+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signatures in IMM1344E

incanadainn

Jun 16, 2013
Hi,

My husband is PR in Canada and I am in India applying through Outland. I have couriered all my supporting Docs, Photos, forms to my husband. He has already submitted to CIC Mississauga. I just had a relook at the forms he needed to submit.

In the last page of Application To Sponsor IMM1344E, it also asks for Signature of Principal Applicant, which is me and my hubby has sent the forms to CIC with his signature only as I cannot sign sitting in India on his form.

Please let me know if this will be an issue.

JamesC85

Apr 19, 2013
Whilst I am no expert in the slightest, there is a passage at the end of the application checklist that states the main reasons why applications are returned by CIC. And one of those reasons is when something requires a signature, and it doesn't have a signature.

"Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form (IMM1344 is not signed by the sponsor, and the sponsored spouse or common-law partner."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
incanadainn said:
Hi,

My husband is PR in Canada and I am in India applying through Outland. I have couriered all my supporting Docs, Photos, forms to my husband. He has already submitted to CIC Mississauga. I just had a relook at the forms he needed to submit.

In the last page of Application To Sponsor IMM1344E, it also asks for Signature of Principal Applicant, which is me and my hubby has sent the forms to CIC with his signature only as I cannot sign sitting in India on his form.

Most likely, the entire app will be returned to your husband. It is possible that they might only request a new IMM1344E with both signatures but usually the whole app is returned for a missing signature. What you need to do now is get that form signed and sent to your husband. Have him tell you the answers so that you can fill it out, validate it, sign it and mail it to him.

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
I am in the similar situation but my spouse in Canada has not sent docs to CIC yet.

As I am the principal applicant - Can I send the scanned copy of the last page of "Application To Sponsor IMM1344E" with my signature in principal applicant to my spouse in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
meandmyson said:
I am in the similar situation but my spouse in Canada has not sent docs to CIC yet.

As I am the principal applicant - Can I send the scanned copy of the last page of "Application To Sponsor IMM1344E" with my signature in principal applicant to my spouse in Canada?
I can't really say whether CIC would accept a scan or not. In my opinion, it is safer to have original signatures for both of you. As I said to the OP above, your spouse can give you the info so you can fill in the IMM1344, validate it, sign it and mail it to Canada.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
I completed the form and sent the last page to my husband so he could sign it. He then sent it to me with all his other paperwork. I signed the form when I received it. Both signatures are original.

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks for all your replies.

I have one more related to Signatures :)

I have signed all forms and my passport copies. However I sent soft copy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate to my wife in Canada so that she can take prints. Should I need to sign on these? If yes, then I will have to courier all these docs again with my sign on it :(

Regards

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Unless it asks for it in the country specific guides, I do not believe that signing is necessary at all. I did not sign any of the copies, neither did my husband.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
incanadainn said:

One of two things will happen
1 - CIC will make a request that you resubmit just the IMM1344E form, with both signatures on it. This way you can keep your place in line for processing
2 - CIC will return your entire application back to sponsor, and you will need to re-send everything again like new. You will basically start the process and waiting time again from scratch.

meandmyson said:
I have signed all forms and my passport copies. However I sent soft copy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate to my wife in Canada so that she can take prints. Should I need to sign on these? If yes, then I will have to courier all these docs again with my sign on it :(
As was mentioned, you don't need to sign all your copies and things you photocopy (like passport). You ONLY need to sign where the forms specifically state you need to sign. If they don't ask you to sign a copy of something, then don't sign it.