+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

littlejoshua

Nov 1, 2016
Andology said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Certificate of Clearance (CoC) for Singapore. I have 2 periods of stay in Singapore, one from 2008 to 2009, another from 2014 to present. I heard that Singapore CoC will only list the most recent period of stay, which means that the CoC will not cover all my stay in Singapore. I know IRCC is very strict on police certificate covering all the adress history since 18 years old.

What should I do in my situation? ???
You can bring all supporting documents to Singapore Police HQ for CoC. Discuss with them at the counter or via phone call before you go there.

Andology

Mar 8, 2015
littlejoshua said:
You can bring all supporting documents to Singapore Police HQ for CoC. Discuss with them at the counter or via phone call before you go there.
Thanks for your reply. What I am afraid is that there is no more walk-in application, and only online application. I will give them a call. Hope to hear someone who have the same issue also.

littlejoshua

Nov 1, 2016
Andology said:
Thanks for your reply. What I am afraid is that there is no more walk-in application, and only online application. I will give them a call. Hope to hear someone who have the same issue also.
Oh, I went there in May for mine CoC. Didn't know they change policy...

lannguyen

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
littlejoshua said:
I'm waiting too. Based on previous stats, from 8 days to 1 months... so really hard to predict.
Are you a single applicant? I have only myself, I hope they return my passport next week as I have a traveling plan that's made months ago. Or else I have to cancel everything :mad:

littlejoshua

Nov 1, 2016
lannguyen said:
Are you a single applicant? I have only myself, I hope they return my passport next week as I have a traveling plan that's made months ago. Or else I have to cancel everything :mad:
I applied together with my wife. Because I don't have my passport now, just miss an overseas business trip...

gpts

Nov 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and have few questions that hopefully someone could give a light.

1. Can we use our CPF alone as our POF?
2. I passed the IELTS Academic, will cic accept the results or should I take IELTS GT?

Thanks for your help!

dec09mommy

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gpts said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and have few questions that hopefully someone could give a light.

2. I passed the IELTS Academic, will cic accept the results or should I take IELTS GT?

Thanks for your help!

- Some province accepts this when applying provincial nomination. However, at CIC level, there were known cases that SGVO refused and asked for liquid funds like savings.

-Canada only accepts IELTS General Training

carbonchemist

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
Anyone applied for the Singapore COC via the online portal recently? Do you know how long it takes to get the Appeal approved? (so that I can go ahead and apply for the COC).

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
carbonchemist said:
Anyone applied for the Singapore COC via the online portal recently? Do you know how long it takes to get the Appeal approved? (so that I can go ahead and apply for the COC).
A friend of mine did recently said took 10 days to get appeal approved before he could actually apply.

It also IMO depends on their workload and case to case basis.

carbonchemist

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
MrTee said:
A friend of mine did recently said took 10 days to get appeal approved before he could actually apply.

It also IMO depends on their workload and case to case basis.
Thanks. How about the processing time after submission of application for COC?

creation7

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP: 08-04-2016
AOR Received.
EE AOR: 01-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passed: 04-05-2016
garrysober said:
how is the processing time for SGVO now, have they improved?
Those who had been promised to hear news in 6 weeks time, still haven't heard anything. It's been 6 weeks since they received the letter. Hopefully PPR will flood today for all those who are waiting for more than 6 months.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
creation7 said:
Those who had been promised to hear news in 6 weeks time, still haven't heard anything. It's been 6 weeks since they received the letter. Hopefully PPR will flood today for all those who are waiting for more than 6 months.
No hope this week. Today's sgvo office our is already over.

chansubas

Jan 30, 2016
creation7 said:

I'm also applicants from SG and waiting for update after 6 weeks time. It's already 8 weeks from the date i received similar email.

Any updates from SGVO after 6 weeks time?