+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signatures on forms

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021
I (sponsor, Canadian citizen) am applying PR for my wife (primary applicant) who is a citizen of India but currently in UK on a student visa. We are little unsure on about how should we get our signatures done on the submitted forms while both living in different countries?

Does submitted forms need to be hand-signed with black/blue pen by both the sponsor and primary applicant? i.e. Should my wife courier back the hand-signed forms to me and I submit those forms?

OR

Is it just find if my spouse sign the form and scan it back to be and then I print the forms in black-and-white ink and then submit them?

Please kindly let me know.

Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just a note: I am applying for PR spousal sponsorship which has no online application. The filled out application can only be submitted by courier. (Wish this was an online application :( )
There is now a spousal pr online application, but it's a pilot only. And I don't know if signature situation is easier for that.

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021
There is now a spousal pr online application, but it's a pilot only. And I don't know if signature situation is easier for that.
Hi,
Below is what I got from IRCC website on signatures: "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html"

IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

I believe above mentioned "photocopies of signatures" implies that it is fine to have my spouse complete the forms, sign it and scan it back to me. It would be helpful if someone confirms this. Thanks! :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I believe above mentioned "photocopies of signatures" implies that it is fine to have my spouse complete the forms, sign it and scan it back to me. It would be helpful if someone confirms this. Thanks! :)
That's my understanding. You may wish to have just the signature page scanned and printed so that the version you submit is as clean as possible (because they then scan again). That part can get a bit complicated with the bar codes that are part of the printed forms (that, as I understand, contain the info in the text boxes or so of it).

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021
That's my understanding. You may wish to have just the signature page scanned and printed so that the version you submit is as clean as possible (because they then scan again). That part can get a bit complicated with the bar codes that are part of the printed forms (that, as I understand, contain the info in the text boxes or so of it).
Nice idea! Thanks!