+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simple Mail Question

MountainMan256

Jul 31, 2016
Hi, I am soon going to send a FBI background check request to the USA. I am currently in British Columbia, and I am curious on how to send it

On the FBI website it says "Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process."

How do I mail my request to them properly? I don't quite understand

And where could I go to send this?

Just to confirm, FBI will mail into Canada yes?
Thanks

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
1. You can use any mailing service you want, Canada Post, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
2. Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted means don't include a return envelope with your application as it will not be accepted.
3. The FBI will use USPS mail to send the report to you in Canada.
Good Luck!

MountainMan256

Jul 31, 2016
1. You can use any mailing service you want, Canada Post, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
2. Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted means don't include a return envelope with your application as it will not be accepted.
3. The FBI will use USPS mail to send the report to you in Canada.
Good Luck!
Sorry if I am misinformed but doesn't it say to not use Fed Ex? Also I have never really mailed things, so how do I send a non self addressed envelope? And how long does it take for the mailing time to canada? 2 weeks about?Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry if I am misinformed but doesn't it say to not use Fed Ex? Also I have never really mailed things, so how do I send a non self addressed envelope? And how long does it take for the mailing time to canada? 2 weeks about?Thanks
I suggest you Google "self-addressed envelope".

KTluv

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-01-2018
I am assuming you just would not put your name and address on the envelope.
should be private

Reactions: MountainMan256

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
A self-addressed envelope is an envelope with the sender's name and address on it, sometimes with affixed paid postage, mailed to a company or private individual.

This sort of envelope is put INSIDE the envelope you are mailing out and it is used to return documents to you. The FBI doesn't require it, so don't worry about it. Just send them your request. The self-addressed envelope is not the same as the envelope you are mailing the request in.

Last edited:

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Hi, I am soon going to send a FBI background check request to the USA. I am currently in British Columbia, and I am curious on how to send it

On the FBI website it says "Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process."

How do I mail my request to them properly? I don't quite understand

And where could I go to send this?

Just to confirm, FBI will mail into Canada yes?
Thanks
If all else fails and you are still confused how to mail your fbi application, take everything to the post office and tell them you want to mail these documents out to the U.S. They will show you your options and the prices, and give you exact instructions on what to do.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You get your fingerprints done. You mail them to the FBI. You do this however you want to. Send them via Canadian Beaver. It won't matter. They will then forward you their results.

The point they are making is DO NOT INCLUDE a self addressed envelope with your application and prints. They won't use it and it will be disposed of. They choose how to mail it back to you.

So, recap. On the envelope with the FBI address on the front, your return address in the return address section. Inside the envelope is your fingerprint card, your payment and your application form. Nothing more, nothing less. You put it in the mailbox at the post office, fedex picks it up at your door, this big brown truck takes it for a spin..etc etc etc

Reactions: justgrey