+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal University- India, not recognized by WES org

purplechap

Jun 4, 2015
Dear Stakeholder,

Sikkim Manipal University is not recognized by World Education Services (WES).

WES is a non-profit organization that provides research about international education and trends and offers expert credential evaluation services. WES is recognized and trusted by America and Canada Govt. So, we also trust them.

Moreover, WES has now STOPPED taking evaluation request from students who done their Degrees from your Sikkim Manipal Univerity (Regular and Distance mode) and So, WES clearly mentioned about this in their website. Please find the attachment.

I have just recently enrolled in an MBA programme with SMU-DE and I am now so worried as I am planning to move to Canada after that. And if situation remains the same I loose my precious two years which will be come worthless and useless. Also, my hard earned money will become waste because of this.

IT IS OKAY, that you (SMU) have clearly mentioned in your website that you will stamp and sign the transcripts/xerox copy and will Dispatch it directly to WES by charging some money from us, BUT this DO NOT RESOLVE our problem, because WES either will reject the application and will not refund our money OR they will evaluate SMU Degrees as NON-RECOGNIZED which is again worthless and useless to us (student like me). Please find the attachment.

I request you, Please take this with very high priority and please you (SMU) directly discuss with WES and resolve this issue as soon as possible as it is affecting student's career.

Note* Apart from Sikkim Manipal University, WES has recognized all the UGC approved Universities. SMU is UGC-DEC approved but don't know why you guys have disputes with WES.

Looking forward for your positive reply and hope you will take necessary actions ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
SMU-DE Student

Jul 6, 2015
Hello Seniors,

I have a small query before we initiate this process. I did my Graduation (2006) and Post-Graduation (2012) in Part-Time from Sikkim Manipal University, DE.
I don't know but looks like WES or Canadian PR system will not award me any points for my Degree's. :( I will be more than happy to proceed with ICAS but need to know if I will get points for Sikkim Manipal University or not.

Can you please shed some more light on the same?

Starkane

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who are in dilemma about the sikkim manipal university degree being accepted for FSW program or not. Then kindly contact ICAS as my friend got this reply for his query :-

We will review a distance education qualification awarded by Sikkim Manipal University, provided that the following requirements are met:

- SMU must have been UGC-recognized at the time of your admission

- The program must have been DEC-recognized at the time of your admission

Please contact us if you require additional information or clarification.

ICAS of Canada

Take care..

masood09

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Hi Guys,

I also did my Bachelors from Sikkim Manipal. After being informed that WES does not recognize Sikkim Manipal, I had no option but to apply for ICAS. Finally yesterday I received ICAS assessment, and its positive. ICAS does recognize Sikkim Manipal University.

But do note, they take lots of time to do the assessment. I submitted the application on May 21 and received the assessment on December 14.

Regards,
Masood Ahmed

Reactions: ManaliK

ABCD321

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hav completed MBA from SMU-DE in 2013 specialized on Project Management. This degree is not worthy for the canada.. its just waste of time and money...... Because i hav applied on FSW 2014 category but no additional mark from this degree.... and it was returned without Credential from WES. so .....

NJ_SKG

Nov 24, 2014
Dear Friend,

Just for your information.

For those who are in dilemma about the sikkim manipal university degree being accepted for FSW program or not. Then kindly contact ICAS as my friend got this reply for his query :-

We will review a distance education qualification awarded by Sikkim Manipal University, provided that the following requirements are met:

- SMU must have been UGC-recognized at the time of your admission

- The program must have been DEC-recognized at the time of your admission

Please contact us if you require additional information or clarification.

ICAS of Canada

suresh.pyarla

Jan 8, 2016
Please guide regarding Assessment report from ICAS. Normally how much time they take for evaluation of Sikkim Manipal Univerty MBA degree and what is the approximate cost for the same.

Regards

Suresh.pyarla@gmail.com

masood09

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
suresh.pyarla said:
Please guide regarding Assessment report from ICAS. Normally how much time they take for evaluation of Sikkim Manipal Univerty MBA degree and what is the approximate cost for the same.

Regards

Suresh.pyarla@gmail.com
It took me around 6 months to get the ECA done from ICAS of Canada. Please refer to their website for cost.

chandu2007

Aug 11, 2016
Friends,

I was thinking to process for Canadian PR Visa, but before hand, thought to check with you about this sticky thing Sad

I have BCA from Sikkim Manipal University and M.Sc. (IT) from University of Madras (both Distance Education), does the EWS provide credentials in this case? What i read is, EWS doesn't recognize Sikkim Manipal University (written in bold words on their website.. Sad ).

I have pretty handsome experience of 10+years in IT. will look for your thoughts & experience.

Chandu

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
University of Toronto is another alternative for ECAs. I think it took them about 2 - 3 months to evaluate one of my degrees, but don't take my word for it.

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
helloo ..
,i am also same situation,plz advise how you people overcome the situation about SMU degree for migration.
Get your SMU degree evaluated from ICAS it takes around 6 months but ICAS recognizes the degree