+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signing form IM1344 different messages

toniomava

Sep 28, 2021
Hello everyone. Im sponsoring my mother online(PGP). She lives in south america.

I'm having problems with the IM1344 form. The problem is that it must be signed by the applicant and the sponsor.

When I fill the whole form and I validate it pops up a massage that says:
If you are applying online, you do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.
On the other hand on the checklist document it says:
To be completed online, printed, signed by hand and dated by you(the sponsor), your co-signer(if applicable), and the person you are sponsoring(principal applicant)
What do you think?

Thanks!

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
Hello everyone. Im sponsoring my mother online(PGP). She lives in south america.

I'm having problems with the IM1344 form. The problem is that it must be signed by the applicant and the sponsor.

When I fill the whole form and I validate it pops up a massage that says:

On the other hand on the checklist document it says:

What do you think?

Thanks!
I have the same question! Did you figure this out? So confusing and frustrating!

toniomava

Sep 28, 2021
I have the same question! Did you figure this out? So confusing and frustrating!
I sent the documents via courier to my mother in S.America. She will have to sign it and then scan it before uploading the document to the PR Portal.