+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore applicants for Express Entry - Plz network here to share the ideas

collarcork

Feb 27, 2016
Looks like we're in for a long wait. I was looking at the March 2016 AOR thread and can't help but feel envious of those who got their PPR's in less than 40 days. :-X

I think the processing time is largely a function of the visa office. I hope applicants in Singapore get to be more active here and not just the <Month> AOR threads :)

littlemissmermaid

Feb 28, 2016
kmjcad said:
Hello all!

lots of quick movement right after AOR on Jan 7 for me and then from Jan 11, completely silent. ???

Interesting to read SGVO takes 5 months.... any reason you say this pls? I have been on tenterhooks since Jan....

Good luck to all of us!
my application was like that too - medicals and pc request were very fast (i submitted my application in november last year). after that, complete and utter silence for 4 months. haha. when my application hit the 5th month mark, it became alive again. i got an update in my cic account and then a few days later, received my ppr.

try not to compare your application with others who received their ppr's quite fast - all applications are considered case-to-case basis and at the end of the day, you can't really do anything but wait. i've also wondered how cic process the applications (by reading forums) but just got frustrated. lol. you've done your part - let cic do theirs. based on experience, i would advise you to have lots and lots of patience. :)

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
littlemissmermaid said:
my application was like that too - medicals and pc request were very fast (i submitted my application in november last year). after that, complete and utter silence for 4 months. haha. when my application hit the 5th month mark, it became alive again. i got an update in my cic account and then a few days later, received my ppr.

try not to compare your application with others who received their ppr's quite fast - all applications are considered case-to-case basis and at the end of the day, you can't really do anything but wait. i've also wondered how cic process the applications (by reading forums) but just got frustrated. lol. you've done your part - let cic do theirs. based on experience, i would advise you to have lots and lots of patience. :)
great to know, thanks!

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do share your sentiment. Coz at the end of the day, it's the local VOs which process our applications.

Even if others say that their processing is very fast like 1 or 2 months, but (just for illustration purposes, not necessarily true) from London VO, then it doesn't concern us. Nor if people say that (just for illustration purposes, not necessarily true) Abu Dhabi VO takes longer than 8 months, it still doesn't affect us.

Coz SGVO is independent from other local VOs.

collarcork said:
Looks like we're in for a long wait. I was looking at the March 2016 AOR thread and can't help but feel envious of those who got their PPR's in less than 40 days. :-X

I think the processing time is largely a function of the visa office. I hope applicants in Singapore get to be more active here and not just the <Month> AOR threads :)

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
&lt;br&gt;Express Entry (Point: 392), &lt;br&gt;Applied under SINP EE &lt;br&gt;In Process 30-06-2015&lt;br&gt; After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
My file was transferred to SGVO on 23 Oct and they first touched my file on 16 Nov 15. Since then no update :(

Emailed them and just got reply that it's under process and wait... ... ...

Next week, I am gonna touch 7 months of waiting

dec09mommy

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I am 19-Apr AOR and my timeline is in my signature. I think waiting game starts for me now since I just got our medicals passed today and sched4 request the other day. I heard that applicants from sg experience a little slowness in the process currently. I hope they get less workload now and prioritize our apps for PPR soon. :)

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone here who applied for FBI PCC from Singapore?

annpotpot

Dec 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 13 2016
Hi All,

My file was processed by SGVO. For those people who were asking about CPF as POF:

We received a call from SGVO saying that the CPF is not acceptable as POF, so we were advised to submit bank statements to show them that we have enough money. We submitted bank statements and also a Letter of Explanation stating our plans about our CPF and PR renouncement. We also provided screenshots of the processing times for CPF withdrawal.

There is another person from SG that emailed the Visa Office asking about it and got a reply that CPF is an acceptable POF. So I am guessing it really depends on the Visa Officer looking and processing your application.

My advise is, to provide a letter of explanation about your plans of withdrawing your CPF and provide proof that you will be able to get the money very fast.

All the Best!

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do we get the fingerprints in livescan? I live in Singapore

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
ldrbjp said:
How do we get the fingerprints in livescan? I live in Singapore
I'm not sure about livescan but you can go to the Police Cantonment at Outram and get it done for a nominal fee.

RachelRichard

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Hi all,

May i know how many months we can get PPR after AOR?.I am residing here in SG and awaiting for PPR.

Thanks in advance.

Hoping for a positive reply

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my timelines in my signature, so i'm now at around 5.5 months. but zero activity since dec 2015 when my file was transferred to SGVO, even though due date was jan 2016, according to my GCMS notes.

recent trends show that you get PPR after 5 or 6 months since AOR for SGVO applications, at least two candidates have experienced this just last week.

RachelRichard said:
Hi all,

May i know how many months we can get PPR after AOR?.I am residing here in SG and awaiting for PPR.

Thanks in advance.

Hoping for a positive reply

kmjcad

Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SGVO appears to be dreadfully slow--- there are late Jan AOR cases getting PPR this week, all New Delhi, Manila, London visa offices-- sigh for us....