+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN need urgent reply

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I was just called by a number about my SIN application, which I did online. They were doing some questions about the way I applied, when I did come here etc, how much money I had with me (less than 10k), and they said i had to pay a tax!!! approx 4k because I haven.t paid one?? The also said if I didn't pay it right away they would call IRCC and come to my place?
What is this?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I got a scam call too, but it was a robot one. It said supposedly there was a problem with my SIN number.

Only thing is i hadn't gotten my SIN number yet lol.

Just ignore it, they're scammers. Threaten to report them if they call you again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorela

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
A scam. The government won't call you to demand money and threaten you. Ignore them and don't send them anything.
I am so scared right now. I mean how can they ask me for the amount of money I got with me or back home, or in a bank?? I applied 10 days ago for SIN, and I raised a quarry at Service Canada - Service Request, for change in delivery address. I gave my phone number, somebody called me today with a private number, and gave me one other number to contact to call with an agent. ANd now I received this call.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I got a scam call too, but it was robot one. It said supposedly there was a problem with my SIN number.

Only thing is i hadn't gotten my SIN number yet lol.

Just ignore it, they're scammers. Threaten to report them if they call you again.
same happened to me. It was robot one at the beginning, and they asked me to press 1. and the rest

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Thank you, I won;t
I really have no idea. Even my Canadian cell number is brand new. I applied 2 weeks ago for SIN online, did not get information of acceptance or rejection, then I did a Service request about this (online) at Service Canada web, I left my phone number. Maybe from that? But I thought Gov sites were secure???

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I really have no idea. Even my Canadian cell number is brand new. I applied 2 weeks ago for SIN online, did not get information of acceptance or rejection, then I did a Service request about this (online) at Service Canada web, I left my phone number. Maybe from that? But I thought Gov sites were secure???
those scam calls are everywhere. They called random numbers. I got similar calls every week. At a peak, I got 6 calls in one afternoon.
They are either from "revenue canada", "SIN number issue", "the police", "RCMP", "urgent delivery package", "Chinese embassy",....etc you named it.

Ignore those calls.

Reactions: Jorela

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......