+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Significant Delay in TRV Approval with Work Permit

gladbco

Feb 29, 2024
"I applied for a work permit extension while I was in Canada in January 2023. I left Canada in March 2023 due to my grandmother's serious cancer illness, and my visa expired in May of the same year. In October, I received the work permit extension, and I arranged for the hard copy to be couriered to India, where I currently reside. Unfortunately, in November, I mistakenly submitted my application under the Visitor Visa category, resulting in its rejection. Later, in December, I resubmitted my application under the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) category with the correct work permit classification. As of today, February 29th, I have not yet received any approval notification from the Canadian consulate. I would appreciate any insights or updates regarding the status of my application. Thank you."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"I applied for a work permit extension while I was in Canada in January 2023. I left Canada in March 2023 due to my grandmother's serious cancer illness, and my visa expired in May of the same year. In October, I received the work permit extension, and I arranged for the hard copy to be couriered to India, where I currently reside. Unfortunately, in November, I mistakenly submitted my application under the Visitor Visa category, resulting in its rejection. Later, in December, I resubmitted my application under the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) category with the correct work permit classification. As of today, February 29th, I have not yet received any approval notification from the Canadian consulate. I would appreciate any insights or updates regarding the status of my application. Thank you."
When did the original work permit expire? It does not appear that you informed IRCac that you left Canada which could have a significant impact on your ability to extend a WP. What type of WP did you have?

gladbco

Feb 29, 2024
In the Canadian immigration website, it indicates a processing time of 19 weeks. Could you provide advice on expediting this process? Would it be possible for me to visit the Delhi Embassy directly for assistance?