+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

silly question

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
You will

1. You will be given a form in the plane to complete, which you will fill in names, dob, reason for going to canada(visitor, landing etc), foreigh address, probably where you intend to stay something like that and then a declaration of things you are carrying with you like food etc and then you will have to declare how much money you are in possession of. (you must say the truth as it is an offense not to to declare any money in possession.
2. come of the plane walk towards arrivals (very beautiful atmosphere) just follow directions
3. Then you will que at the CBS where you will show your passport and because you will be landing they will direct to immigration section.
4. At the Immigration section you will present your ppt, corp they will ask you few questions like where you will staying, with whom, and if you have any money in possession.
5 the immigration officer will punch those details on the system, and ask you to sign the Corp - do not sighn anything unless asked to.
6.The Immigration officer will give you a copy of Corp and the original is sent immediately to the PR Centre where your card will be processed and issued to address you provided them with. - then now you will go to tax and duty section where they will ask you again if you are in possession of any amount and there you will provide them with the form you got on the plane.
7. You will now go downstaires to collect your luggage which will be waiting for you, depending on the airport there will be screens to direct you where its depending on the airline you came with and arrival time.
8 And my dear you are done - welcome to canada, enjoy your stay thats all they will tell you. On your way out many taxis, buses to take you where you will be staying.

Good luck

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Actually, as an immigrant, you don't have to complete any of the customs forms. The forms are for either residents or visitors, and an immigrant is neither.

You do, however, have to declare the money you're bringing to the immigration officer.

Hemal

Nov 1, 2006
Thank you Martha and thaiguy. The information is very useful to me too as i am planning to land by month end.

I have a question regarding opening of bank account can we open an account with canadian dollars and US dollar or else the account is strictly in canadian dollars only.

Hemal

PaulIII

Aug 22, 2007
However, I’ve been told that US$ accounts are not FDIC (or whatever is called in Canada) insured, which means if by any chance the bank go under, you lose your money. Is this correct?