+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Interview Incoming! Any comments Welcome!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
That's great news! If the VO says 'congratulations', then you'll get the visa.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
Ofcourse...!!!! Celebrate!!! Congratulaionssssss!!!! :)
The PR visa is valid till her next medical expires!
and they won't say Congrats unless it's all good to go! So...relax...get ready to pick up ur wife!!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
That's marvelous! Congratulations.

The next step is for them to send her a letter to get a new medical done and submit her passport. Once you receive that, start making plans to bring your wife home!

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
WOW!

Cant believe it. The worrying is finally over. We just need to wait a little longer. I didnt want to jinx it or something!!
It feels so good to hear from you guys( a trusted source) that everything is ok! All the info i got preparing for the interview was from this forum! Dont know how i can ever repay everyone....

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Congratulations! It must feel like a tremendous weight is lifted off both of your shoulders. How wonderful that your family is going to be together very soon! Congrats again!

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
solid, congrats buddy :D so happy for u. hope mine goes the same as urs on may 12th.

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
oh did u know how long the interview last?

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
My wife told me it was 30 minutes.
* The questions they asked were very easy and i feel maybe we had some good luck or something helping us? maybe my military pass?*
Please dont use my interview as a gauge for yours because i feel my interview was different. Please take the interview very serious and practice all the questions! I would hate for my interview to mis-lead you!!!
some hints:
1. Tell your wife about edmonton or where you live, address etc.
2. Practice the questions on the forum( two sets)
3. They provide the interpreter!
4. They do a short english "quiz". (what color is my shirt?, how long is my hair?)
5. Tell the truth

GOOD LUCK MAY 12th! Make sure you let me know how you did~!

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
hey solid, thanks bro. i knwo what u mean. me and my wife have been practicing really hard questions for the last couples weeks. its been a really long wait and we miss each other soooo much, thanks goodness that this interview day is finally here, but also worry how will the interview go. i will let u know how she did. thanks again for the tips. and congrats again for u and ur wife :D

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
so my wife did the interview, and it was not good. they accused my wife of lying. they asked if my wife have any relatives in canada. my wife said 1 aunt in toronto, which was stated on the application. they said "we found out that u have 2 aunts in canada, how come u said only 1?" my wife said because i havent met the other aunt, cus she came to canada when my wife was a baby. my wife never met the other aunt, only the 1 aunt we mentioned because she visited vietnam a few times and shes the one that introduced us. we didnt think it would be a big deal. its our mistake that we put 1 aunt on the application and not 2. we totally messed this one up. so my wife says the officer doesnt seem to believe her. the officer said he will sent the application to his manager and will let us know the out come after 6 weeks.

i am freaking out rite now and my wife is really sad and cried. my wife brought 15 months of phone bills and over 50pics of us including wedding and honey moon pics. they took all those and all her documents and review them for about 10min before letting my wife into the room for interview. i dont know if they see the evidence or not. but my wife says shes got a feeling shes not gonna pass, because the officer was never smile nor friendly during interview and keeps attacking her instead.

can someone tell me the appeal procedure? how long? and what we can do? i am really freaking out rite now. this is a real marriage, we have been waiting a year for interview, and the outcome was not good.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
etownboy - PM canadianwoman for information on the appeal process.

As for your wife's interview, it's past, and nothing is going to change how it went now. The two things you can do are:

1. Pray that the manager accepts your wife's explanation. It is a very serious business to misrepresent any information on your application. I know you say she had no contact with this aunt, but the fact remains she IS in Canada, so your wife should have mentioned her, because that is what the question asked. Ignoring her existence because she has no relationship with the aunt only made you guys look like you were trying to conceal something. An error in judgement, but CIC doesn't care, misrepresentation whether intentional or not is all the same to them.

