+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jammin24 said:
While submitting your application, there will be a slot for police certificates. Instead of the Singapore PCC, you need to upload a statement saying that you're applying for a country that requires an official request from CIC. This was mine:

To:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Nov. 7, 2016

Re: Singapore police report

I am applying from a country (Singapore) that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.

Regards,

Your name

thanks for this..now i get it,we have to submit our application before applying for an appeal as we need to request a formal letter from IRCC.

btw,how long after i have submitted my eAPR will i receive an update/letter for the COC ?

adichourasiya

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Nov[CIC]
Nomination.....
12 Oct[OPNP]
AOR Received.
2 Nov[CIC]
Med's Done....
10 nov
Hi guys,
I have submitted my passport at vfs on 6th March, my processing office is ndvo but since I'm in Thailand my passport will go to Singapore high commission.
any idea how much time Singapore office might take? I really need passport for identification and emergency need.

Palos_26

Aug 25, 2016
Visa Office......
no idea
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2016
Doc's Request.
27-Jun-2016
Nomination.....
25-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
12-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
01-Oct-2016
Interview........
not applicable
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
adichourasiya said:
Hi guys,
I have submitted my passport at vfs on 6th March, my processing office is ndvo but since I'm in Thailand my passport will go to Singapore high commission.
any idea how much time Singapore office might take? I really need passport for identification and emergency need.
Same here sent to VFS on 6th March and understand from them that it may take min 1week up to 1month.

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
badz2 said:
hello guys,for those who submitted their eappeal to get the coc,did you submit a formal letter from IRCC that a police clearance is required? i just received an email from the police here in sg that ITA is not sufficient.

any email address to send to IRCC?

please help.
Having the same issue

123pinoy

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2016
AOR Received.
04-Aug-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Done....
01-Jul-2016
i got my Visa on Hand on March 9.. Praise the Lord!!! Submitted my Passport on Feb 21 :)

Palos_26

Aug 25, 2016
Visa Office......
no idea
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2016
Doc's Request.
27-Jun-2016
Nomination.....
25-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
12-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
01-Oct-2016
Interview........
not applicable
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
123pinoy said:
i got my Visa on Hand on March 9.. Praise the Lord!!! Submitted my Passport on Feb 21 :)
Hi Pinoy123Kid,

So I guess the trend in Singapore for passport return is approx. 2~3 weeks. If you mind, please advise validity of the visa. Is it 1 year of your medical or more than that?

Thanks kabayan mabuhay ka!

shana_kabir

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2016
Doc's Request.
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Request
Re do: 18-02-2017
Med's Done....
18-02-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2017( submitted: 14-03-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2017, received: 12-04-2017
LANDED..........
INSHAALLAH SOON( MAY APPRx.)
ATLAST IT'S PPR...ALHAMDULILLAH!!!!

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all,

I am trying to add my spouse to my application after AoR but I am getting very unhelpful responses from singapore VO. We got married after AoR.

They are asking for a bunch of forms and documents from me but:
1. They never specify how I am supposed to provide those documents to them. By mail?By e-mail? Through my EE account?
2. They never formally acknowledge that they have received my request to add my spouse. They had asked for a signed letter from me to detail the changes I am requesting but never acknowledged they received it.
3. They never gave clear instructions on when and how to pay the fees for my spouse.

Anyone else did this before from singapore VO? What is the correct process like?
Talking to them over email is agonizingly slow because they only reply once in 24 hours or more. Most of the time the information is contradictory. :(

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rak89 said:
Having the same issue
I already answered this. You need to wait for a request letter from CIC, which lists everyone on your application. Why do you post questions if you're just going to dismiss the answers of people who've gone through this and are trying to help?

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
badz2 said:
thanks for this..now i get it,we have to submit our application before applying for an appeal as we need to request a formal letter from IRCC.

btw,how long after i have submitted my eAPR will i receive an update/letter for the COC ?
I submitted my application on Nov. 8, got the letter for SG police certificate on Nov. 21.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jammin24 said:
I submitted my application on Nov. 8, got the letter for SG police certificate on Nov. 21.
will the cic acknowledge your request for an official letter?did you put the letter on loe area or in the police clearance section?

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
badz2 said:
will the cic acknowledge your request for an official letter?did you put the letter on loe area or in the police clearance section?
I put it in the PCC section. They won't send a separate acknowledgement for that.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
jammin24 said:
I put it in the PCC section. They won't send a separate acknowledgement for that.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp
Oh wow they updated this about 2 months back only. Did not realise that. Me being the main applicant, my request was approved, however for my spouse it was rejected since it did not include his name. Anyways thanks for the info! Really helps :)

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,just received an sms that my eappeal was approved without me providing a letter from ircc...i didnt know before that i have to submit a letter..so i tried to submit my ita..a couple of days back,i got a response email for my inquiry if ita will suffice and the police dept said no..

im confused now..is it okay for me to submit the police clearance upfront on my submission of eAPR?