01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Hey guys.

So, from your experience, is it safe to assume that the only required document is the passport?
A lot of sources stated that I would need a document proving my wife's (she is Japanese and lives overseas) last address in Japan or/and a Current Address Proof, but someone from the consulate said (twice) that the only required document is the passport, so I got confused. I have to travel to another city to request the PCC so I can't make any mistake.

And I got confused: should I or should I not open the sealed envelope to send to CIC? I've already gotten their request letter (I will have to send a CSE to ask for a new deadline, since they gave me 60 days, but I need 2 months to get the PCC).

ross1980

Nov 21, 2016
kaulvirus said:
From my past experience, I knew getting a PCC could take forever. So, I went to the Japanese embassy and told them about the very short window period CIC provides applicants for submitting PCC's for Express Entry. They were very accommodating and told me I really didn't need an acknowledgement or request letter from CIC to request a Japanese PCC. All they wanted were my ink fingerprints (explicitly on their own Japanese forms) and they would get me my clearance from Japan within 2 months. This is both in relation to Japanese High Commission in Vancouver and Toronto as I had to deal with both of them. So, I'd suggest you just go there and get the forms and they should explain everything in detail.

I would also like to mention that the last time I had to submit my Japanese PCC for work permit, it was as usual enclosed in an envelope with all seals and stuff on it and the Police Officer in Japan explicitly told me not to open it as it was only to be opened by the Canadian Immigration Officer. I sent a CSE to CIC asking about it and they said they couldn't be bothered about receiving a phyical copy so I'd have to open it, scan it and upload it on myCIC. This time round, I didn't even bother asking CIC about it and I submitted an upfront Japanese PCC along with my application and mentioned that in a Letter of Explanation.
Hi,

I just wanted to know if you sent the sealed envelope or you opened it and scanned and uploaded the same.

Regards,
ross1980

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
I have the same question as I am about to submit my application in the last few days. For now, I am tending towards scanning and uploading the envelop, but add a LOE explaining that it says to be opened by addressee only (Canadian Authorities), asking for their confirmation prior to opening it.

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Hey guys.

I opened the envelope (in a way that it would be possible to make it look like it was never opened, if I ever needed to close it again) and sent the scanned letter, as oriented by IRCC.

Hope it helps ;)

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys.

I opened the envelope (in a way that it would be possible to make it look like it was never opened, if I ever needed to close it again) and sent the scanned letter, as oriented by IRCC.

Hope it helps ;)
Hi there,

Did you have any problem with opening the envelope? I am having the same situation now.

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Bringing back to life an old post ...
-When you're waiting for your PCC from Japan, is your file on hold for two months or is CIC still processing the rest of your application until they receive the document?
-As PCC from Japan will take "8 to 10 weeks" and CIC wants it in 60 days, I'm 100% sure that I won't receive it before the deadline. Should I upload the document saying that I requested the PCC right now, or should I wait until one week or two before the deadline?
Thanks guys

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Bringing back to life an old post ...
-When you're waiting for your PCC from Japan, is your file on hold for two months or is CIC still processing the rest of your application until they receive the document?
-As PCC from Japan will take "8 to 10 weeks" and CIC wants it in 60 days, I'm 100% sure that I won't receive it before the deadline. Should I upload the document saying that I requested the PCC right now, or should I wait until one week or two before the deadline?
Thanks guys
Salut!

Premiere question: personne ne sait, on peut juste assumer. Je pense qu'ils attendent de recevoir le dossier complet; ce n'est que mon ressenti/experience.
Deuxieme question: tu peux uploader le document avant la deadline, si je me souviens bien c'est ce que j'ai fait. CIC est ensuite revenu vers moi en me demandant des "documents additionnels".

Bonne chance

Reactions: broutilde