+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simon Fraser University, 2019 intake gather here please

jerrymsigwa

Jun 21, 2018
Hi boys and girls,
I am a prospective student at FSU for fall 2019, I may need some guidance to study there and working stuffs as I am moving from Australia to Canada. Lets share here and unfold all possible misery regarding studying Masters or a PhD at FSU.

We may form a WhatsApp group and discuss more if you wish,
Thanks
Jerry

Ezuu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hi boys and girls,
I am a prospective student at FSU for fall 2019, I may need some guidance to study there and working stuffs as I am moving from Australia to Canada. Lets share here and unfold all possible misery regarding studying Masters or a PhD at FSU.

We may form a WhatsApp group and discuss more if you wish,
Thanks
Jerry
Hey, I applied for Masters in computer science - thesis. Do you know if the Uni accepts grad students without finding a supervisor?

codenation

Mar 5, 2019
Hey, I applied for Masters in computer science - thesis. Do you know if the Uni accepts grad students without finding a supervisor?
Hello! I also applied for Masters in Computer science - thesis. Have you gotten any response from the department?

Ezuu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hello! I also applied for Masters in Computer science - thesis. Have you gotten any response from the department?
I haven’t heard from the department yet, but I contacted them and they informed me that final decision will be made end of this month. Whats your profile btw?

codenation

Mar 5, 2019
I haven’t heard from the department yet, but I contacted them and they informed me that final decision will be made end of this month. Whats your profile btw?
ok. when exactly did you submit your application? And what is the status of the application? I submitted my application on the 22nd of Jan and there is no update as regards application status.

My profile:
I submitted a transcript with CGPA of 4.23 on scale of 5
I have a certificate in software entrepreneurship
9 years of programming experience
Submitted letter of English as medium of instruction

What do you think about my application and what's your profile too? Did you have contact with any supervisor in the department?

Ezuu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
ok. when exactly did you submit your application? And what is the status of the application? I submitted my application on the 22nd of Jan and there is no update as regards application status.

My profile:
I submitted a transcript with CGPA of 4.23 on scale of 5
I have a certificate in software entrepreneurship
9 years of programming experience
Submitted letter of English as medium of instruction

What do you think about my application and what's your profile too? Did you have contact with any supervisor in the department?
I submitted my application way before you somewhere around beginning of November. I have CGPA 3.1/4 and 1 year of experience as a Software Engineer. Your profile looks great, lets hope for the best. Yes I contacted few professors but I haven’t heard from any of them.

codenation

Mar 5, 2019
I submitted my application way before you somewhere around beginning of November. I have CGPA 3.1/4 and 1 year of experience as a Software Engineer. Your profile looks great, lets hope for the best. Yes I contacted few professors but I haven’t heard from any of them.
ok good! You have a good profile as well and let's hope for the best. I also contacted one prof but there was no response. Seems like a general thing in the department. Did you apply to other schools and how is it? I applied to Uni Alberta, Uni Sask and MUN but I have not received any update

Ezuu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
ok good! You have a good profile as well and let's hope for the best. I also contacted one prof but there was no response. Seems like a general thing in the department. Did you apply to other schools and how is it? I applied to Uni Alberta, Uni Sask and MUN but I have not received any update
Yes, I applied to Uni of Saskatchewan but couldn't make it thru. MUN for winter semester, so it will take a couple of months until they get back to me.

codenation

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, I applied to Uni of Saskatchewan but couldn't make it thru. MUN for winter semester, so it will take a couple of months until they get back to me.
oh really! Sorry about that. I haven't heard anything from Uni Sask though. Only showing that my application is complete and ready for review. But for MUN, I also applied for winter semester and I have sent my certificate and transcript directly from my University and the table showed received but the references table hasn't been updated for more than a month now and I'm sure that my profs have sent it to gradapply as instructed. I'm a little worried because my application status is 'Application Processing Has Begun', 'Incomplete - Items Outstanding'. Do you experience similar situation in your MUN application? If not, is the table showing that your references has been received?

Ezuu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
oh really! Sorry about that. I haven't heard anything from Uni Sask though. Only showing that my application is complete and ready for review. But for MUN, I also applied for winter semester and I have sent my certificate and transcript directly from my University and the table showed received but the references table hasn't been updated for more than a month now and I'm sure that my profs have sent it to gradapply as instructed. I'm a little worried because my application status is 'Application Processing Has Begun', 'Incomplete - Items Outstanding'. Do you experience similar situation in your MUN application? If not, is the table showing that your references has been received?
Same status, but in the table it shows everything is marked as received except poof of English proficiency as I didn’t submit. For Uni of Saskatchewan my application still shows complete and ready for review in the portal but I received an email somewhere mid Feb that my application was not successful.

codenation

Mar 5, 2019
Same status, but in the table it shows everything is marked as received except poof of English proficiency as I didn’t submit. For Uni of Saskatchewan my application still shows complete and ready for review in the portal but I received an email somewhere mid Feb that my application was not successful.
ok! I hope they find the references because it has been emailed from my profs account directly to MUN. Don't know what could have gone wrong. Proof of English proficiency was part of what I sent but it wasn't displayed in the table. It's only the Graduate references, transcript and certificate and the graduate references are yet to be marked as received.
Did you submit IELTS for Uni Sask? If not, that might be the reason for the rejection. I later saw it that Computer Science will not consider any application without IELTS of band 7 and above. It seems the competition is very tough there.

Ezuu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
ok! I hope they find the references because it has been emailed from my profs account directly to MUN. Don't know what could have gone wrong. Proof of English proficiency was part of what I sent but it wasn't displayed in the table. It's only the Graduate references, transcript and certificate and the graduate references are yet to be marked as received.
Did you submit IELTS for Uni Sask? If not, that might be the reason for the rejection. I later saw it that Computer Science will not consider any application without IELTS of band 7 and above. It seems the competition is very tough there.
I would suggest to contact the department. Regarding Uni of Sask, I haven't submitted, for sure that was the reason for early rejection, cause I came across IELTS thing on the department's website and it was late. So, I couldn't help myself. Did you submit IELTS?