+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sikkim Manipal Uni WES

manozthapa

Feb 21, 2023
I have contacted the SMU help desk to request to send a transcript and degree certificate for WES evaluation but they sent me the ICAS form.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
they told me you can choose ICAS or WES, but still wondering if anyone gets positive review from WES.

manozthapa

Feb 21, 2023
But they said that it's only ICAS, that does the evaluation. I think students who passed out from the year 2016 and onwards can get the WES evaluation.

Reactions: arindam.d

srajawat

May 3, 2023
https://www.smitalumni.in/newsroom/news/Change-of-Policy-of-World-Education-Services-WES-Canada.dz
You can check that in WES required documents section. They are doing for SMU who completed study from 2016 onwards.
Hi Arindam,

How were you managed to get Transcript from SMU? are they responding over email? if possible please share your step by step process in brief.
For my MBA which was completed in 2015 however degree awarded in 2016, do I need to get BCA (from SMU) also get evaluated?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Arindam,

How were you managed to get Transcript from SMU? are they responding over email? if possible please share your step by step process in brief.
For my MBA which was completed in 2015 however degree awarded in 2016, do I need to get BCA (from SMU) also get evaluated?
connect via email, they generally respond. I got this reply.
Helpdesk [SMU DE] <smuhelpdesk@smudde.edu.in> wrote:
Hi
Please find the soft copy of the application form for applying to the University for Transcript.
You may kindly note that successfully completion of all the semester of the program is a must before applying.
You should send duly filled in and signed application form with a DD in favour of Sikkim Manipal University DE, payable at par/Gangtok and clearly be mentioning the reason for obtaining the same.
Kindly send documents
1. Covering Letter from the student (Reason as to why you want the certificate (s) to be authenticated), ICAS form (Request for Academic Records which is partially filled by students as well as university).
2. photocopy copies of all semester Marks Card (MC)/Consolidated Marks Card (CMC)/Provisional Pass Certificate (PPC)/Degree Certificate (DC) whichever is applicable.
3. Attestation fee Rs.200, (1 set), D.D should be in favor of “Sikkim Manipal University-DE” payable at Gangtok any one place.
4. Covering letter should mention dispatch address, pin code, contact number and instruction if any (like sealed envelope…..)
5. Courier charge if it is outside India you have to add Rs. 1250
All the documents sent to the below-given address:

Dy. Registrar
Sikkim Manipal University - DDE
5th Mile, Tadong Gangtok - 737102
Sikkim –India, Off: 03592-231808.​

srajawat

May 3, 2023
connect via email, they generally respond. I got this reply.
Helpdesk [SMU DE] <smuhelpdesk@smudde.edu.in> wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply Arindam.

Has SMU sent transcript electronically? or via courier?

As per WES portal:
"WES only accepts academic documents issued and sent via the established digital transmission method. Documents sent through any other methods are not accepted. "

Also, for

"If you have an Indian master’s degree or an Indian postgraduate diploma…
You must also
provide your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents."
Do I need to get ECA of Bachelor Degree as well or only share Marksheet and Degree with WES?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for the prompt reply Arindam.

Has SMU sent transcript electronically? or via courier?

As per WES portal:
"WES only accepts academic documents issued and sent via the established digital transmission method. Documents sent through any other methods are not accepted. "

Also, for

"If you have an Indian master’s degree or an Indian postgraduate diploma…
You must also
provide your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents."
Do I need to get ECA of Bachelor Degree as well or only share Marksheet and Degree with WES?
They send that electronically. 2-3 weeks time SMU takes.

Only these master degrees do not need bachelor’s documents. You will find this info in WES canada site.
  • Please note: There are currently five exceptions. Those exceptions apply to people with a Master of Education, Master of Engineering, Master of Philosophy, Master of Technology, or Master of Computer Applications degree.