. I am sure they have set up a deadline for finalizing your case by a VO and until that they told you to wait.

Amy 612,

Pending review means it is going Background checks.
still In process means the file has been taken over by a VO and the next step is MR or asking for additional docs.
has been reviewd by VO, means on the verge of getting your file review done, may be some bureaucratic barriers to overcome at this stage.

calvinh,

why dont you send a letter to CHC Signapore and propose that to them.
Still you gotta wait for 2 years, remember, its the tentative date and starts counting from the date your application was initially reviewed by a VO/Officer. There are hudreds of other applicants who applied years ago before you did and have been waiting for an Interview schedule. Do you want CHC Singapore to conduct your's before them? WOuldnt that be UnFair you think?

Everyone ,

please dont make unnecessary communication with them as this makes your processing slower.
They never forget about your files, neither sendin an Email would expedite the processing time of the file. They have a BF'd date and before that if you send 1000's of queries, they wouldnt do anything unless something exclusive is there in the mail like Divorce, Death, adding a new born, change of address etc.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
@Jnathan
Thanks a lot for the expalnation.

I know sending unnecessary email may delay my processing. But there are cases who never made any inquary and after 6 months they found their file was lost and they had to resubmit from scratch. As they don't update ecas regular basis, and don't issue any AOR for spousal sponsorship it's very difficult to wait when you are completely in dark.

I know for FSW processing time is very long but for their case all the family members are together. They are not suffering like us. I don't think anyone should compare the processing time of FSW with FAM. When I applied for PR beleive me I never checked my ecas. I was not worried about the long processing time. Spousal sponsorship is completely different. Most of them are newly married couple. They are wasting their valuable time for this immigration. I know some cases who were divorced because they could not start their conjugal life. If I were in a study permit, my spouse and dependent child would get visa within three weeks. Now as I am a PR, they refused my son's TRV. I am separated from my son for seven months now and don't know how long it will be. It's not only for me, this happened to other members. Singapore took more than seven months to process a file of a two yrs baby. For the baby there is no background check and all the family members are PR. I don't beleive that a spusal case gets visa within 4 months from singapore whereas a two years baby is still waiting..There must be some fault in this immigration processing.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Amy612,

Lost of file and IELTS/other documents not received is reported in 1 in 10,00,000 cases.
You must not bring exception as an example. There is actually nothing to update the Ecas on a regular basis as the Ecas has mainly 3-4 statuses. Received by Visa Office, IN PROCESS, Documents Received and reviewed and we sent a letter, IN PROCESS, Medical Result Received, Decision Made. do you want them to write, Todaay we Took Amy's file , started reading at 9am and then went to lunch at 1pm, then again started reviewing at 2pm, then found one document is missing, posting that in Ecas, then bla bla bla. No , this is not thy work, they have their own style to work and they work on 30-40 files on any given day so they have no scope to give ample amount of time on any1.

FSW applicants are suffering in other difficulties like keeping their PoF for a long time, their kids growing up in a 3rd world and some may be growing up and reached teen/adult stage by the time they get their visas, And the worst happened to Pre Feb 2008 applicants- their applications will be returned without processing, 280,000 lost 5-8 years from their lives dreaming for Canada.

On the other hand, you are losing the love and togetherness. I'd advise you to go to your wives at least 3-4 times a year. I know many false cases of marriage and they divorced. True lovers never leave each other for delay in Processing the visas. If your wife leaves you for such conditions, she's leave you when you'd be sick, or in shortage of money for her lavish comfort.

There are absolutely not much schools, Hospitals, and there are shortage of funds for a newcomer in Canada. the situation is getting worst day by day, Unemployment rate is 8.2% now and they have seen that many spouses go there and dont work and dont contribute to Canada yet availing the social and national conveniences. Minsiter Kenney has Reiterated these things many times. The slowness of processing the spouse class is very much similar with the parents'. No Contribution to Canada ! Just a burden with health Plan and other things must always be served to them. Canada's Economy is going down and when you are not hungry , what you do? You start taking less food.

I guess all of you knew that this would take pretty long and you should not be worried as you will not be refused, either be called for an interview or Granted your Visas some day.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
I am sooo happy to see that my application status has changed to "in process". I hope they will not ask any aditional document.

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
Amy612 said:
I am sooo happy to see that my application status has changed to "in process". I hope they will not ask any aditional document.

that is a freat news!!! amy612 .. congrats!:)

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
jnathan said:
Amy612,

Lost of file and IELTS/other documents not received is reported in 1 in 10,00,000 cases.
You must not bring exception as an example. There is actually nothing to update the Ecas on a regular basis as the Ecas has mainly 3-4 statuses. Received by Visa Office, IN PROCESS, Documents Received and reviewed and we sent a letter, IN PROCESS, Medical Result Received, Decision Made. do you want them to write, Todaay we Took Amy's file , started reading at 9am and then went to lunch at 1pm, then again started reviewing at 2pm, then found one document is missing, posting that in Ecas, then bla bla bla. No , this is not thy work, they have their own style to work and they work on 30-40 files on any given day so they have no scope to give ample amount of time on any1.

