+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simple question

Voice19

Jul 23, 2019
If my mother has trv but she never travelled to Canada and her passport expired then she should apply for new visa after renewing her passport?
Thanks

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
If my mother has trv but she never travelled to Canada and her passport expired then she should apply for new visa after renewing her passport?
Thanks
Do you mean the TRV is still valid but the passport is expired? If so, she does not have to apply again. She just has to travel with BOTH her old passport with valid visa and new valid passport.

Reactions: mashulia_26

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thanks
but what if visa expires during her stay in Canada?
She will only be allowed to stay until that visa end date. If she wishes to stay longer you would need to apply for renewal before she intends to travel.

Voice19

Jul 23, 2019
She will only be allowed to stay until that visa end date. If she wishes to stay longer you would need to apply for renewal before she intends to travel.
I’m trying to Understand so please bear with me sorry
She renews her pp , carries both pp (one with visa other new one which doesn’t have visa) can travel and safely return before visa expires ?
This is ok?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
I’m trying to Understand so please bear with me sorry
She renews her pp , carries both pp (one with visa other new one which doesn’t have visa) can travel and safely return before visa expires ?
This is ok?
She can return even after the visa expiry. Understand in this way: visa (or TRV) is needed only for entry whereas stay is completely dependent on CBSA officer, usually it's a 6 months stay for visitor. You can further extend it by applying for visitor record (before the expiry of stay).

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And while she’s here can we apply for her new visa from inside Canada on her new pp?
While in Canada you can try to extend her stay in Canada. A new visa would require her leaving the country to enter on the new visa after her visitor status expires.

Voice19

Jul 23, 2019
Ok so obviously her visa expiry is same as her pp expiry (one day before pp expires)
so I got the idea. Thanks everyone
But please make it clear , why can’t I apply for her new visa while she’s here?

Voice19

Jul 23, 2019
While in Canada you can try to extend her stay in Canada. A new visa would require her leaving the country to enter on the new visa after her visitor status expires.
Is there an option to apply for new visa or visitors record or it must be visitor record from within Canada ?