+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN number issued at port of entry with COPR?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello!

I am arriving in Canada soon with my COPR and have already got a job offer in Canada. However, my employer needs a SIN number ASAP and they're saying that they've seen immigrants getting their SIN issued on the spot upon arrival at a port of entry by an officer. Is it true!??!? My understanding is that I will need to go to Service Canada either in person or online to have it issued.

Many thanks in advance!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello!

I am arriving in Canada soon with my COPR and have already got a job offer in Canada. However, my employer needs a SIN number ASAP and they're saying that they've seen immigrants getting their SIN issued on the spot upon arrival at a port of entry by an officer. Is it true!??!? My understanding is that I will need to go to Service Canada either in person or online to have it issued.

Many thanks in advance!
Which province? If there is Service Canada at airport you can apply there, otherwise search for a Service Canada branch near to your residence, go there with your docs like passport and permit, it will be issued at the moment. The online take ages so not suggesting it but can try.

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes, you can get the SIN number at the point of entry at the airport. But it can be done on week days and from 8am to 9pm as far as i know

Reactions: MapleVivi

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
Hello!

Many thanks in advance!
you can also get next day by going to service canada. prepare for long lines though.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello!

Many thanks in advance!
Atleast at Toronto Pearson, it has re-started now - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/creation-of-sin-at-airport.791539/

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Which province? If there is Service Canada at airport you can apply there, otherwise search for a Service Canada branch near to your residence, go there with your docs like passport and permit, it will be issued at the moment. The online take ages so not suggesting it but can try.
Thanks for your reply! It's Vancouver Airport. Do you know if there's an office? I tried to look it up online, but no result as far as I've seen...