+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore PCC

G0801099

Aug 14, 2018
My friend studied in Singapore from Jan 2009 to Feb 2013. He left Singapore on Feb 28, 2013. He came back again for thesis defense and collection of degree in May and November 2013, for 7 and 5 days respectively. However, the PCC that he applied for covers the stay only from Jan 2009 to Feb 2013. I guess this will lead to rejection of the PR for him. The Singapore Police force is not agreeing to issue a fresh PCC covering the entire stay (discussed over a call). What will be the best option to proceed further in this case?

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
My friend studied in Singapore from Jan 2009 to Feb 2013. He left Singapore on Feb 28, 2013. He came back again for thesis defense and collection of degree in May and November 2013, for 7 and 5 days respectively. However, the PCC that he applied for covers the stay only from Jan 2009 to Feb 2013. I guess this will lead to rejection of the PR for him. The Singapore Police force is not agreeing to issue a fresh PCC covering the entire stay (discussed over a call). What will be the best option to proceed further in this case?
they will give him PCC for that duration in which he has stayed in FIN. Any social visit is not qualified to get a PCC. I assume the last two visits are through social visit pass.
This should not be an issue in PR process. If CIC asked just explain that.

G0801099

Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for the response Munif! Unfortunately, the two visits post Feb 2013 were on the valid student visa . He had called the Singapore Police Force (SPF) regarding this issue. While the SPF clearly stated that they will not issue a new PCC, they agreed to answer any query from CIC, if required. They asked him to share their email id, just in case. I am not sure if this can be helpful??

levi201287

Aug 30, 2018
Chennai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

Need your advice on this.
  • I was living and working in Singapore form Dec 2013 till Feb 2016.
  • On 1st Oct 2015, I joined a new organization in which they sacked me after three months (on Jan 14th 2016).
  • But in my overall work experience, I did not include this experience because it portray a negative event in my career.
  • So my Singapore PCC will show that I'd lived in Singapore as mentioned above, but my job experience will show a six months gap (As I got a job only on April 2016 in India for a Different NOC 2171-which I am currently applying for).
Will this can create issues in my e-APR application?

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hi guys,

Need your advice on this.
  • I was living and working in Singapore form Dec 2013 till Feb 2016.
  • On 1st Oct 2015, I joined a new organization in which they sacked me after three months (on Jan 14th 2016).
  • But in my overall work experience, I did not include this experience because it portray a negative event in my career.
  • So my Singapore PCC will show that I'd lived in Singapore as mentioned above, but my job experience will show a six months gap (As I got a job only on April 2016 in India for a Different NOC 2171-which I am currently applying for).
Will this can create issues in my e-APR application?
There will be no issues. Show the full term in Singapore and the last 6 months as looking for another job. That's it.

levi201287

Aug 30, 2018
Chennai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
There will be no issues. Show the full term in Singapore and the last 6 months as looking for another job. That's it.
Thank you so much for your fast response. I need to highlight one thing. I was there in employment pass and i cannot say I was looking for a job in all those six months
Because when a company cancels an employment pass, Singapore gov will give a temporary one month pass, where the pass Holder can search a job within one month . He has the option to either get a job and convert the one month temp pass to an employment pass or leave the country
So I am still confused, whether it can create any discrepancy.

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Thank you so much for your fast response. I need to highlight one thing. I was there in employment pass and i cannot say I was looking for a job in all those six months
Because when a company cancels an employment pass, Singapore gov will give a temporary one month pass, where the pass Holder can search a job within one month . He has the option to either get a job and convert the one month temp pass to an employment pass or leave the country
So I am still confused, whether it can create any discrepancy.
I assume you were actually looking for a job in that 6 months, jobs in Singapore as well as in other countries. So, you are right in that way.

gaara690

Jan 23, 2018
So we recently got a COC from Singapore and on the document there is a line which says- " this is computer generated and doesn't need a signature". Does anyone know if this is how we get the letter? The reason I ask is- we got a request from IRCC asking to upload an updated original COC and since this is the only COC we have which was obtained just a month before submission. Any thoughts folks?

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
So we recently got a COC from Singapore and on the document there is a line which says- " this is computer generated and doesn't need a signature". Does anyone know if this is how we get the letter? The reason I ask is- we got a request from IRCC asking to upload an updated original COC and since this is the only COC we have which was obtained just a month before submission. Any thoughts folks?
Yes. make sure that it covers your stay in Singapore. If you have travelled to Singapore in tourist visa which does not cover in the COC, write a LOE mentioning that.
so, that means when you have submitted other docs you have not submitted Singapore....

G0801099

Aug 14, 2018
I
I too had submitted Singapore COC with the same statement "this is computer generated form and does not require any signature." Till now haven't received such a request ( AOR: September 23). May I know the date of your AOR?
Also, did your COC cover the entire duration of your stay in Singapore, including short visits?

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I
I too had submitted Singapore COC with the same statement "this is computer generated form and does not require any signature." Till now haven't received such a request ( AOR: September 23). May I know the date of your AOR?
Also, did your COC cover the entire duration of your stay in Singapore, including short visits?
AOR 12th Sep.
Short visas I have mentioned in LOE.

Jugalkothari

Jan 22, 2018
Hi I had queries regarding COC
1. When we appeal do we need to send the finger prints and then again another set of fingerprints for COC application?
2. Indian passports do not have biometrics page so what needs to be submitted in it?

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I am in same boat ... Singapore PCC but criminality passed not sure if it will change again .... security and background not started .. vo : Vancouver ...

Whats your VO ???

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
I am in same boat ... Singapore PCC but criminality passed not sure if it will change again .... security and background not started .. vo : Vancouver ...

Whats your VO ???
Did you got your pcc I am in Canada now how did you appled for pcc and how long it took for you.

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
submit your application and after that CIC will provide you a letter for Singapore PCC, using the letter submit for petition once approved you can apply for singapore pcc, the whole process took 1.5 month. 1+ month for the CIC to provide letter and then 2 weeks to complete the Singapore PCC