+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore CoC = ITA or wait for request letter

nitin1304

Mar 12, 2020
Hello Guys,
I am not a Singapore Citizen who stayed in Singapore for roughly 4 years on EP. Now I am in Canada.
I got my ITA recently and in the list of documents, it states that I need to upload Police Certificate Singapore. I initiated the process and I have already got a request for fingerprints from SPF. However, while going through this forum today, I got to know that IRCC might just request "UPDATED CoC" based on Request letters they issue later in the process.
Now I am confused if I should go ahead with fingerprinting in Toronto and carry out the whole process or just wait till I submit my application and get those request letters.

An important consideration in my case is I am living in Canada and hence the whole process of sending mails back and forth will contribute a significant time.

Dodobujki

Jul 19, 2020
Hello Guys,
I am not a Singapore Citizen who stayed in Singapore for roughly 4 years on EP. Now I am in Canada.
I got my ITA recently and in the list of documents, it states that I need to upload Police Certificate Singapore. I initiated the process and I have already got a request for fingerprints from SPF. However, while going through this forum today, I got to know that IRCC might just request "UPDATED CoC" based on Request letters they issue later in the process.
Now I am confused if I should go ahead with fingerprinting in Toronto and carry out the whole process or just wait till I submit my application and get those request letters.

An important consideration in my case is I am living in Canada and hence the whole process of sending mails back and forth will contribute a significant time.
Hi I'm facing the same issue, can you share an update on what happened to your application and COC?

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi seniors, please help!
I'm facing the same issue.
1.Should I go ahead with my PR application without Singapore COC? Is it ok if I attach the LOE explaining that I do not need to submit Singapore PCC before CIC request for it: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html
I'm nervous that my application will be refused because it looks like Incompleted due to missing required documents :(
2. A scanned FIN is required while appealing Singapore COC? I don’t have it with me because I left Singapore 5 years ago and do not keep the FIN original card or photocopy of it. But I still remember the number ( starts with G). Can I apply with the number instead of scanned version of FIN?
Anyone please suggest, thank you so much !!

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
.Should I go ahead with my PR application without Singapore COC
If you stayed in Singapore for more than 6 months, it is mandatory to submit COC from Singapore Police Force.
(in my case) I uploaded COC document while submitting PR application.
The process/procedure is available in this forum. (i simply followed the steps given in this forum)

A scanned FIN is required while appealing Singapore COC? I don’t have it with me because I left Singapore 5 years ago and do not keep the FIN original card or photocopy of it. But I still remember the number ( starts with G). Can I apply with the number instead of scanned version of FIN?
Anyone please suggest, thank you so much !!
Your FIN number is enough. you dont need to have EP card.

You can use your ITA to show the SPF that you need COC.
SPF is aware of Canada process since they are doing this for many years.

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
If you stayed in Singapore for more than 6 months, it is mandatory to submit COC from Singapore Police Force.
(in my case) I uploaded COC document while submitting PR application.
The process/procedure is available in this forum. (i simply followed the steps given in this forum)

Your FIN number is enough. you dont need to have EP card.

You can use your ITA to show the SPF that you need COC.
SPF is aware of Canada process since they are doing this for many years.
Thank you for your response. I know it is mandatory to submit COC from Singapore because I stayed there more than 6 months. However, I'm afraid that i will not have enough time to wait for COC (my WP expires soon), if I apply using my ITA now. Thus, I'm planning to upload a letter saying that I need the request from IRCC while sending my PR application :(

May 31, 2018
You can appeal for a COC with just ITA. The process is pretty straightforward and almost effortless as Singapore has been doing this for years with the whole process can be done completely online except collection. I got mine within a week of getting ITA.

Reactions: Hanabee

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
You can appeal for a COC with just ITA. The process is pretty straightforward and almost effortless as Singapore has been doing this for years with the whole process can be done completely online except collection. I got mine within a week of getting ITA.
Thank you ^^!

Sparky001

Jun 10, 2021
Hi There!
Just checking on this thread as I’m in the same situation to apply for COC.

If I’m Applying for COC with ITA. It doesn’t include my spouse name.The ITA has been issued under my name.In this case do I need a letter from IRCC mentioning about my spouse name or I can explain this to the SPF with just ITA.

Kindly advise.

May 31, 2018
I believe you can explain to
Hi There!
Just checking on this thread as I’m in the same situation to apply for COC.

If I’m Applying for COC with ITA. It doesn’t include my spouse name.The ITA has been issued under my name.In this case do I need a letter from IRCC mentioning about my spouse name or I can explain this to the SPF with just ITA.

Kindly advise.
I think you can explain to SPF with ITA. Would be wise to include supporting document showing spousal relationship.