Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
I can not believe a 28 month processing time for Singapore Visa office! Who's working over there? Anyone? Love to have a job there. You would never be layoff with that many application forms.
Love to hear from some of you with an application from Vietnam / Singapore Visa Office. 8)

1. Your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/07/16.
2. Decision Made - You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing August 15, 2013.
3. Medical results have been received. ( Test was done in May 2013)
4. Application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/08/26.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Hello

Here are a couple of other threads that you might want to check out

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/our-singapore-timeline-vietnamese-wife-t72878.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.0.html

Hang on for the roller coaster ride of the Singapore Visa Office :)

M

mikeymyke

It doesn't take 28 months if your application is solid and relationship background strong. There are quite a few Singapore VO members already who got their spouses PRs within 7-8 months. If you have red flags or missing documents, or have interview, expect 28 months.

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mikeymyke said:
It doesn't take 28 months if your application is solid and relationship background strong. There are quite a few Singapore VO members already who got their spouses PRs within 7-8 months. If you have red flags or missing documents, or have interview, expect 28 months.
Hello, can u please share with me how we know if somebody has red flags? does it include in gmcs notes? thanks...

M

mikeymyke

Littestar said:
Hello, can u please share with me how we know if somebody has red flags? does it include in gmcs notes? thanks...
Yes GCMS notes can sometimes point out red flags during the relationship evaluation stage, such as "Lots of pictures of couples, but they do not look compatible", "Parents of both partners did not attend wedding", etc.

Even not in GCMS notes, red flags include large age difference, applicant had numerous attempts to visit canada, or was a refugee claimant, large education/cultural difference, quick meeting/proposal/marriage, etc.

Nazmus

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-07-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2014
LANDED..........
24-09-2014
mikeymyke said:
I really hope and pray that what you are saying is true. In your opinion what is a strong background? Let me share my case, I got married in july 2008, have a son with my wife, who turns 4 in december, got the Canadian citizenship and passport. Marriage was arranged and both the parents with tons of relative attended the engagement, wedding, reception etc. We submitted pics of honeymoon, anniversaries, son's birthday and many others. File is sitting at SVO since July 29th, 2013. If you are right about 7-8 months, we should be receiving a mail soon with all the supporting documents and SVO asking for passport. What you say?

hoahager

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
05-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
27-11-2014
Passport Req..
Hope soon
Nazmus said:
I really hope and pray that what you are saying is true. In your opinion what is a strong background? Let me share my case, I got married in july 2008, have a son with my wife, who turns 4 in december, got the Canadian citizenship and passport. Marriage was arranged and both the parents with tons of relative attended the engagement, wedding, reception etc. We submitted pics of honeymoon, anniversaries, son's birthday and many others. File is sitting at SVO since July 29th, 2013. If you are right about 7-8 months, we should be receiving a mail soon with all the supporting documents and SVO asking for passport. What you say?
Hi Nazmus,

Your application is really strong that I ever know. I think you will have good news " in process" in next 3-4 months. It's unlucky because strike started from Jul to end Sep 2013 so all documents should be slower 3-4 months. Your file is only 4 months, it's so soon for them to review and process immediately after strike because there are many other documents are in queue.

Nazmus

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-07-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2014
LANDED..........
24-09-2014
Hoahager,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I am very confident with my application as well. It's just the slow movement in SVO is frustrating. Anyways, wish all the best to all of us.

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Re: Singapore – Vietnam - July 2013 application - DECISION MADE

Thank you to all the members here for sharing their experiences with me. It's definitely a roller coaster ride at the Singapore Visa Office. The whole process is a roller coaster ride if you ask me. At the beginning of the process, it seems in no time at all I will be seeing my love one very shortly. After 2 months into the game, that excitement kind of faded for me. There is quote way back in my English class that I remember, and also in the movies that said “absence makes the heart grow fonder”, but I think “distance keeps the heart grow fonder”. But you know what, there is some truth to that saying. :p

I am almost 5 months in to the waiting game now. The processing time and update you had at the beginning is no longer looking the way you had anticipated. You keep checking, and nothing has change. At this point, the only thing that keeps your insanity intact is to do some indepth reading on the website of the explanation they provided to describe the status of your application. I assume that's how many of you keep yourself entertain when you log in the website everyday.

I definitely think the whole immigration processing system is in need of a big overhaul. The stress that they put on people with the best of intention can easily exhaust them out. The emotion that you had at the beginning of being patience can quickly change into frustration, eventually anger. :mad:

Some members here mention 6-8 months without any delay in processing time is normal. I am not sure if anyone agrees with me or not, but NO GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD HAS THE RIGHTS OF KEEPING ANYONE AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILY FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME LET ALONE POSTING A TIME LINE OF 28 MONTHS IS BEING A NORMAL AND ADEQUATE PROCESSING WAIT TIME!

