+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Certificate of Clearance Mailing

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Hi. . is there any EE applicant here in Singapore who can help me. I recieve a letter of request from CIC to facilitate my Certificate of Clearance here in Singapore.
As per instruction Singapore Police Force will send it directly to the visa office here in Singapore however the Singapore Police Force stop sending the Police Clearance
by mail to the Canada Visa office here.
Does anyone here experience the same thing and what did you do to send it to the Canada Visa office and make sure they recieve it.

Please help me thanks!

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
You need not send it to CIC, you should goto the office and apply. Once they issue you the certificate just scan and upload it via myCIC

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
cartwright said:
You need not send it to CIC, you should goto the office and apply. Once they issue you the certificate just scan and upload it via myCIC
Thanks for your reply. . .actually thats the logical thing to do however i am quite nervous not to follow the instruction of the website and in the OB341 that the singapore police will directly mail it to them.
Hope i end up in a good decision. . Its very hard because High Commission in Canada does not entertain query regarding those things.

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June-July 2015
archjap said:
Thanks for your reply. . .actually thats the logical thing to do however i am quite nervous not to follow the instruction of the website and in the OB341 that the singapore police will directly mail it to them.
Hope i end up in a good decision. . Its very hard because High Commission in Canada does not entertain query regarding those things.
Hi archjap,
as much as I know, SPF should mail the document to the Visa Office. Did you check with them already?

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
archjap said:
That is correct the Singapore High Commission in Canada has no jurisdiction in this process.

As per the SPF website http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

Processing time for each application is 10 working days for Singapore Citizens and 15 working days for appeal cases, factoring the time taken to process the appeal (non-Singapore Citizens).

Applicants will be informed of the date of collection on the same day when they have their fingerprint impressions taken. Applicants may collect the certificate in person or through a proxy. An authorisation letter is required for collection by proxy with a valid photo identification for verification.

For overseas applications by post, the certificates will be posted to the forwarding address as indicated by the applicants in the application. An acknowledgement receipt will be sent out once the COC office receives the application form.

They will only mail the certificate to the address you provide to them which should be your own mailing address, remember under EE CIC has stopped accepting any documents that are mailed to them hence don't risk sending something via mail to CIC.

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
irfan_ul_haque said:
Hi archjap,
as much as I know, SPF should mail the document to the Visa Office. Did you check with them already?
Yeah and they said they stop sending already because they recieved complains of not recieving and even lawsuits. . ..
Have you done your clearance already?

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
archjap said:
Yeah and they said they stop sending already because they recieved complains of not recieving and even lawsuits. . ..
Have you done your clearance already?
That's strange. Rules must have changed.

And No not yet, I am yet to receive an ITA :p
However, I wanna be prepared.

I know this other forum member from Singapore, who received the PCC from SPF and forwarded it to CIC, I checked with him, and so far his application is in process, no further notification from CIC.

I think there is no other choice than to go ahead with what the Singapore authorities are saying, infact you should write a cover letter in your defense and mention clearly and exactly what your situation is, and if possible, get it signed by the SPF authority.

All the best!

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
irfan_ul_haque said:
That's strange. Rules must have changed.

And No not yet, I am yet to receive an ITA :p
However, I wanna be prepared.

I know this other forum member from Singapore, who received the PCC from SPF and forwarded it to CIC, I checked with him, and so far his application is in process, no further notification from CIC.

I think there is no other choice than to go ahead with what the Singapore authorities are saying, infact you should write a cover letter in your defense and mention clearly and exactly what your situation is, and if possible, get it signed by the SPF authority.

All the best!
Thanks for the advise. . i hope someone in the forum can share more their experience

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
archjap said:
So i checked with a friend who just completed this process through EE and these are the steps that he followed:
1. Apply with the CIC letter and the COC form to be filled.
2. Goto SPF office at Outram Park and pay SGD $55 and get your fingerprinting done.
3. SPF sends you a message when your COC is ready to be collected.

In case you are not in Singapore you should do the following:

Applicants residing overseas may submit their application via post with the required supporting documents and a bank draft or personal cheque of SGD $ 55+5 (postage charges)(denominated in Singapore Dollar only) made payable through a financial institution with a subsidiary in Singapore for clearance. Alternatively, you may send a proxy to submit the application on your behalf with all the necessary documents.

1. Fill up the Application form (and appeal form if applicable)
2. A photo copy of applicant's valid passport (biometric page only) (Note: walk-in applicants are to bring the original documents for verification)
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs that are 3.5 cm by 4.5cm, borderless with a white background;
4. Attach the CIC letter
5. Applicants by post shall submit a set of their 10 fingerprint impressions* taken by a qualified fingerprint officer from a police establishment or an authorised office at their country of residence.
* A set of 10 fingerprint impressions refers to impressions of right and left thumbs, and 4 fingers of the right and left hands.
* A recognised authority, for example the local police establishments, embassies, notary public or justice of peace office within the jurisdiction is acceptable. Overseas applicants can get their fingerprint impressions taken by a qualified fingerprint officer from a police establishment or an authorised office such as embassies, notary public or justice of peace office in the country of residence.

