+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIL wants to marry a Moroccan

Caboose

Apr 13, 2010
So, this is the backstory (sorry it's long...):

My SIL (Sister-In-Law) met a guy from Morocco on the internet (as a lot do). She's 26, he's 21. Apparently, he's already been divorced once. So they meet online. Talked for a month maybe, I'm not sure the exact time, and then all of a sudden she's on a plane to Morocco to meet him. And we find out that they're engaged to be married. Now, this raised a LOT of red flags for myself, my wife, my MIL, and even friends. So, the marriage never took place due to "a lack of papers". SIL flies back to Canada, and their relationship continues online.

Fast forward to last October (2009) and she's supposed to fly back to Morocco, papers in hand, to marry the guy. However instead she decides to visit her mom for the month. The Moroccan guy isn't very happy. In the time since they met, he's made rude, vulgar comments to her aunt and cousins. Sent emails that would be considered harassment, etc.

Fast forward again to a few months back. SIL flies to Morocco this time, and they apparently get married. However, we find out that the marriage is called off due to premarital sex. On Facebook she's changed all her info to indicate that she's married to the guy, etc. She flies back to Canada, and her family is confused as to what is going on. We're also trying to make her see that this isn't normal.

A month ago, I get a random IM via MSN from the guy and it's filled with insults, vulger comments and then breaks down in to threats of consuming my blood, physical assault, hacking in to my financial accounts and draining them causing me to go bankrupt, and use of a firearm against myself, my wife's cousins, her dad and the SIL's ex-boyfriend. I informed him that I would be contacting the police, blocked and deleted him. After speaking with my aunt who is RCMP, she told me to speak with the local police as the RCMP here are strictly federal. So I spoke with an officer and he said that as I only have aliases, no other background information, and the fact that he is on the other side of the globe, there's not much they can do at this point. Fair enough, I file everything away ready to make notes should the need arise.

So now we are brought up to current time. We find out that the SIL is going BACK to Morocco to actually marry the guy (MIL (mother-in-law) said that she has to pay off debts she owes to family before she can go. This made the Moroccan very upset). Apparently, the Moroccan has said that if she she doesn't marry him, he's breaking everything off with her, and that if she is not with him and they are married by May-12th at the latest then he will go to jail for 18mo and have a criminal record. For premarital sex.

Now, I've been searching all over these vast internets looking for fact or fiction in what he's saying, so I thought I'd turn to here for some assistance. Is there any fact in his "threat" that if he's no married to her by the 12th of May, he'll be going to jail? Anyone else really suspecious of this? Sounds to me, my wife, my MIL, and friends that this is just a scam so he can get a visa and enter the country. My MIL has already contacted the RCMP and they have started a file, and possibly work towards preventing him from entering the country. From what I've been reading this is almost a textbook example of someone scamming to enter the country.

zoro_n1

Feb 25, 2010
hi,

being a moroccan who lived in morocco i can tell you its not true, the law doesnt force him to get married for any reason (including premarital sex) unless your SIL filed a law suit against him in morocco, this is just a scam.

regards,

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Caboose said:
Apparently, the Moroccan has said that if she she doesn't marry him, he's breaking everything off with her, and that if she is not with him and they are married by May-12th at the latest then he will go to jail for 18mo and have a criminal record. For premarital sex.

Now, I've been searching all over these vast internets looking for fact or fiction in what he's saying, so I thought I'd turn to here for some assistance. Is there any fact in his "threat" that if he's no married to her by the 12th of May, he'll be going to jail? Anyone else really suspecious of this? Sounds to me, my wife, my MIL, and friends that this is just a scam so he can get a visa and enter the country. My MIL has already contacted the RCMP and they have started a file, and possibly work towards preventing him from entering the country. From what I've been reading this is almost a textbook example of someone scamming to enter the country.
Does it really matter? Seriously? If someone is being abusive and has violated a native law (by having sex put of wedlock) I have to ask what your actual question is: What are you actually wanting to know? In Canada we have divorce and so do not jail people in cases of either premarital or extracurricular sex.

As one Moroccan responded, that the threat is unreal I additionally wish to ask why it should matter. If he is not a good man why are you caring to see if he would be jailed?