+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN while on Implied Status?

icantskate

Jan 27, 2015
Hello,

I'm on implied status between two work permits (my new one should be ready by mid September if the wait times are to be believed). I have a really amazing opportunity to interview for my dream job but they would like me to start as soon as possible, and I don't think I can change employment while on Implied Status because my SIN is inactive.

Is it possible to have a SIN activated while on Implied Status, waiting for a work permit? I tried calling Service Canada and the SIN information line and have not been given any useful information.

I just want to know if it's worth going to Service Canada with all of my papers in the hopes that I can have a temporary SIN issued while I wait for my work permit, or if they're going to turn me away.

Thanks!

TorontoFox

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 24, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jun 8, 2016
Nomination.....
OWP RECEIVED APRIL 29TH 2016
AOR Received.
Jun 29, 2016
Med's Request
Aug 9, 2016
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2016
Interview........
Oct 4, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2016
icantskate said:
Hello,

I'm on implied status between two work permits (my new one should be ready by mid September if the wait times are to be believed). I have a really amazing opportunity to interview for my dream job but they would like me to start as soon as possible, and I don't think I can change employment while on Implied Status because my SIN is inactive.

Is it possible to have a SIN activated while on Implied Status, waiting for a work permit? I tried calling Service Canada and the SIN information line and have not been given any useful information.

I just want to know if it's worth going to Service Canada with all of my papers in the hopes that I can have a temporary SIN issued while I wait for my work permit, or if they're going to turn me away.

Thanks!
You cannot get SIN while on implied Status. My husband went to the SIN office with work permit to get his SIN which took 15 minutes.

icantskate

Jan 27, 2015
I went to Service Canada today and they said that my working conditions remain the same during Implied Status, which means that I can work the same way I would have on my work permit.

TorontoFox said:
You cannot get SIN while on implied Status. My husband went to the SIN office with work permit to get his SIN which took 15 minutes.