+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
badz2 said:
hi guys,just received an sms that my eappeal was approved without me providing a letter from ircc...i didnt know before that i have to submit a letter..so i tried to submit my ita..a couple of days back,i got a response email for my inquiry if ita will suffice and the police dept said no..

im confused now..is it okay for me to submit the police clearance upfront on my submission of eAPR?
I don't think there's gonna be any problem in doing so as others have apparently done so too. If you're worried, get all your (other) documents ready and submit your complete application package the day you receive your COC so there's no gap.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
craigc said:
I don't think there's gonna be any problem in doing so as others have apparently done so too. If you're worried, get all your (other) documents ready and submit your complete application package the day you receive your COC so there's no gap.
i was just worried that the case officer might wonder how did i manage to get a coc without their letter of request..that's all.

i just simply attached the ita to my eappeal and i was already expecting a rejected outcome but to my surprise,it got approved without the letter from ircc.

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
badz2 said:
i was just worried that the case officer might wonder how did i manage to get a coc without their letter of request..that's all.

i just simply attached the ita to my eappeal and i was already expecting a rejected outcome but to my surprise,it got approved without the letter from ircc.
He won't. Many have done so and their applications went through without a problem.

Unless you have other family members included in your application, which would then require the letter from IRCC as it would be the only letter where all applicants are listed so you can apply COC for each and every person included in the application.

But if you're really that worried, why not schedule the appointment after your AOR (and after receiving the request letter) so there's no more problem?

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
craigc said:
He won't. Many have done so and their applications went through without a problem.

Unless you have other family members included in your application, which would then require the letter from IRCC as it would be the only letter where all applicants are listed so you can apply COC for each and every person included in the application.

But if you're really that worried, why not schedule the appointment after your AOR (and after receiving the request letter) so there's no more problem?
thanks for your input..anyway,im sure this i s not the first time this thing happened. im just now waiting for the sms telling me to schedule for fingerprinting.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
badz2 said:
hi guys,just received an sms that my eappeal was approved without me providing a letter from ircc...i didnt know before that i have to submit a letter..so i tried to submit my ita..a couple of days back,i got a response email for my inquiry if ita will suffice and the police dept said no..

im confused now..is it okay for me to submit the police clearance upfront on my submission of eAPR?

I think that if you can get your COC before you submit, you can just upload it upfront. Think about it, it lessens your application process time and IRCC can review it straight away without having to put your process on hold. Its a good thing. :)

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SGtoCAD said:
I think that if you can get your COC before you submit, you can just upload it upfront. Think about it, it lessens your application process time and IRCC can review it straight away without having to put your process on hold. Its a good thing. :)
that's what i was thinking as well..do you think it is best to include it in LOE on how i got coc before they have requested it?

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
badz2 said:
that's what i was thinking as well..do you think it is best to include it in LOE on how i got coc before they have requested it?
I feel its not required. I believe IRCC knows SPF is legit and has its own reasons to furnish or not furnish COCs to applicants. Like what craigc says, its usually only a problem for accompanying spouse and family members as the ITA does not include their names.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SGtoCAD said:
I feel its not required. I believe IRCC knows SPF is legit and has its own reasons to furnish or not furnish COCs to applicants. Like what craigc says, its usually only a problem for accompanying spouse and family members as the ITA does not include their names.
thanks for the input. :)

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
SGtoCAD said:
Hey ,

Did you receive the police clearance Certificate ? Were you able to get one for your spouse ?

My appeal got rejected. Now I need to get the official letter from CIC with both our names(myself and spouse).

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
rak89 said:
Hey ,

Did you receive the police clearance Certificate ? Were you able to get one for your spouse ?

My appeal got rejected. Now I need to get the official letter from CIC with both our names(myself and spouse).
Mine was approved just with the ITA alone since it has my name. But for my spouse i have 2 choices. He just created a profile in EE with CRS of 454, I can wait for him to recieve ITA in his name and apply with that( the next draw is probably tonight SG time) or i can submit my application stating that im requesting an official letter from IRCC for SPF police cert for my spouse. Will update once i manage to FINALLY get my spouse's appeal approved. :D im not giving up that easily

craigc

Nov 26, 2016
SGtoCAD said:
I agree. I tend to think the clause IRCC gives is more of a leniency clause based on the fact "SPF doesn't typically issue COC w/o supporting material" and allow applicant to submit the documents prior to getting the COC. They would be more than happy to accept an application where the COC is included w/o their extra work.

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hi All Seniors,

Please help to answer my below query:

'I got PPR request on 02-Mar-2017. I submitted passport to VFS Singapore on 6th Mar. Still my profile in CIC shows 'Your action is required'.

Do i need to upload something in CIC profile. passport scan copy etc??

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
sam1181 said:
Hi All Seniors,

'I got PPR request on 02-Mar-2017. I submitted passport to VFS Singapore on 6th Mar. Still my profile in CIC shows 'Your action is required'.

Click on "view submitted application" button at the bottom, you should see a place to upload some additional documentation.

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
mars_m said:
Click on "view submitted application" button at the bottom, you should see a place to upload some additional documentation.

Thanks for the info.

I re-checked myCIC. It says to upload passport and digital photos for principal applicant only till 01Apr2017.

However in the PPR letter, they clearly mentioned "You do not need to upload copies of your passport(s) and photos to your MyCIC account."

What shall we do?

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
sam1181 said:
Hi All Seniors,

Hey Sam ,

Do you mind sharing your timeline ?

Regards ,
Rakesh