+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Interview Incoming! Any comments Welcome!

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Hi All!
So my wife and I ( me=sponsor ) have been waiting for our interview for over 1 LONG year. The date has finally come, May 9th 2011. When I first got the letter i was so happy and wasnt worried about a thing. I was only excited to be moving closer to the finish line because this is a 100% genuine Marrige. I gathered all the evidence i could and sent it via UPS to my wife in Vietnam.

One day I felt kinda curious so i started looking around the forums and came on a topic about appeals and was lead to a site where i could view cases that were refused.( Canlii.org) OH MY GOD! Some where straight forward and some were plain crazy! Some VO/IO's were refusing cases when it was so apparent that it was genuine. ( one that sticks out in my mind was one involving a 3 year married couple with a child! and still got refused!) Most of the cases were fixed by the appeal process but according to these forums that is another LONG LONG WAIT! Oh my God!

So I have been practicing the questions with my spouse everynight, going over what she should bring, times when to get there etc...BUT what I read on the website is really getting to me. It is like they are looking for any reason to Refuse apps. I know we would win the appeal BUT another long period of waiting would be un-bearable!

Here is what I got please let me know if you have any ideas or comments. Really looking for the "experienced members" help on this one.

1. Sworn Declarations from my family (one parent and one sibling) stating the genuiness of the marriage. ( sworn in front of commisioner of oaths)
2. Phone bills showing international texts to her phone number from mine.
3. Paypal statements showing phonecard and Skype subscriptions purchases
4. Alot of photo's from all visits i made to her (3)
5. Photo copies of all vietnam visa's with entry and exit stamps
6. English school report cards and recipets
7. internet service recipts
8. Plane ticket stubs
9. Movie tickets???
10. I left her my bank card so I wouldn’t have to send money with a time delay and a cost incurred.
11. Bank withdraw statement showing withdraws from VN ABM.

BAD Things that come to mind!
1. After we were introduced we got married within a couple of weeks! ( had no choice I was in the Canadian Forces at the time and didn’t feel like going AWOL) but my good friend in the military introduced us and was the matchmaker. He told us about each other before we met. ( also he is a Military Police!!)
2. My parents or siblings did not attened wedding! ( I came alone because I didn’t know if I would marry her and brining family across the world for a maybe marriage wasn’t possible)
3. We applied for visitor visa after our wedding (Dec 22, 2008) so my family could meet my new wife but was denied
4. Stupid retard me didn’t order CAIPS notes!!! Found out about them last week and now its too late!

Any Help is VERY VERY Welcomed!

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
BUMP!
No love......

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
Hey Solid...
Relax....we really might not know the real reasons behind these cases that were refused...the members might not be revealing everything...or may be they didn't present a solid case even though the marriage is genuine ... I know how paranoid you can get reading these stories...but u know ur marriage is genuine..and u've come this far...so just prepare for the interview and look forward for the visa...!
Here is a link that might be useful..it lists a number of questions that might be asked...also take all the evidence...documents etc..The IO might not even look at it...! Best of Luck! :)

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
brin said:
Hey Solid...
Relax....we really might not know the real reasons behind these cases that were refused...the members might not be revealing everything...or may be they didn't present a solid case even though the marriage is genuine ... I know how paranoid you can get reading these stories...but u know ur marriage is genuine..and u've come this far...so just prepare for the interview and look forward for the visa...!
Here is a link that might be useful..it lists a number of questions that might be asked...also take all the evidence...documents etc..The IO might not even look at it...! Best of Luck! :)

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill
Thanks for your words of wisdom! I really appreciate your input. I will follow your advice.

Jeeyan

Apr 11, 2010
Tell her not to be nervous, the IO is gonna ask her if the marriage is fake and going to be very stern. He will be typing on a computer and asking the same question over and over. they may even call you afterwards so be ready.

Reactions: hasanemam

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Jeeyan said:
Tell her not to be nervous, the IO is gonna ask her if the marriage is fake and going to be very stern. He will be typing on a computer and asking the same question over and over. they may even call you afterwards so be ready.
He can tell her not to be nervous all he likes, she is most likely going to be nervous. An interview of any kind is a nerve-wracking thing, much less an interview that can determine the course of their relationship.

Tell her to be confident, in herself and in your relationship with each other. Go through the questions from the link with her, make sure she feels prepared to answer any of them. Remind her to do her best not to take the attitude of the IO personally, he is just doing his job, he has nothing against her as a person. Mostly just ensure she is prepared to answer difficult, intimate, or even probing questions in a calm, polite fashion.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
CharlieD10 said:
He can tell her not to be nervous all he likes, she is most likely going to be nervous. An interview of any kind is a nerve-wracking thing, much less an interview that can determine the course of their relationship.

