+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore police certificates

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
Hi all, I just obtained my PNP certificate (non-express-entry type) and encounter a problem about police certificates from Singapore. I hope someone who has the experiences on this could comment on my questions. Thanks so much in advance!

1. Must we submit PR application with police certificates? Can we submit the application first, and then get the police certificates later and submit those certs as additional documents?

2. Singapore police certificates
We are currently living in Canada and don't have time to visit Singapore this year.
I am Singaporean citizen; my husband is not a Singaporean. I heard the procedures for both of us to apply police certificates are a bit different.
How could both of us get our police certificates? Usually how long does it take?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
1. IRCC wants every PR applicant to submit all the PCCs for each country where an applicant has spent minimum 6 months (in total) since the age of 18.

2. If there is Singapore Embassy or consulate in your current country of residence, then you and your spouse can apply for Singapore PCC there.

ney_ryaen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2013
Singapore
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2015
LANDED..........
soon
erencie said:
Hi all, I just obtained my PNP certificate (non-express-entry type) and encounter a problem about police certificates from Singapore. I hope someone who has the experiences on this could comment on my questions. Thanks so much in advance!

1. Must we submit PR application with police certificates? Can we submit the application first, and then get the police certificates later and submit those certs as additional documents?

2. Singapore police certificates
We are currently living in Canada and don't have time to visit Singapore this year.
I am Singaporean citizen; my husband is not a Singaporean. I heard the procedures for both of us to apply police certificates are a bit different.
How could both of us get our police certificates? Usually how long does it take?

For non singaporean Sg COC;

just print the form at the website and then fill up. if you have friends living in singapore.
you can ask them to process the papers for you. send the form together the required docs and
dont forget to give authorization.
now the fee is 60 sgd.
all the best.

ney_ryaen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2013
Singapore
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2015
LANDED..........
soon
Yes you can submit your PR now and the police certificate to follow.
just put a note there that for the Police clearance(singapore)
“I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

because you cannot obtain SG COC without the request.
so you need to wait for that.
Hope it helps.

Hillary B

Feb 20, 2013
I'm non-singaporean, so we can ask someone or a friend from singapore to process it for us? Do we still need a letter of request from cic or not anymore?

Hillary B

Feb 20, 2013
ney_ryaen said:
“I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

Hope it helps.
Gotcha!

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
ney_ryaen said:

Hope it helps.
Hmmm..How about Singaporean citizens? Can Singaporeans directly apply the police certificate without any CIC request letter?

ride_bike

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
In your PR application, print out the page in CIC that states Singapore Police checks only have to be provided when requested. I submitted mine this way and received my PR AOR just fine.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! We just received a request to submit Singapore Police Clearance, I just want to ask on what to put on the part wherein ask Appeal plea and Date of Departure (is it the last departure from Singapore) on the SG Police Clearance online website? Thank you in advance!

aramin84

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
CALGARY, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 5th, 2015
Doc's Request.
--------
Nomination.....
06-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
IELTS Request
--------
File Transfer...
--------
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Interview........
--------
Passport Req..
--------
VISA ISSUED...
--------
LANDED..........
19-09-2016
cutesmile_1728 said:
Hi everyone! We just received a request to submit Singapore Police Clearance, I just want to ask on what to put on the part wherein ask Appeal plea and Date of Departure (is it the last departure from Singapore) on the SG Police Clearance online website? Thank you in advance!
Hmm I don't remember the appeal part but date of departure is the last time you left Singapore.