+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN Card Application with a non-Canadian Address

o_o

Hero Member
Nov 14, 2013
571
41
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
I'm looking at the SIN Application Form here: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eforms/forms/nas-2120-(01-15)e.pdf

If you scroll down to the Application form, it seems to ask for the Applicant's Address.
  • I'm curious if I can use a non-Canadian Address here?
  • What would be the consequences of using a non-Canadian Address? For example if I move, do I contact Service Canada to update your address?

My Background: I have got a PR visa, but I have not yet landed. I intend to temporarily leave Canada before coming back and landing permanently.

Thank you in advance for your help and information.
o_o
 
 

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
1,019
74
o_o said:
I'm looking at the SIN Application Form here: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eforms/forms/nas-2120-(01-15)e.pdf

If you scroll down to the Application form, it seems to ask for the Applicant's Address.
  • I'm curious if I can use a non-Canadian Address here?
  • What would be the consequences of using a non-Canadian Address? For example if I move, do I contact Service Canada to update your address?

My Background: I have got a PR visa, but I have not yet landed. I intend to temporarily leave Canada before coming back and landing permanently.

Thank you in advance for your help and information.
o_o
No; u cant use non-canadian address
 

o_o

Hero Member
Nov 14, 2013
571
41
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
zoya_99 said:
No; u cant use non-canadian address
Thank you Zoya I'm curious if they send anything to that address? From the way I understand it, they seem to print out the SIN on a piece of paper and give it to you in the Service Canada office. Is there anything else esp. something important that they mail to that address?

I ask this because until I permanently move to Canada, my Canadian addresses would be in a state of flux.
 

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
1,019
74
o_o said:
Thank you Zoya I'm curious if they send anything to that address? From the way I understand it, they seem to print out the SIN on a piece of paper and give it to you in the Service Canada office. Is there anything else esp. something important that they mail to that address?

I ask this because until I permanently move to Canada, my Canadian addresses would be in a state of flux.
Yes they will give you sin number right there; but mail u sin card at your canadian address.

Which city in canada you are/planning to move?
 

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
121
12
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
I applied for a SIN with an American address. They don't actually send you a card. They'll print you your "SIN Card" on the spot.
 
 

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
1,019
74
RocketCity said:
I applied for a SIN with an American address. They don't actually send you a card. They'll print you your "SIN Card" on the spot.
May be they change the procedure. I have a card
 

o_o

Hero Member
Nov 14, 2013
571
41
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
RocketCity said:
I applied for a SIN with an American address. They don't actually send you a card. They'll print you your "SIN Card" on the spot.
Thank you RocketCity & Zoya

I agree with RocketCity that they don't send you a card. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/ -> This page confirms that they stopped sending out the plastic cards in March, 2014.

My question was if they send you anything else in the mail later on? From the answer on this page: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/protect/address.shtml - it seems be a NO. If they don't want you to notify them when you move, I don't think they would send me any important information.

Thanks again to you guys,
o_o