Tell her to be confident, in herself and in your relationship with each other. Go through the questions from the link with her, make sure she feels prepared to answer any of them. Remind her to do her best not to take the attitude of the IO personally, he is just doing his job, he has nothing against her as a person. Mostly just ensure she is prepared to answer difficult, intimate, or even probing questions in a calm, polite fashion.
Awesome advice. Thanks for all your support. I know now what my wife and I must do. I will follow your directions and pray for the best.

etownboy

Feb 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
in process 26-03-2010
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Interview........
12 may 2011
Jeeyan said:
hey Jeeyan , are u speaking from experience? do they really call u afterwards? how was ur interview go? thanks.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
On top of the possible interview questions written on that website, make sure your wife knows everything that you wrote on the application. Questions can be asked about ANYTHING that you wrote on the application, so ensure she is knowledgable about anything that you wrote for the sponsor's part of the app, as well as the immigrant's part of the app.
I don't know if this is written in the webpage of questions.... but perhaps they will try and ask her silly questions like "What is your husband's favourite colour? food? What does he do on days off in Canada? etc..." The IO won't know the answer to these questions, but they will be looking for her ease in answering them. It's to judge your level of communication. If your relationship is genuine and you're constantly communicating by phone, email, etc she will know the answers to these things, because this is what "normal" couples will talk about.
So like stated before, just make sure she is confident in your relationship and she should be ready for whatever the IO will throw at her.

Good luck! I can imagine the nerves are turning inside your stomach!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I don't know if Immigration officers will call the sponsoring spouse after an interview, but perhaps it will also make you and your wife seem more united if she goes in and says something like, "My husband regrets that he is unable to be here for this interview, but is available at anytime during or after our interview if you wish to question him." and she can have your number ready to give to the immigration officer.
I doubt they'll use it because there are even cases I've heard that spouses attended the interview, waiting out in the lobby, the applicant told the IO that they were waiting outside to be interviewed, and the IO didn't even pop their head out to look at them or anything... But I think it will help to show that you are both united in your relationship.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
7 Days remaining till interview.

I felt good after some helpful people on the forum gave me good advise, and then started reading the thread about people in appeal process. BRUTAL!!!!
That is so cold blooded! And now i am really starting to worry! I am trying to stay positive! So much riding on this interview. I did alot of crazy sh*%t in my life but this is the most worried I have ever been!!!!!

If you Visa Officers read the forums, PLEASE HAVE MERCY! I WAS MARRIED DEC 22, 2008 and have been waiting so long! I SERVED OUR COUNTRY IN THE ARMED FORCES! MY MARRIAGE IS GENUINE! PLEASE LET ME BE WITH MY WIFE!

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
Hey...Good luck Solid! Do not worry...it's going to turn out just fine!

u served in the forces? I'm sure they'll hv a lot of respect for that...! It's not like any and everyone would get married for convenience and fool the Immigration! I'm sure the your background matters! So..stay positive! :)

and pls do update..when u hv the interview!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
First of all best luck for the two of you!
Your wife should be prepared to answer any kind of question regarding the application- make sure that she knows all the details on it. Also any kind of questions about your relationship, your families, your living conditions, anything basically. Be sure that she knows where you live, the name of your relatives, able to answer questions regarding the future, hers in Canada and you together as a family. Taking evidence such as photos, any proof of continous conversation from the time the application was filed, financial help, travel documents if you visited her, it can help as it gives an impression that she is well prepared. However in cases, the IO might not even look at them.
As others before me suggested, she should remain calm and answer all questions with confidence.
One thing that was missing from the previous comments is they are looking at her language skills to determine whether the two of you are able to communicate. You did not give any hints on her English, or if the interview is in English at all. If she is not confident or have a hard time to express herself under pressure, I would suggest to bring an interpreter just in case. Your wife can state at the beginning that the interpreter is there only to help her out if needed as she has a herder time to perform well when she gets nervous. It is better to lean on translation at times than ruining her chances with a poor interview.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
For outland questions,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-a-list-of-what-they-ask-in-the-interview-very-important-read-it-t12122.0.html

This is huge but helpful list of possible questions that people have been asked in the past.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Well my wife just finished her interview in the Consulate of Canada in HCMC.

At first she was so nervous. He told her " make sure you tell the truth and dont lie" She told me he was very friendly and kind.
He asked for all the evidence we brought. While reviewing that he asked her very simple questions. Much MUCH easier then what we were practicing. Before I told her to answer in english to show them that we have no problem communicating. He kept telling her "its ok answer in viet", but she told me he asked her and she kept answering in english( force of habit). So he said ok answer in english but if you dont understand use the interpreter(provided). She told me he kept re-assuring her. " dont be nervous your doing great" stuff like that. Alot of the questions about her, and only a few about me/my family.
After the interview they told her "CONGRATULATIONS! please wait 5-6 weeks for a letter to check your health" My wife told me she was so happy that she started crying right away! she told him we have been waiting so long, and everytime i left she felt so sad etc etc.. She really laid it on him. He stopped her saying " its ok! ITS OK! everything is ok! Congratulations! " I guess he didnt like to see her cry.

He didnt keep her passport or any of the documents we had. I am guessing that everything is ok.
I feel so good right now but am not quite sure if it is time to celebrate or not? Our medical was out of date so after we update it, we send the passport to them and then i can go pick her up?

Dont want to celebrate early and get any bad luck!