+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Police certificate for Non-Citizens residing in Singapore

shinobi_89

Oct 8, 2016
Hi,
I have recently received my ITA and would need to submit a Police certificate from Singapore, where I currently reside.
The Singapore police certificate attainment is a two step process:
1) Online Appealing for Police certificate.
2) After appeal is approved, apply for police certificate.

The Appeal application requires a letter of authority showing that Police certificate is required by Canadian immigration authority, can ITA be used for this purpose if not what letter do I need to get and where can I get it from?Below is the exact wording from Singapore police force website for your reference.

"Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose
in pdf format not more than 2MB in size
e.g. letter from embassy, overseas offer letter for employment/education, etc
"

Also in the online application, they ask for date of migration? what should be put in that section because it's not clear at this point.

Thankyou. Looking forward to your insight.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Hi,

I have seen people on this forum who have applied for SG COC with their ITA letters, and I will be doing the same. And for the date of migration, I had put a tentative date back in December 2015 when IRCC requested me a COC from Singapore for processing my work permit. So I guess you can use a tentative date of migration (like 7-8 months from now, if that's how long you expect would take for your file submission and EE to be processed)