Read more at links below:
http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm
http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/SPF/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=cM0gvzxS4oao43RTwYe9bgQ7cWdCsdaAOdxMoxgWRyNzP1fz%2bKcelEFxwXMjoYRJ5%2bMHiT1lZ0JG9hrh5vc0XxGHz%2bFx4w4JjkH6NPE2wg%2fktPDntnwNZ5gYaP2MM5LFMCmB%2b9MHUZ4zBiK8c2v6pKWHvNCYZOYyQtaxmikCUlqfwa%2bOboj4nuOHkTK7bq7taJbu2t6vViSmA0lQ9AmE5QWnvEMCuxgpLfG6QmgUEcU%3d#FAQ_76557

TehTarik

Sep 3, 2015
We had the request to provide the Singapore police certificates on 22nd May. We are in Singapore so could apply in person and also collected the certificates in person. We simply scanned these and uploaded them on to MyCIC (under the space for additional documents requested). We still have the original documents, in the same way we have the originals for all other documents. I do not think you need to send the original but should hold on to them as they could be checked when you finally arrive in Canada.

Our application is not approved yet but seems to be making progress.

irfan_ul_haque

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2015
LANDED..........
TehTarik said:
We had the request to provide the Singapore police certificates on 22nd May. We are in Singapore so could apply in person and also collected the certificates in person. We simply scanned these and uploaded them on to MyCIC (under the space for additional documents requested). We still have the original documents, in the same way we have the originals for all other documents. I do not think you need to send the original but should hold on to them as they could be checked when you finally arrive in Canada.

Our application is not approved yet but seems to be making progress.
Hi TehTarik,
I have a query, while uploading the COC, were you asked to input the expiry date?
If so, what did you put, rather where did you find it?
I received my COC just today but there is no mention on an expiry date or validity.

Please help.
Thanks

arora23

Dec 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Hi irfan_ul_haque,

Can you guide me on how did you upload COC in myCIC? I have few questions:

1. CIC requested for PCC of myself and my wife but there is option of only one document to be uploaded. Should I combine both and write a LOE?
2. Document Number field does not accept numbers but COC contains numbers, so how to input?
3. Issue Date if COC is in January 2016, but year 2016 itself is not present in drop down menu
4. What expiry date to be mentioned for COC, it is not mentioned on the certificate itself

Best Regards

irfan_ul_haque said:
Hi TehTarik,
I have a query, while uploading the COC, were you asked to input the expiry date?
If so, what did you put, rather where did you find it?
I received my COC just today but there is no mention on an expiry date or validity.

Please help.
Thanks

canada_hopeful

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
arora23 said:
Hi irfan_ul_haque,

Can you guide me on how did you upload COC in myCIC? I have few questions:

1. CIC requested for PCC of myself and my wife but there is option of only one document to be uploaded. Should I combine both and write a LOE?
2. Document Number field does not accept numbers but COC contains numbers, so how to input?
3. Issue Date if COC is in January 2016, but year 2016 itself is not present in drop down menu
4. What expiry date to be mentioned for COC, it is not mentioned on the certificate itself

Best Regards
hi arora23 and irfan_ul_haque, i want to revive this thread again. want to ask what did you put in the following:

Document Name: Certificate of Clearance
Document Number: what did you put here COC ######/16 OR CID/CRO/COC/######## OR Cert. No. ######???
Country of Issue: Singapore
Issue Date: Jan ##, 2016
Expiry Date: what did you put here???

arora23

Dec 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
canada_hopeful said:
hi arora23 and irfan_ul_haque, i want to revive this thread again. want to ask what did you put in the following:

Document Name: Certificate of Clearance
Document Number: what did you put here COC ######/16 OR CID/CRO/COC/######## OR Cert. No. ######???
Issue Date: Jan ##, 2016
Expiry Date: what did you put here???
Hi,
Since nobody answered by query on the forum, i attached an LOE for all the doubts i had.

Document Name: Certificate of Clearance -> ok
Document Number: what did you put here COC ######/16 OR CID/CRO/COC/######## OR Cert. No. ######??? -> COC#####
Issue Date: Jan ##, 2016 -> i used actual date of issue but year 2015 since 2016 was not in dropdown menu
Expiry Date: what did you put here??? -> 1 year expiry from date of issue

After this i haven't heard back yet from them.