+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel you mate, I honestly feel you. Test of patience it is for SGVO candidates.

collarcork said:
I found this thread on the FSW section: fsw-2014-singapore-visa-office-lets-connect-here

Somehow changed my perspective. I'll just check my CIC profile regularly around Aug/Sept (I'm March AOR). I have the impression there's a very long queue ahead us ::)

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
littlemissmermaid said:
For POF, i submitted a bank statement and my CPF. I paid the rprf upfront.
I'm not exactly sure what is Schedule A (so sorry!), the only additional document that cic asked from me was the sg police clearance. hope this helped!
Hi,

Can I know whether u show the full amount as per your family size in bank statement or a percentage of it and rest through cpf?

If yes, how much percentage u show through bank statement?

I'm worried abt pof now bcoz I only hav cpf now. I'm thinking now to have some bank statements as well but not sure whether I need to show full amount as per my family size or a portion of it?

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
littlemissmermaid said:
For POF, i submitted a bank statement and my CPF. I paid the rprf upfront.
I'm not exactly sure what is Schedule A (so sorry!), the only additional document that cic asked from me was the sg police clearance. hope this helped!
Thanks littlemissmermaid for the reply.

Also would like to ask whether u showed full amount as per ur family size in bank statement or a portion of it and rest through cpf?

littlemissmermaid

Feb 28, 2016
thadichikutty said:
Hi,

Can I know whether u show the full amount as per your family size in bank statement or a percentage of it and rest through cpf?

If yes, how much percentage u show through bank statement?

I'm worried abt pof now bcoz I only hav cpf now. I'm thinking now to have some bank statements as well but not sure whether I need to show full amount as per my family size or a portion of it?
i'm single so whatever was in my bank account during that time (when I submitted my application) was all there was to it, so basically it was just my salary money, haha. i think that since i'm the only one applying, they might have accepted my bank statement and cpf as enough to last me enough to survive in canada. :)

for families, however, they might be more strict. i believe the cic listed how much money you should have for your POF regarding family size (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp), so I think that you should at least have enough funds to show cic that you do have the means to support the whole family once you are in canada. i'm not an expert on this but i would say, show documents (e.g. bank statements, cpf, etc.) that will fully support your claim that you have the money with you, just to be on the safe side. i probably wouldn't think about percentages - think about how the amount of money in your POF meets cic requirements.

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
hi littlemissmermaid,

Thanks for your reply.

Also would like to check with u that if I do a balance transfer using a credit card to my bank account, any idea it may reject considering it as a loan or they just checking my bank statement only?

Any idea?

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
kurtrules said:
Thanks RKCK. Then I will also attempt to obtain the CoC before hand.

I had one more question if you could assist with. I modified a couple of fields like the city where I completed my degree from, as it was errornously filled when We got the ITA. Also, I did not mention my college name only the university name as the degrees were provided by the university. Approved by WES. So I added the college name as well. Would an LOE explaining these 2 changes suffice when we submit our form?
Before submitting the application, you have a chance to correct the details you had entered. However your points should not reduce with the changes.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Thanks. If I change, then do I have to provide a LOE?

I aske because I am also thinking of removing my work history which Inhad earlier mentioned before the ITA. No points obtained from it. But can I do that after the ITA ? I am not able to obtain any of the reference letters. My organizations have simply refused!

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
kurtrules said:
Thanks. If I change, then do I have to provide a LOE?

I aske because I am also thinking of removing my work history which Inhad earlier mentioned before the ITA. No points obtained from it. But can I do that after the ITA ? I am not able to obtain any of the reference letters. My organizations have simply refused!
If you are not claiming points for your work experience then you can remove then from your profile. You needn't provide an LOE if you make any changes that do not affect the points.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Thank you RKCK. I will go ahead and remove the entire work history from my profile. But I will keep it in my personal history.

littlemissmermaid

Feb 28, 2016
thadichikutty said:
hi littlemissmermaid,

Thanks for your reply.

Also would like to check with u that if I do a balance transfer using a credit card to my bank account, any idea it may reject considering it as a loan or they just checking my bank statement only?

Any idea?
the bank statement is actually an account summary, so the details that will be included will only be the (1) opening date of the bank account and (2) the current balance of that account.
it won't show a detailed transaction history. nevertheless, you can check with your bank if the transactions will be reflected on your account statements, just to be sure.

kmjcad

Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all,

just received request for photos & passports to be sent! many thanks to everyone here who has wished well and shared their experiences-- it's been invaluable.

I am Outland PNP-
Dec 04- ITA
Jan 07- AOR
May 17- Request photos & passports
Visa Office- Singapore

**131 days between submission & PPR

kmjcad

Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again,

We have to submit all documents to VFS by June 17- they have stated in the letter they can take up to 30 days after submitting to return passports- small issue: we are travelling out for a week June 10th meaning by 9th we need out passports back-- only return to Singapore June 18, so cannot submit after the trip either--

1) past applicants, how long did VFS take to return your passports with COPR please?
2) any other suggestion? they did not provide any contact on the PPR letter so i cant email them or anything...

thanks

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
kmjcad said:
Hi again,

We have to submit all documents to VFS by June 17- they have stated in the letter they can take up to 30 days after submitting to return passports- small issue: we are travelling out for a week June 10th meaning by 9th we need out passports back-- only return to Singapore June 18, so cannot submit after the trip either--

1) past applicants, how long did VFS take to return your passports with COPR please?
2) any other suggestion? they did not provide any contact on the PPR letter so i cant email them or anything...

thanks
Someone recently got it 12 days. I don't remember which thread I had seen it but I analyzed the dates :)

Also, did they ask you to deposit the passports in VFS or did they also give you an option to courier it? From my experience with tourist visa, VFS can note your travel dates for the officer to process your file quickly if required. They returned my passport after stamping the tourist visa in 3 days, including a weekend.

Dj Dj

Jun 30, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Request
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
kmjcad said:
hi all,

just received request for photos & passports to be sent! many thanks to everyone here who has wished well and shared their experiences-- it's been invaluable.

I am Outland PNP-
Dec 04- ITA
Jan 07- AOR
Visa Office- Singapore

Congratulations. Some movement after a long period. Can u please share ur timeline and country of residence??

junexna

Aug 22, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
Nomination.....
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016 Passed
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
waiting; we got it!
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Time
LANDED..........
In God's Time
kmjcad said:
hi all,

I am Outland PNP-
Dec 04- ITA
Jan 07- AOR
Visa Office- Singapore

Hi Kmjcad

May I know what POF did you submit? I only have CPF as PoF thats why I asked.

SINP EE PNP - Mar 19, 2016
ITA - Apr 6, 2016
AOR - May 3, 2016
Meds Passed - May 6, 2016
BG check - waiting
PPR - waiting