+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN Expiring- Implied status from April 1, 2020- submitted SP extension

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Hi,
I already submitted for SP extension more than a month ago (not even received the bio metrics request letter) as mine is expiring on March 31st. Not sure when will I receive the extension and can renew my SIN after that (possibly 4-5 months, considering the average processing time right now + COVID situation).

I applied for EI benefits as I was eligible and insurable working hours in the last 52 weeks. However, I don't know if my expring SIN (or implied Status SIN) have any impact on receiving EI benefits if it's approved. Just wanted to arrange some backup funds if EI won't be coming during my implied status or if I can't get back to my work like in 2-3 weeks (I had a temporary layoff and the employer promised to put me back to work in writing as soon as the current situation gets better and non-essential retail stores starts functioning).

Is there anything else I need to do before my SIN expires (thinking hard myself- last time I didn't update my bank that I am still student before my SP expired and they started to charge me fees when I was in implied status- I didn't had any valid SP proof in paper and the bank charged me fees for regular account instead of student account-zero fees)?

Sky29

Apr 3, 2019
Hello how are you..I just want to ask about your ei application if you are eligible or if you're already receiving any benifits..we have the same situations as an implied status.