+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN CARD #

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Hi Guys Ill be returning to Canada in late January (my work perm extension came through). Im July AOR no PPR yet. My SIN card is expired (its expiry matched the expiry on my original work permit). My question is when igo back can i work on my old SIN even though its expired? Or do I need to go to service canada to get a new one? Lastly assuming the new one takes a couple weeks to arrive can i work in the interim while they're processing it?

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
HAILMANU said:
Hi Guys Ill be returning to Canada in late January (my work perm extension came through). Im July AOR no PPR yet. My SIN card is expired (its expiry matched the expiry on my original work permit). My question is when igo back can i work on my old SIN even though its expired? Or do I need to go to service canada to get a new one? Lastly assuming the new one takes a couple weeks to arrive can i work in the interim while they're processing it?
Service Canada does not provide physical SIN card anymore. They will give you a piece of paper with SIN number written on it and you can start using that number immediately. I think you should get the new SIN number before you start working. Thanks.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
HAILMANU said:
"Important Notices:

There is no fee to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
On March 31, 2014, Service Canada began issuing Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) in paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN cards has stopped."- from Service Canada website: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/sinstatus.shtml

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
f1ahmed said:
"Important Notices:

There is no fee to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
On March 31, 2014, Service Canada began issuing Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) in paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN cards has stopped."- from Service Canada website: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/sinstatus.shtml
This forum is brilliant - thanks for the help guys