FSW applicants are suffering in other difficulties like keeping their PoF for a long time, their kids growing up in a 3rd world and some may be growing up and reached teen/adult stage by the time they get their visas, And the worst happened to Pre Feb 2008 applicants- their applications will be returned without processing, 280,000 lost 5-8 years from their lives dreaming for Canada.

On the other hand, you are losing the love and togetherness. I'd advise you to go to your wives at least 3-4 times a year. I know many false cases of marriage and they divorced. True lovers never leave each other for delay in Processing the visas. If your wife leaves you for such conditions, she's leave you when you'd be sick, or in shortage of money for her lavish comfort.

There are absolutely not much schools, Hospitals, and there are shortage of funds for a newcomer in Canada. the situation is getting worst day by day, Unemployment rate is 8.2% now and they have seen that many spouses go there and dont work and dont contribute to Canada yet availing the social and national conveniences. Minsiter Kenney has Reiterated these things many times. The slowness of processing the spouse class is very much similar with the parents'. No Contribution to Canada ! Just a burden with health Plan and other things must always be served to them. Canada's Economy is going down and when you are not hungry , what you do? You start taking less food.

I guess all of you knew that this would take pretty long and you should not be worried as you will not be refused, either be called for an interview or Granted your Visas some day.

See ...exactly this is why the immigration system in Canada is failing .... I think Canada should implement a mandatory assessment process of intellectual abilities for every FSW applicant because lot of people just bullshit their way into Canada and do not find any jobs after they come in because they are not capable of ! CIC is taking additional measures soon to prevent this in future. I just want to point out 3 things here :

1. "1 in 10,00,000 cases. " ... Is this from Statistics Canada ? or from some official sources of CIC ?

2. Submitting a FSW application does not give anyone the RIGHT to come to Canada or even getting accepted, its a privilege. They should not dream of coming to Canada until the process is finalized and I think it says that in the FSW application guide.

3. Unemployment rate is only applied to the current Canadian "WORK FORCE" not the baby born today or the person who just went into retirement.
So, if my parents or wife comes here today they wont contribute anything to the unemployment rate

Besides, I am paying the salary of the person who is processing the applications (TAX money), so I think my wife's application should be processed before the applications of "ON DEMAND" workers (that is the new FSW system implemented by CIC, I know the words I have used sounds bad but its the reality)

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
watsonwoo said:

Awesome watsonwoo! You will be together soon. Congratulations!

Amy612 said:
That's great news Amy612. It was about one month from our status changing to "In Process" before they called us asking for my wife's passport. Hopefully everything else will go smoothly and you will get the news you're waiting for even quicker!

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Amy612 said:
Congratulations Amy..I applied in October , I wish my status also changes next month ...Tomorrow is our Anniversary and I am soooooo sad. We have dreamed we will have a big party for both of our family on our Anniversary, never thought we won't be able to see each other on this day :'( I started a job when I came back from my country after our wedding and since my employment is not one year yet I can't take any vacation. Also we( me and my daughter) can't just go to Bangladesh for 2, 3 times in a year. It would be very costly for a single parent :( Will try to submit a leave of absence letter with my company and see if they accept then I can go and see my hubby for 6/8 weeks this summer.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Moyrzg and Dangerzone,

Thanks a lot.
Shaheenaz,
Don't be upset. Try to enjoy as much as you can. Inshallah you will be together for ever very soon. Your file tranfered o February. So you are the next :)

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Shaheenaz said:
Congratulations Amy..I applied in October , I wish my status also changes next month ...Tomorrow is our Anniversary and I am soooooo sad. We have dreamed we will have a big party for both of our family on our Anniversary, never thought we won't be able to see each other on this day :'( I started a job when I came back from my country after our wedding and since my employment is not one year yet I can't take any vacation. Also we( me and my daughter) can't just go to Bangladesh for 2, 3 times in a year. It would be very costly for a single parent :( Will try to submit a leave of absence letter with my company and see if they accept then I can go and see my hubby for 6/8 weeks this summer.
I know how you feel dear i missed 2wedding aniversary,and inshallah those were the last, and hopefully for you too, and we will be united before the next. And it sucks that we gotta wait 1year of employment to take vacation,same for me.Heres a link check the info,and check what type of leave you can request, I am sure without a year of employment you can take those leaves.check it out. http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pdf/br_leaves.pdf

I think when my husband gonna come, i will take a leave like this,cuz i wont be able to take vacation until next year i guess. And i would like to go and bring him with me.

all i hope 4u its to get ppr,asap so you wont need to spend all tht money,and your child trvalig with u its not gonna be easy. crossing my fingers, good news is right on the corner,lets be strong.