+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore police certificate

Dec 7, 2016
Hello

To get police certificate from Singapore i refer to the CIC website
Couldnt paste link in this post.
But this is found in the country wise instructions reg police certificate.

The page starts with a text
"Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence?
No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.
"

In the same webpage there is another statement
"Do I need to provide a police certificate for Express Entry?
Yes. If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate.
"

These seems to be contradicting information.
I have all other documents ready to be uploaded, just not sure what to do with this one.
Can someone who has already got police certificate from Singapore police, Pls advise.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Bharathporchelvan said:
Hello

To get police certificate from Singapore i refer to the CIC website
Couldnt paste link in this post.
But this is found in the country wise instructions reg police certificate.

The page starts with a text
"Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence?
No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.
"

In the same webpage there is another statement
"Do I need to provide a police certificate for Express Entry?
Yes. If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate.
"

These seems to be contradicting information.
I have all other documents ready to be uploaded, just not sure what to do with this one.
Can someone who has already got police certificate from Singapore police, Pls advise.
I've seen this too as I need the COC from Singapore as well. I've seen other people on this forum who have gotten their COC based on ITA, else others have also uploaded a letter saying the police clearance they need is from a country which needs a request from IRCC. That's what the text in the first part of the page suggests. As for the last part, what they mean by uploading police certificate to e-APR is that the certificate needs to be uploaded electronically (be it at the first stage with your application package after the ITA or after they request the certificate and you get it from SPF) and that it cannot be mailed to IRCC. That's what I think they mean. I've previously obtained COC from SPF for my work permit application in 2015. It was a very smooth process. Hope this helps!

All the best for your application!

Dec 7, 2016
+1 Janaki Iyer

Other experts,
Is there any other second thoughts in this regard ?
This is the only problem keeping me from submitting my application.
Pls help.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Do you have an ITA? I think then you can just try appealing to SPF online with the ITA if you are the principal applicant. Once your appeal is approved you can apply by giving your fingerprints at the Outram Park SPF (if you are currently in Singapore). Else you will have to submit your fingerprints and mail them to COC.

aviationp

Feb 8, 2017
When I applied for PR, I sent a note as stated on the CIC website. About a month later they sent me an electronic note with the document that I used with the Singaporean government to request for an appeal, and then the police certificate. They gave me 60 days to get the police certificate. The longest time spent was requesting for the appeal which took about 2 days.

Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: tinzzz

u0905191

Sep 26, 2016
Hi,
I think the page was changed recently. Previously the "Special notes and considerations" section also stated that the police certificate only needed to be uploaded after application submission.
I've no idea why they changed the page to what it is now. Has the procedure for Singapore police certificate changed? This is really confusing.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi,

Please go through the link and read all the exchanges. The page three will provide you the complete process to obtain the PCC.

Thank you,

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Pawshi said:
Hi,

Please go through the link and read all the exchanges. The page three will provide you the complete process to obtain the PCC.

Thank you,
OK Guys, this is the way how to get it. I am a Singaporean and my wife worked in Singapore. So I did as below

When you upload documents after ITA, upload a LOE with this text "I am applying for a PCC under a country which requires and official request letter from IRCC" in the placeholder for Singapore PCC

Then if all other documents are fine, IRCC will send you the request letter into your MyCIC account

Goto SPF website and use the link there to do an Appeal for Singapore PCC. (If you are a singaporean, you don't need to do this step). You will have to upload supporting documents including the letter from IRCC

Between 5-10 days, you will get an email mentioning that your appeal is approved and now go and apply for the PCC online. Once you do that, take your finger prints and post/courier it to SPF. They will issue you a PCC in 10 days

If you are not in Singapore, they will send your PCC to your current address via registered normal post. I have learned that registered letters from Singapore take long time to receive. So you can ask a friend in Singapore to collect your PCC on your behalf, but you need to mention this when you apply for your PCC