2. Prepare yourselves for the worst. It may not come to that, but that is an overly optimistic outlook, and dealing with CIC does not usually allow for such optimism. Start gathering as much information as you can about the appeal process, research representation if you didn't use a lawyer/consultant to prepare your application. And don't forget to prepare yourselves to be apart for a little while longer. Make plans to go and see your wife if her application is denied, she will need your presence to reassure her. When her initial disappointment is past, she will then be happy that you are prepared to deal with what comes next. If none of this is necessary, you have lost nothing.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
F@#$K

I am so sorry Etown! I hope your wife feels better! I cant help you because I dont know anything about appeals but I CAN pray for the best! I truly hope EVERYTHING will work out in your favour! You gotta alot of help and supoort here on the forums and I would start off by taking CharlieD's advice! If there is anything, ANYTHING I can do just let me know! Serious!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
etownboy said:
so my wife did the interview, and it was not good. they accused my wife of lying. they asked if my wife have any relatives in canada. my wife said 1 aunt in toronto, which was stated on the application. they said "we found out that u have 2 aunts in canada, how come u said only 1?"
I'm very sorry to hear the interview did not go well. Just hope that they issue the visa anyway. The problem is that they discovered one lie, and so the visa officer is going to think there are other lies that they just haven't discovered yet.
You may have to appeal. If they refuse to issue the PR visa, then the VO will send a refusal letter that will include information on how to appeal. You first send in the notice that you want to appeal within 30 days of receiving the refusal letter; the form is included with the refusal letter. Then you wait. Eventually Canada Border Services will send you your file, which includes your application, and the CAIPS notes. The CAIPS notes will show a record of what the visa officer wrote during the interview.
You will get an appeal date - it can take a year or more, depending on where you are.

The best thing to do now is to gather evidence that your relationship is genuine: just continue with your relationship and document everything. Continued contact - including visits - after a refusal is good evidence that the relationship is not just about getting into Canada.
With any luck, you will not need this further evidence, because she will get the visa.

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
thank you charlie and cdnwoman, that is a great info u gave, and i will keep that in mind. thanks solid for ur support. appreciate that.

as for now, theres not we can do. we just gotta wait 6 weeks, and see what the outcomes will be and will go on from there. thanks, guys. wish u all the best.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
etownboy said:
so my wife did the interview, and it was not good. they accused my wife of lying. they asked if my wife have any relatives in canada. my wife said 1 aunt in toronto, which was stated on the application. they said "we found out that u have 2 aunts in canada, how come u said only 1?" my wife said because i havent met the other aunt, cus she came to canada when my wife was a baby. my wife never met the other aunt, only the 1 aunt we mentioned because she visited vietnam a few times and shes the one that introduced us. we didnt think it would be a big deal. its our mistake that we put 1 aunt on the application and not 2. we totally messed this one up. so my wife says the officer doesnt seem to believe her. the officer said he will sent the application to his manager and will let us know the out come after 6 weeks.

i am freaking out rite now and my wife is really sad and cried. my wife brought 15 months of phone bills and over 50pics of us including wedding and honey moon pics. they took all those and all her documents and review them for about 10min before letting my wife into the room for interview. i dont know if they see the evidence or not. but my wife says shes got a feeling shes not gonna pass, because the officer was never smile nor friendly during interview and keeps attacking her instead.

can someone tell me the appeal procedure? how long? and what we can do? i am really freaking out rite now. this is a real marriage, we have been waiting a year for interview, and the outcome was not good.
aaaah so sorry for u, really unfortunate, if she never met her aunt, it could b that she wouldn't even know abt her, knew her address or anything; maybe some people would have relatives in Ca that they are not aware and then what, CIC would accuse them of misrepresentation? (maybe they have divorced parents, no connection with one side of the family and someone from that side immigrated to Ca but u don't know); sometimes i feel they would just take any excuse to reject someone if they really want to...but it's ok, stay strong and hopeful, don't give up until u actually know their answer; who knows maybe the manager is more understanding and open...send ur good thoughts to him/her....

hope u won't need it but just in case, this thread talks abt appeals:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-many-in-the-midst-of-the-appeal-process-t40864.0.html

good luck for both