A small change that I like and hope to see one day is that Citizenship and Immigration Canada can put more stages in rather than just 3 stages with many points that tells you nothing, but leaves you wondering on their decision making process. I am sure the people in Ottawa have their reason for doing the 3-4 stages information status, but PLEASE, NOT at the expense of the applicant with the best of intention to re-unite with their love ones.

I certainly would welcome a once a month update on the status of my application. After reading many sad posts of people longing for their love ones and waiting in the uncertainty when they will finally be united again with their love ones got me to believe that changes is definitely needed to the processing system. They certainly can do no harm to give people some reassurance that their application is well being look after and not just another number on the application forms. I WANT THE PEOPLE IN OTTAWA WHO STUMBLE UPON THIS SITE TO KNOW THAT EVERY PIECE OF APPLICATION PAPER IN THE SYSTEM IS JUST NOT ANOTHER NUBMER. IT IS PEOPLE LIVES THEY ARE DEALING WITH AND THAT THEY SHOULD TREAT IT AS SUCH! Believe me, I think it will do wonders to peoples mind and emotions when they are being inform on a regular basis.

The analogy I can give you with the update of status of the immigration system is kind of like your good buddy calling you to tell you they are coming over to pick you up at your house to go out for the night. After getting off the phone, the only information they gave you is that they are coming over to your house to pick you up to go out. You are so excited the moment you got off the phone. You quickly race to your room to get dress and have your hair done and whatever else you need to do before going out. An hour and a half later, you are still at home waiting for your friend to come over and pick you up. That is how I feel at this point that is taking place with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am waiting for that friend to give me some updates why they are taking so long to get to my house because my attempts to contact them on the phone call goes directly to their voice mail.

There is nothing worse than not knowing where your friend is while you wait for them. In other word, the wait becomes much more agonizing and a lot longer. Through all those moments, you run through your thoughts of the worse scenario in which you hope didn't happen and that your friend is just late and some how they will be here soon. However, if Citizenship and Immigration Canada is like your friend, they will tell you they are leaving their house now. At which point you can anticipate the distance it takes for them to get to your house. Once on the road, they update you that they are stopping at a certain street corner to pick up your other friends, get gas, money...etc. You will know with some certainly that at some point they will arrive at your house to pick you up, rather than your best guess as to when they are arriving.

That's what I hope to see change for the new applicant one day when they sponsor their love ones over. To see clearly and transparently the information at many stages instead of 3 point “decision status”. It is much more of an enduring wait. I hope someone in Ottawa is reading this post will make a kind note of this.

Nazmus

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-07-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2014
LANDED..........
24-09-2014
vietnam2013,
Thanks for your writing. In that you have spoken so many of ours words. But unfortunately governments don't care about the general people. People are to work and work and pay them tax, as we all are just tax slaves. We are ruled by Pharoahs.

Nazmus

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-07-2013
Med's Request
08-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2014
LANDED..........
24-09-2014
Another week went by. Any update on anyones file?

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys, one question side track, I am checking for one-way ticket HCM-Paris-Montreal, the agent where my hubby bought ticket dont sell one-way ticket :-(. Any one know which agent have one-way ticket as I check with Vn agents, the price is so high :-(((? Any advice please. Thank you in advance!

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
I don’t believe there is much bargaining power for 1 way ticket. Would it not be more cost efficient to buy a ticket from here rather than in HCM? At least you have some insurance and consumer protection if you were to book it in Canada. Take a look Cathay Pacific. They have 2 flights going out of HCM everyday. You may have better luck with them. The only thing is that they land in Toronto, so you made have to take a shuttle flight back up to Montreal. I just did a search on it $800 from HCM to Toronto if you want to fly out on Friday the 13 of December. That’s if you are comfortable flying on that particular date. :eek:

Littestar

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-2011
Med's Request
01-2012
Interview........
Recommend passed
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Vietnam2013 said:
I don't believe there is much bargaining power for 1 way ticket. Would it not be more cost efficient to buy a ticket from here rather than in HCM? At least you have some insurance and consumer protection if you were to book it in Canada. Take a look Cathay Pacific. They have 2 flights going out of HCM everyday. You may have better luck with them. The only thing is that they land in Toronto, so you made have to take a shuttle flight back up to Montreal. I just did a search on it $800 from HCM to Toronto if you want to fly out on Friday the 13 of December. That's if you are comfortable flying on that particular date. :eek:
Thanks 4 ur advice. actually, I wanted to book the ticket with the agent in Canada, unfortunately the agent I knew dont offer oneway ticket. The thing is my hubby already bought the ticket with the routine Montreal-Paris-Hcm, so in order for us to go back together, I will need to buy ticket with the same routine. It seems difficult for agents in Vn to find that kind of ticket... Keep searching...