+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Silly mistake in Police certificate

jaromirqjliu

Jan 4, 2016
AOR Aug 5, 2015,
over 5 month silent wait. Jan 18, received a update requesting Police certificate.
Since we have lived in Japan for 3 years we have already had Japanese police certificate in hand. it is sealed in the envelope that could not be open personally until requested by CIC. Seeing the request letter from CIC on Jan 18, 2016, I opened the Police record scanned and uploaded it.
Today when my friends asked me how to obtain the police record, I then noticed that the stupid Japan National police agency typed my nationality wrong!!!!
but I already uploaded and transmitted it. and another update is notified to me the next day stating document provided (and a ghost mail). No further information so far.

Most of my friends suggested that CIC officers would have their sense to judge it is a simple type mistake. I also contact Japan consulate since they have never encountered such problem. they will also contact National police agency in Japan so that they may provide me an explanation letter of the mistake.
Should I contact CIC now or just wait for CIC update then give them explanation? It takes about 4 month to get another police record from Japan which seemed impossible for me to wait.

:( :( :( :(

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaromirqjliu said:
AOR Aug 5, 2015,
over 5 month silent wait. Jan 18, received a update requesting Police certificate.
Since we have lived in Japan for 3 years we have already had Japanese police certificate in hand. it is sealed in the envelope that could not be open personally until requested by CIC. Seeing the request letter from CIC on Jan 18, 2016, I opened the Police record scanned and uploaded it.
Today when my friends asked me how to obtain the police record, I then noticed that the stupid Japan National police agency typed my nationality wrong!!!!
but I already uploaded and transmitted it. and another update is notified to me the next day stating document provided (and a ghost mail). No further information so far.

Most of my friends suggested that CIC officers would have their sense to judge it is a simple type mistake. I also contact Japan consulate since they have never encountered such problem. they will also contact National police agency in Japan so that they may provide me an explanation letter of the mistake.
Should I contact CIC now or just wait for CIC update then give them explanation? It takes about 4 month to get another police record from Japan which seemed impossible for me to wait.

:( :( :( :(
Feel sorry for ya, I've lived in Japan too and I can understand your pain. I've had to apply for Japanese PCC twice, once when I was in Japan and recently in Canada for the Express Entry. Did the Japanese Embassy give you a time frame about when exactly can they provide you that explanation letter? If it can be quick (which I highly doubt knowing Japanese Bureaucracy), I would suggest you attach that to a letter of explanation and send it right away via CSE. If it's going to take a while, I would still suggest you write a Case Specific Enquiry explaining the faux pas. All the Best.

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry to hear that but for others in the same situation there's really no need to keep the envelope sealed as CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

Open your envelope, check for mistakes, scan it and wait for official request letter from CIC.

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talking about Police Certificate from Japan, when did you contact the Japanese Ambassy to get the document?

I am living and working in Toronto but I lived one year in Japan in the past, so I will need a PC from Japan.

However, the Consulate General of Japan in Toronto requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.
And it take about 2 months to get the document such a waste a time (stupid Japanese bureaucracy...).

I applied to EE on December 14th and I haven't heard anything from CIC (they didn't provide me the document that Japan is requiring).

Is there a way to save time?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joul said:
Talking about Police Certificate from Japan, when did you contact the Japanese Ambassy to get the document?

I am living and working in Toronto but I lived one year in Japan in the past, so I will need a PC from Japan.

However, the Consulate General of Japan in Toronto requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.
And it take about 2 months to get the document such a waste a time (stupid Japanese bureaucracy...).

I applied to EE on December 14th and I haven't heard anything from CIC (they didn't provide me the document that Japan is requiring).

Assuming you've seen this already ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/japan.asp

You'll have to wait for CIC to ask you to procure a PCC from Japan.

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You'll have to wait for CIC to ask you to procure a PCC from Japan.
I saw that one and did exactly what CIC is asking.
I was just hoping that I could get the PCC from Japan faster.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joul said:
I saw that one and did exactly what CIC is asking.
I was just hoping that I could get the PCC from Japan faster.
Unfortunately no. CIC decides that for you.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joul said:

From my past experience, I knew getting a PCC could take forever. So, I went to the Japanese embassy and told them about the very short window period CIC provides applicants for submitting PCC's for Express Entry. They were very accommodating and told me I really didn't need an acknowledgement or request letter from CIC to request a Japanese PCC. All they wanted were my ink fingerprints (explicitly on their own Japanese forms) and they would get me my clearance from Japan within 2 months. This is both in relation to Japanese High Commission in Vancouver and Toronto as I had to deal with both of them. So, I'd suggest you just go there and get the forms and they should explain everything in detail.

I would also like to mention that the last time I had to submit my Japanese PCC for work permit, it was as usual enclosed in an envelope with all seals and stuff on it and the Police Officer in Japan explicitly told me not to open it as it was only to be opened by the Canadian Immigration Officer. I sent a CSE to CIC asking about it and they said they couldn't be bothered about receiving a phyical copy so I'd have to open it, scan it and upload it on myCIC. This time round, I didn't even bother asking CIC about it and I submitted an upfront Japanese PCC along with my application and mentioned that in a Letter of Explanation.

