12-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015
Interview........
Waved off
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello ,

NO my SMU degree was not recognised. by WES.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I completed BCA from University of Madras and MCA from Sikkim Manipal University-DE .

I applied for WES with BCA and MCA documents and the response is that BCA has been validated but not MCA.
When I checked with Controller of the SMU University it was said that it might take a week for the to align with the WES.
So, I have dropped a query with the WES stating that SMU is a part of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and now they have again initiated for review. It is in review for a week and hopefully looking it would be recognized.

Could anyone please suggest that has anyone in this forum faced the same situation.

I have got IELTS Score as - L- 7.5 R- 6 S- 6.5 W- 6

I can get 2 points if it is recognized.
Just keeping my fingers crossed!!!

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldek1986 said:
Hi

I completed BCA from University of Madras and MCA from Sikkim Manipal University-DE .

I applied for WES with BCA and MCA documents and the response is that BCA has been validated but not MCA.
When I checked with Controller of the SMU University it was said that it might take a week for the to align with the WES.
So, I have dropped a query with the WES stating that SMU is a part of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and now they have again initiated for review. It is in review for a week and hopefully looking it would be recognized.

Could anyone please suggest that has anyone in this forum faced the same situation.

I have got IELTS Score as - L- 7.5 R- 6 S- 6.5 W- 6

I can get 2 points if it is recognized.
Just keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Hi,

I told u before that Sikkim manipal is not in the WES list, and see the review might take very long time month or two even that they will not recognized the sikkim manipal university. It's totally waste of time.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Super King,

Thanks for your response..

I would like to know is the ''Institution Status'' field in the WES Report is very important??? As there is no such field is in the report but the Canadian Equivalency is provided...

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is ''Institution Status '' in the WES Report very important to file for FSW with the CIC ?
Can just Canadian Equivalency would be sufficient

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
cooldek1986 said:
Is ''Institution Status '' in the WES Report very important to file for FSW with the CIC ?
Can just Canadian Equivalency would be sufficient
The institution status MUST be Recognized for an applicant to be eligible for FSW 2014. Canadian equivalency will be awarded in either case, whether the Univ. is recognized or not recognized, but CIC will reject your application if the status is not recognized.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the WES Report, Institution Status is not mentioned at all...However, Canadian Equivalency Summary it is mentioned as ''Master's Degree'' and in the Credential Analysis it is mentioned as '' Canadian equivalency : Master's Degree''.

I believe if they have mentioned the Canadian Equivalency, the institution is recognized. Otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned the Canadian Equivalency at all.

Hence can you please suggest whether am I eligible..

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
cooldek1986 said:
In the WES Report, Institution Status is not mentioned at all...However, Canadian Equivalency Summary it is mentioned as ''Master's Degree'' and in the Credential Analysis it is mentioned as '' Canadian equivalency : Master's Degree''.

I believe if they have mentioned the Canadian Equivalency, the institution is recognized. Otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned the Canadian Equivalency at all.

Hence can you please suggest whether am I eligible..
I am not sure why that is not mentioned in your report.

I am looking at my report right now and I see the following fields:

Credential Authentication
Country
Credential
Year
Awarded by
Institution Status
Admission Requirements
Length of Program
Major/Specialization
Canadian Equivalency

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me too not sure why WES have not mentioned the status of the institution...But the Canadian Equivalency is mentioned..

Do you have idea can I take that the institution is recognized and go ahead with the application...

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
cooldek1986 said:
Me too not sure why WES have not mentioned the status of the institution...But the Canadian Equivalency is mentioned..

Do you have idea can I take that the institution is recognized and go ahead with the application...
Are you able to upload a scanned copy of your WES report in the thread here ?

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI
I think I am not having the option of uploading the WES report. can u please let me know ur email address pls

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldek1986 said:

No need to upload and send the report, as you have requested/raised the query about report then WES changed the status again to review and after couple of days you got this problematic report......that's why WES not mentioned any institution status After 2nd review.

see what you do don't waste your specious time to discuss this matter here no one can modify your report here. what u do collect the UGC/DEC approval letters from SMU and also collect the UGC status from the UGC web site and email all this collected documents to WES says to review it again and make sure you mention that your university is fully recognized in India according to the letters what you have.

It will work. if didn't work then leave it and think about any other designated agency for ECA.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks mate for sharing this info...Does the instituion status is important for the CIC since WES wouldn't have evalauted my Masters's if they had recognized..Does that make sense ?

In the meantime, I am trying to get the Approval Letters from SMU..

Besdies, I would like to understand has the CAP Limit of 2173 NOC has been reached as some forum in this site says it has reached but the CIC wesbsite doesn't says that info...

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Super King,

Finally, I got my WES recognized by WES with the instituion status as ''Recognized'' and Canadian Equivalency of Master's Degree.

Now, I would like to know how can i state in the background declaration that while working I was also studying MCA.
Could you please help here mate..

popzzz69

Aug 5, 2014
@cooldek1986.. So you mean to say that your SMU MCA degree was finally recognized by WES ?

Can you please detail all the steps you followed to make this happen?

This will be extremely helpful for guys like me..