Hope this helps

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
My bad. I forgot to share the link.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t472235.0.html;msg5785111#msg5785111

u0905191

Sep 26, 2016
Kchandana74 said:
OK Guys, this is the way how to get it. I am a Singaporean and my wife worked in Singapore. So I did as below

When you upload documents after ITA, upload a LOE with this text "I am applying for a PCC under a country which requires and official request letter from IRCC" in the placeholder for Singapore PCC

Then if all other documents are fine, IRCC will send you the request letter into your MyCIC account

Goto SPF website and use the link there to do an Appeal for Singapore PCC. (If you are a singaporean, you don't need to do this step). You will have to upload supporting documents including the letter from IRCC

Between 5-10 days, you will get an email mentioning that your appeal is approved and now go and apply for the PCC online. Once you do that, take your finger prints and post/courier it to SPF. They will issue you a PCC in 10 days

If you are not in Singapore, they will send your PCC to your current address via registered normal post. I have learned that registered letters from Singapore take long time to receive. So you can ask a friend in Singapore to collect your PCC on your behalf, but you need to mention this when you apply for your PCC

Hope this helps
Hi Kchandana, thanks for the detailed instructions. I'm just wondering if the change of the page means anything. Previously, the "Special notes and considerations" section was like the following:
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
which is exactly what you mentioned. However, the page was updated recently and now the section is:
The new "Special notes and considerations" section is asking us to upload coc in our e-APR.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
u0905191 said:
Hi Kchandana, thanks for the detailed instructions. I'm just wondering if the change of the page means anything. Previously, the "Special notes and considerations" section was like the following:
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
which is exactly what you mentioned. However, the page was updated recently and now the section is:
The new "Special notes and considerations" section is asking us to upload coc in our e-APR.
Hi u0905191, see this reply which I also posted above.
I've seen this too as I need the COC from Singapore as well. I've seen other people on this forum who have gotten their COC based on ITA, else others have also uploaded a letter saying the police clearance they need is from a country which needs a request from IRCC. That's what the text in the first part of the page suggests. As for the last part, what they mean by uploading police certificate to e-APR is that the certificate needs to be uploaded electronically (be it at the first stage with your application package after the ITA or after they request the certificate and you get it from SPF) and that it cannot be mailed to IRCC. That's what I think they mean. I've previously obtained COC from SPF for my work permit application in 2015. It was a very smooth process. Hope this helps!

u0905191

Sep 26, 2016
Janaki Iyer said:
Hi u0905191, see this reply which I also posted above.

Thanks Janaki. I'll follow the instruction and submit without coc for the moment.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know I have company :)

I have applied for COC and the application is accepted. Now I need to send the fingerprints along with the acknowledgement slip. Problem is, I'm unable to locate the acknowledgement slip in my COC login. I wrote to SPF but no response yet. Can anyone help me with where I can Find it?

to the OP: IRCC sends you an invitation letter in your CIC account and you can use the same to apply for Singapore CoC. Its one of the required docs while you submit the appeal. If you included your dependents in your EE, their names wont reflect in the IRCC's invitation letter and so your appeal for the dependents will be rejected by SPF, for CoC. It happened to me. I learnt from the forum members that we can proceed to submit our eAPR without dependent's CoC and add LoE explaining the same. IRCC will then send another letter in about a month or 2 which can be used to get the CoC.

Another question, I have 60 more days to submit my eAPR so planning to contact IRCC and get the invitation before I submit. how do I contact IRCC?

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
If you included your dependents in your EE, their names wont reflect in the IRCC's invitation letter and so your appeal for the dependents will be rejected by SPF, for CoC.
That is not exactly correct. When I got the request letters , I got two request letters separately for me and my wife from IRCC. This may be a overlook than a usual by IRCC

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kchandana74 said:
That is not exactly correct. When I got the request letters , I got two request letters separately for me and my wife from IRCC. This may be a overlook than a usual by IRCC
May I know when you for the ITA? I got only one letter with my name but none for my dependents. May be there was some rule change of late?