Joul

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:
From my past experience, I knew getting a PCC could take forever. So, I went to the Japanese embassy and told them about the very short window period CIC provides applicants for submitting PCC's for Express Entry. They were very accommodating and told me I really didn't need an acknowledgement or request letter from CIC to request a Japanese PCC. All they wanted were my ink fingerprints (explicitly on their own Japanese forms) and they would get me my clearance from Japan within 2 months. This is both in relation to Japanese High Commission in Vancouver and Toronto as I had to deal with both of them. So, I'd suggest you just go there and get the forms and they should explain everything in detail.

I would also like to mention that the last time I had to submit my Japanese PCC for work permit, it was as usual enclosed in an envelope with all seals and stuff on it and the Police Officer in Japan explicitly told me not to open it as it was only to be opened by the Canadian Immigration Officer. I sent a CSE to CIC asking about it and they said they couldn't be bothered about receiving a phyical copy so I'd have to open it, scan it and upload it on myCIC. This time round, I didn't even bother asking CIC about it and I submitted an upfront Japanese PCC along with my application and mentioned that in a Letter of Explanation.
Thank you very much for your feedback!

jaromirqjliu

Jan 4, 2016
I actually applied for that around Oct 2014, and got it Jan 2015(it states the certificate was issued Nov 21, 2014). I submitted the copy of the sealed envelop on Aug 4, 2015. Now CIC sent me a letter on Jan 18, 2016 to open it and scan upload. Apparently the date is not a problem because I did get the PCC after I left the country.
People kept asking what is the validity of the PCC. According to CIC website, as long as you got the PCC after you left the country and did not go back, issued date is not a problem. If the officer in CIC cannot even handle this types of logics, why do we bother coming to Canada. In my case, it seemed date is not a problem because I already told them I got the certificate on Nov 2014 and I left Japan in April 2014.

Don't wait for CIC to notice you that they need your PCC from Japan because CIC only gives you 7 days to upload it. Get the PCC from Japan before hand now.

The point is I don't even have the energy to complain about their efficiency. They just f**k up my nationality, I am Chinese but on the certificate it is clearly stated "Nationality: Japan" WTF!!!!!

Joul said:

i3eyes

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
11-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Jan-2016
AOR Received.
24-Jul-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
15-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
13-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-May-2016
LANDED..........
27-May-2016
Hello,

I am inland PNP-PR applicant, and got AOR on July.

I received an Additional Information Required e-mail for the "Japan Police Certificate" today.
What kind of documents do you guys bring to apply for a Japan Police Certificate?
I don't have official copy of Gaikokujin Toroku Gempyo, can I apply without this document?

Does the Japanese Embassy or Consulate only located in Calgary, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver?
I am living in Winnipeg, MB.

If I got my Japan Police Certificate later, I can open the envelope, scan it and upload to Case Specific Enquiry?

Thank you.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i3eyes said:
Hello,

I am inland PNP-PR applicant, and got AOR on July.

I received an Additional Information Required e-mail for the "Japan Police Certificate" today.
What kind of documents do you guys bring to apply for a Japan Police Certificate?
I don't have official copy of Gaikokujin Toroku Gempyo, can I apply without this document?

Does the Japanese Embassy or Consulate only located in Calgary, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver?
I am living in Winnipeg, MB.

If I got my Japan Police Certificate later, I can open the envelope, scan it and upload to Case Specific Enquiry?

Thank you.
I don't think they require any additional documentation apart from your current passport. They do provide you with a form which has a section for ink fingerprints which they are pretty adamant about. My wife botched one of the forms and gave them the fingerprint on a photocopied one but being Japanese, they got confused because the color didn't match and rejected the prints and asked for a new set. They don't need your Gaijin Card or heath card, just the passport with the Japanese visa on it. I am not really sure about Winnipeg, if there isn't a Japanese Embassy located there, you might have to contact them to see if they can post it or you'd have to goto other cities to have it done. One more thing, the PCC from Japan doesn't cost a thing, it's free. Once you do get the PCC, you just open and scan it and send it either via CSE or upload it on myCIC (if there's an upload section provided to you).

Hope that helps.

kannag

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ,

1) go to embassy along with your latest passport.. they would ask a form to fill it up
2) They would want your finger print scanned .. they would direct you to correct center.. costs about 50 CAD
3) give the finger print sheet back to embassy .. another form to be filled and collect your small slip ..keep this safe as you have to show this to collect your PCC later
4) wait for 60 days .. or they will call back to you ...

5) do not open the cover send this to CPC.. as it becomes invalid if you open this ...

i3eyes

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
11-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Jan-2016
AOR Received.
24-Jul-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
15-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
13-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-May-2016
LANDED..........
27-May-2016
Hello, Kaulvirus and Kannag

Thank you for yours reply and sharing :)