+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC

Ruchitk

Dec 20, 2017
Hi All,

I have a question for Singapore COC [PCC]. I was in Singapore on EP from August 2009 to December 2010 with having visited my home country for almost 2 weeks in May 2010.

Afterwards I returned to Singapore for few days in October 2013 on tourist visa.

Now in order to get PCC for Singapore I need to file an appeal as I am non-citizen. One of the questions on the appeal is period of visit. My question is should it be

August 2009 to October 2013 ? Or should it be August 2009 to December 2010 and then another appeal for the tourist visa visit.

Secondly if there is a problem with the dates in the appeal does it get rejected or do Singapore authorities correct it themselves - I believe they would have a track of our arrivals and departures.

Btw I don't a departure stamp when departed in Dec 2010 may be because I didn't surrender my EP at that time-- I wasn't sure of my plans. Is that a concern ?

Also do we get a chance to file a cover letter in which we can provide all these details ?

Thanks and Regards.

Last edited:

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
August 2009 to December 2010. SPF does not issue COC for what they call "social visits" such as those on a tourist visa.

Ruchitk

Dec 20, 2017
August 2009 to December 2010. SPF does not issue COC for what they call "social visits" such as those on a tourist visa.
First of all thanks a lot for the answer.

Do you have any idea of the answer of the 2 other questions - Departure Stamp and Cover Letter.

Thanks and Regards.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
SPF does not care about your passport stamp. They have their own records but you also get to fill in the dates you want for your COC. They may or may not use the dates you filled in.

If you want, you get a chance to provide extra info when filling in the appeal. But a cover letter sounds like an overkill that's totally unnecessary. Just keep it simple. It's a COC, not rocket science.

PV_Ganesh

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Hello @mbaleine , request your few seconds please !

I have got COC request post AOR. I was in SingPass for18 motnhs and an year after had 2 weeks business trip to Singapore. So, My COC appeal....
1. Should cover entire period of SingPass+ Business trip (Is this also fall under social trip?)
2. I cannot appeal for the business trip period?.

Thanks in advance.. Really appreciate your time...

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Hello @mbaleine , request your few seconds please !

I have got COC request post AOR. I was in SingPass for18 motnhs and an year after had 2 weeks business trip to Singapore. So, My COC appeal....
1. Should cover entire period of SingPass+ Business trip (Is this also fall under social trip?)
2. I cannot appeal for the business trip period?.

Thanks in advance.. Really appreciate your time...
You can try covering the business trip when inputting the dates. No harm trying that, right? If SPF rejects, they'll just cover the 18 months. In which case, you can email them to ask for confirmation that they do not cover social visit for COC, and show that email confirmation to CIC. It's probably not necessary, but it would probably make you feel better.

Reactions: PV_Ganesh

PV_Ganesh

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Hello @mbaleine ,
My appeal is still waiting.. Can I still go ahead for fingerprints?.... I am not sure what the situation would be next week in India.
Is there any rule that we have to take fingerprints only after appeal is approved? or we need to share Fingerprint guyys some reference?
I am ok to loose money even if my appeal is not considered, I can re-appeal and reuse the fingerprint?.

Thanks in advance for your opinion,

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Hello @mbaleine ,
My appeal is still waiting.. Can I still go ahead for fingerprints?.... I am not sure what the situation would be next week in India.
Is there any rule that we have to take fingerprints only after appeal is approved? or we need to share Fingerprint guyys some reference?
I am ok to loose money even if my appeal is not considered, I can re-appeal and reuse the fingerprint?.

Thanks in advance for your opinion,
No, you can take fingerprint beforehand. Afterwards, just wait until the appeal gets approved, then submit your actual COC application (which should go through instantly), and wait for a receipt emailed by SPF. Then send in your fingerprint along with that receipt. I did it from overseas and I thought the whole process was painfully slow (so patience may be a virtue here)..

Reactions: PV_Ganesh

PV_Ganesh

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Thank you @mbaleine for being kind to reply and share your experience.

My wife's appeal got approved in 2nd day...waiting for mine.. At any case in next day, I will get fingerprints done... I am planning to use help of a collegue in Singapore to act as proxy for me...I am sending him my approval letters,scanned. I hope that works

anmaridon

Jul 23, 2020
how and where did you process your fingerprints? Did you process it at any RCMP or commissionaries of Canada? did you do digital or you prind the fingerprint form from SPF then do the ink fingerprinting then mail it directly to Singapore cantonment? need help please

gpt1

Feb 13, 2020
First of all thanks a lot for the answer.

Do you have any idea of the answer of the 2 other questions - Departure Stamp and Cover Letter.

Thanks and Regards.
Hi

Did your coc included your social visit duration too

Alissa_PR01

Oct 13, 2023
Hello everyone, I am applying for Singapore COC and currently residing now outside the country and also a non-Singaporean. May I know what should we put in the Residential and Postal address? We wanted our friend to pick it up so please help what we can do to go ahead with this. Thanks!