+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN waiting time in 2021

Duy_Anh

Jul 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

Has anyone applied for SIN online in recent months (Jun, Jul, Aug 2021), and how long after applying did you receive it ?

I've just been accepted for a position, and they ask for the SIN. I applied for it 19 days ago and still nothing. Will an employer accept the letter of submission for SIN and take you in while you are waiting for your SIN ?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

Has anyone applied for SIN online in recent months (Jun, Jul, Aug 2021), and how long after applying did you receive it ?

I've just been accepted for a position, and they ask for the SIN. I applied for it 19 days ago and still nothing. Will an employer accept the letter of submission for SIN and take you in while you are waiting for your SIN ?
If I’m not mistaken, SIN online application processing time is 20 working days

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Can we still go to service Canada, even if we've already applied online? I'm in the same situ as OP.
You can, there was a couple in front of me who needed it urgently. The officer/agent gave it to them immediately then told them something to do regarding the online one that I couldn't hear.

But in my area it was a 4.5 hours wait :D

Reactions: wonderbly

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi everyone,

Online 25 days, walk in right away.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Can we just go there though? I read on their website that an appointment is required? I filled the appointment request form 2 days ago but haven't heard back yet.
Depends on the location, my friend had to do an appointment in Alberta, I went walk in, but in Manitoba.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi Wonderbly,

Wondering what you said was the reason for the walk in that they gave it to you immeditaly?
Thanks!
I didn't need to give any reason as they didn't ask me why. I just told them I had applied online already but decided to do a walk in as it's quicker.

NovaBe

Jan 11, 2021
I didn't need to give any reason as they didn't ask me why. I just told them I had applied online already but decided to do a walk in as it's quicker.
Hi. I am currently planning for my imminent move as a new PR and I am looking at making an appointment to get my SIN once I land in Ontario. After you filled out your the online form for the appointment, how soon did they contact you? Also did they call you to follow up on the appointment date? Thanks for your help.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi. I am currently planning for my imminent move as a new PR and I am looking at making an appointment to get my SIN once I land in Ontario. After you filled out your the online form for the appointment, how soon did they contact you? Also did they call you to follow up on the appointment date? Thanks for your help.
I think it was a couple of days (I filled the form on a Thursday and they called on following Sunday). Yes they called me to set up an appointment. They gave me the opened appointment days for that week and I picked the one most convenient for me.

NovaBe

Jan 11, 2021
I think it was a couple of days (I filled the form on a Thursday and they called on following Sunday). Yes they called me to set up an appointment. They gave me the opened appointment days for that week and I picked the one most convenient for me.
Thank you.