+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature on the PR Card

medhansh12345

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,

I landed in Canada with my family in Mar 2011 and I received PR Cards only for my wife and Kid initially. There was an issue with my Photo and they sent me a letter asking for my pictures again. I send them my pictures again in Jan 2012 and I received my PR Card today.

I observed that my wife & Kid PR Cards are having the ‘Signature’ under their photo in the PR Card. But the PR Card I receive today (Feb 2012) doesn’t have my ‘Signature’ under the photo in the PR Card.

Just wondering is the process changed from last year to this year and they removed ‘Signature’ that used to be there just below the photo in the PR Card? Or by mistake they forgot to print the ‘Signature’ in my PR Card?

Did anyone receive PR card recently in this year (2012) and have the ‘Signature’ on the PR Card? Did anyone encountered this issue anytime recently or is the process is changed recently?

Appreciate your time.

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
Hey,

Why don't you call the call center? So far I know they have a toll-free number dedicated to PR issues.

Can I also ask what issues you had with your own photos as they rejected it, although your wife's and kid's were fine? And, how did you resolve the issue when you send them the photo second time?

Best,
Bonny

medhansh12345 said:
Hi,

I landed in Canada with my family in Mar 2011 and I received PR Cards only for my wife and Kid initially. There was an issue with my Photo and they sent me a letter asking for my pictures again. I send them my pictures again in Jan 2012 and I received my PR Card today.

I observed that my wife & Kid PR Cards are having the ‘Signature' under their photo in the PR Card. But the PR Card I receive today (Feb 2012) doesn't have my ‘Signature' under the photo in the PR Card.

Just wondering is the process changed from last year to this year and they removed ‘Signature' that used to be there just below the photo in the PR Card? Or by mistake they forgot to print the ‘Signature' in my PR Card?

Did anyone receive PR card recently in this year (2012) and have the ‘Signature' on the PR Card? Did anyone encountered this issue anytime recently or is the process is changed recently?

Appreciate your time.

medhansh12345

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,

I observed that my wife & Kid PR Cards are having the ‘Signature' under their photo in the PR Card. But the PR Card I receive today (Feb 2012) doesn't have my ‘Signature' under the photo in the PR Card.

Just wondering is the process changed from last year to this year and they removed ‘Signature' that used to be there just below the photo in the PR Card? Or by mistake they forgot to print the ‘Signature' in my PR Card?

Did anyone receive PR card recently in this year (2012) and have the ‘Signature' on the PR Card? Did anyone encountered this issue anytime recently or is the process is changed recently?

Appreciate your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

medhansh12345 said:
Hi,

Appreciate your time.
Yes, no longer signatures on PR cards.

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
my pr card doesn't have my signature below my photo!

"applicant's signature feature will no longer appear on PR Cards issued as of February 1, 2012" (source)

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
@ danhass

how much days exactly did it take to get ure PR card mailed to u on landing? In ure timeline its shown it took almost 10 months from Medicals done to Passport request , was there an interview in between on jan or was the interview waived ...

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
muscattocanada said:
how much days exactly did it take to get ure PR card mailed to u on landing?
I landed on March 23 ... card was mailed to me on May 22

muscattocanada said:
In ure timeline its shown it took almost 10 months from Medicals done to Passport request , was there an interview in between on jan or was the interview waived ...
no interview ... in my case, the gap b/w medical to ppr was one of the highest in US visa offices (the typical time is 3 to 6 months) ... i spent those 10 months in a lot of frustration, depression, waiting and watching others get their ppr and move on!

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
I landed on March 23 ... card was mailed to me on May 22
it also took almost 2 months to get ure PR card .... is this usual for all landed immigrants ?... god willing , planning to travel next year for my PR card but will be able to stay only 1 month as I need to report back to office ... is there any way I can fast track PR card processing ?....

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
muscattocanada said:
it also took almost 2 months to get ure PR card .... is this usual for all landed immigrants ?... god willing , planning to travel next year for my PR card but will be able to stay only 1 month as I need to report back to office ... is there any way I can fast track PR card processing ?....
no way to fast track for first time applicants ... you can check the current processing times for pr card applications on cic.gc.ca (it may be longer than 2 months by now ... it is listed as "number of business days" so you'll have to do some calculation to convert it into calendar days/months)